Red Dead Redemption

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
To hell with this zombie shit. Why does every damn game coming out now have to have zombies and multiplayer? I swear everytime I hear someone talking about multiplayer I want to punch holes in their brain.
The only games I've heard of that have an extra zombie mode are 2 of the Call of Duty's and now RDR. And games come out with multiplayer because it allows players to connect and play against each other and adds longevity to the game.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
The only games I've heard of that have an extra zombie mode are 2 of the Call of Duty's and now RDR. And games come out with multiplayer because it allows players to connect and play against each other and adds longevity to the game.
Read for context, and I know why games have MP. However, every fucking game coming out now does not need multiplayer to add longevity to the game. Did Super Metroid have MP? Did RE4 have MP? Did Mass Effect and ME2 have multiplayer? No. Why? Because the campaign was solid and the gameplay was on point. Bioware extended the Mass Effect 2 experience by giving us Kasumi's mission, Overlord and ShadowBroker DLC. All of which can be had for just under 20 bucks, offers at least six hours of extended gameplay and adds to the story while bridging the gap between ME2 and ME3.

What does this new Red Dead crap do? Gives us zombies to shoot at, a zombie horse, and doesn't even tie into the RDR canon. If anything, they should have made a story about The Strange Man.

These companies need to start focusing on solid single player campaign instead of the MP bullshit the fans cry for yet only play for one week. Bioshock 2 anyone?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
^^^I heard this zombie pack adds about 6 hours of single player...Anybody who played gta knows they gonna hook up the single player
What does this new Red Dead crap do? Gives us zombies to shoot at, a zombie horse, and doesn't even tie into the RDR canon. If anything, they should have made a story about The Strange Man.

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
Read for context, and I know why games have MP. However, every fucking game coming out now does not need multiplayer to add longevity to the game. Did Super Metroid have MP? Did RE4 have MP? Did Mass Effect and ME2 have multiplayer? No. Why? Because the campaign was solid and the gameplay was on point.

These companies need to start focusing on solid single player campaign instead of the MP bullshit the fans cry for yet only play for one week. Bioshock 2 anyone?
And that's why CoD and other FPS games will always have MP - because their single-player is usually weak. But they're never gonna put as much focus on that because MP is their money-maker. I'm still gonna enjoy games with a solid single player story though (Fallout: New Vegas).

Oct 9, 2008
For just 10 bucks (800 Microsoft points), Rockstar is adding what nearly amounts to a whole new game. There's a roughly six hour storyline, complete with cutscenes and new music. There are all new enemies, mounts to ride, outfits to wear, side-quests and challenges. There's even new multiplayer content (which I can't talk about until next week). This download is, to put it succinctly, absolutely huge. And it's all going to be available October 26.

Rather than continuing where Red Dead Redemption left off, Undead Nightmare is a side-story to the main campaign. Once you have it downloaded, you can select it from the main menu screen and hop straight into a tale of zombacalyptic proportions. This is a complete side-story -- everything you do in Undead Nightmare does not interact with your game progress in the main game.

The story goes like this: An infection is sweeping through the land, turning everyone into zombie shells of their former selves. As John Marston, it's up to you to discover the source of the outbreak and set things right. The brief bit of the actual storyline I played showed that Rockstar is clearly approaching this add-on with a sense of humor. The cutscene featured the old grave robber Seth -- as loony as ever -- trying to play poker with a zombified version of his old pal Moses. Things don't work out that well.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
And that's why CoD and other FPS games will always have MP - because their single-player is usually weak. But they're never gonna put as much focus on that because MP is their money-maker. I'm still gonna enjoy games with a solid single player story though (Fallout: New Vegas).
And that is exactly the reason why FPS will never advance in terms of gameplay. Too much emphasis on MP while the campaign suffers. To be honest, if you've played one FPS, you've damn near played them all. Maybe Deus EX: Human Revolution will change that, but its simply running around with your gun on screen looking like a fool, shooting other vermine online and shouting "HA HA I BEEZ PWNING THE NOOOOOOOOBZ"

No.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
For just 10 bucks (800 Microsoft points), Rockstar is adding what nearly amounts to a whole new game. There's a roughly six hour storyline, complete with cutscenes and new music. There are all new enemies, mounts to ride, outfits to wear, side-quests and challenges. There's even new multiplayer content (which I can't talk about until next week). This download is, to put it succinctly, absolutely huge. And it's all going to be available October 26.

Rather than continuing where Red Dead Redemption left off, Undead Nightmare is a side-story to the main campaign. Once you have it downloaded, you can select it from the main menu screen and hop straight into a tale of zombacalyptic proportions. This is a complete side-story -- everything you do in Undead Nightmare does not interact with your game progress in the main game.

The story goes like this: An infection is sweeping through the land, turning everyone into zombie shells of their former selves. As John Marston, it's up to you to discover the source of the outbreak and set things right. The brief bit of the actual storyline I played showed that Rockstar is clearly approaching this add-on with a sense of humor. The cutscene featured the old grave robber Seth -- as loony as ever -- trying to play poker with a zombified version of his old pal Moses. Things don't work out that well.
The bold and underlined is why this is weak.

Edited: I wonder if the PS3 version will still look inferior to the 360 version. (No fanboyism here I have both machines.)

Oct 9, 2008
OK??? You was talkin bout single player dude...sounds to me like this has alot! I don't play this game online but i will be downloading this! I still fuck with episodes from liberty city on gta! I think out of any publisher out there Rockstar caters to single player more then most!

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
OK??? You was talkin bout single player dude...sounds to me like this has alot! I don't play this game online but i will be downloading this! I still fuck with episodes from liberty city on gta! I think out of any publisher out there Rockstar caters to single player more then most!
Yeah it offers something that has nothing to do with the campaign. And you don't have to DL this. They are coming with a stand alone version for $29.99 and it includes all the other DLC they had like free roam, liars dice, etc.

Oct 9, 2008
Again, i don't play this online so i could give a fuck bout liars dice and all that bs. All i know is $10 for (AT LEAST 6 hours) of single player sounds worth it to me. Some games sell for $60 and barely offer 6 hours of sp and knowing rockstar with side missions it will probably last you longer!

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
yall typing way to much for my limited attention span

i agree with both but shit. i can see the oversaturation with zombies, but at the same time i can dig it. dont like it dont play it.

honestly, if they dug deep in strange man it would ruin it. to me that strange man was the best part of the game. who is he? the devil? his conscious? death? leave that be and dont ruin the mystery

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
To be honest, if you've played one FPS, you've damn near played them all. Maybe Deus EX: Human Revolution will change that, but its simply running around with your gun on screen looking like a fool, shooting other vermine online and shouting "HA HA I BEEZ PWNING THE NOOOOOOOOBZ"

No.
I am going to have to disagree. It takes skill to master a game online and no they are not all the same, each game has its own uniqueness that separates it from each other like I play Gears of War 2 and Halo Reach online, I was a Counter Strike player too, all different. LOL best part about online gaming is the trash talk to me, its amusing listening to different types of people shit talk. Competing shits on just playing single player game by yourself its 2010 LOL.

Red Dead online is ok they need to add more elements in the world. Trying to level up is coo they give you good perks but I can't keep playing it unless getting achievements.

May 4, 2002
this game is only good for SP mode,which isnt long (unless u hunt/pick all herbs). MP is lacking as i expected from rockstar. i sold this on caigslist when i beat it and dont plan on buying their dlc.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
yall typing way to much for my limited attention span

i agree with both but shit. i can see the oversaturation with zombies, but at the same time i can dig it. dont like it dont play it.

honestly, if they dug deep in strange man it would ruin it. to me that strange man was the best part of the game. who is he? the devil? his conscious? death? leave that be and dont ruin the mystery
They didn't have to do the Strange Man, I just suggested that because they could have tied it into the story.

***SPOILER***

Why not do something for Jack? Serously, would you rather shoot Zombies or would you rather they expand on Jack and how he handles his fathers death? How he got trained from ole boy in Mexico? Instead of giving us something that contributes to the story/canon they give us zombies...

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
i feel that heresy, and i do agree that why do what eveyone else is doing.

i think that they trying to leave that cannon as a stand alone and not mess with it like movies do to they cannons. star wars 1-3 anyone? not horrible imo, but wow..serio george?
if anythink i think aliens would have been cooler, something to nod the "cowboys and aliens" upcoming film and graphic noval..sweet concept

SPOILER

shit, they may be working on some story related elements to add after the game. but im sure that they got the message from alot of fans that jack seems like an emo cowboy bitch