Rasputins Bay Area Vs Stockton

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 14, 2006
Can anyone tell me the difference do the bay area Rasputin have alot more to offer then Stockton? I was heading up north and i wanted to check out stockons rasputins. Or should i drive further west to check out the bay areas rasputin?

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
i tried hitting the Stockton location but didnt find it. I was going off memory on the address though so that was prob my fault

Apr 14, 2008
stockton does not have that much bay music. especially if you looking for used bay music. but new stuff, its like all the others. they have it.

May 12, 2002
dope.st
The Berkley one is the original Rasputins, right?

I went to the Berkley and the SF Rasputin's in the last week and bought over 100 used Bay CD's all told, and I definitely copped more in the SF one, they got used copies of practically every Bay release, there's a lightweight section on the ground floor and then the fifth floor is killing it, a long ass section of used hip hop which is full of Bay stuff including mixtapes and promos, I saw used copies of just about every Bay CD I'd already bought new this year up there on that one floor.

Plus if you find the closeout racks on the same floor, nearer the lift, the hip-hop section there is about six columns of $1.95 CD's (buy 3 get one free) and 99% of the CD's are sealed copies of smaller Bay releases from the past year, plus the same again underneath in boxes on the floor (some people don't spot a lot of sections in Rasputins have twice as many CD's if you look on the floor). I was able to cop the last Mac & AK joint, the last two Bueno joints, Dezit Eaze joint, Mr. Peebodie (Doja Clik) joint, J-Nash joint and so much other stuff at $1,95 a pop, and that closeout section is way better than in Berkley which only had a few Bay things (Wizeguys, Bravez Team Hyphy) at that price.

By the way, I notice a lot of Rasputins and Ameoba stores are still trying to flog all that Bayside back catalogue which I remember a lot of cats on here bought from that crazy Tower Records website 99c closeout a few years ago and then sold back to the independent stores lol... ouch...

Apr 25, 2002
the best one in my opinion is San Lorenzo. But Stocktons is coo. they got a lot of bay shit. i mean just like all the rest. way better than the one in Vallejo.
The one in Frisco is coo too.......

as far as the used cd's, most of the used cd's get distributed thru Berkeley no matter where they came from so thats gonna be hit and miss. last year they had Stackin Chips in the used section for 30 bucks in Stockton.......i've been to 4 or 5 rasputins in stockton/bay and times i aint found nothin so,hit and miss regardless.........

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
i use to love hittin the Newark spot because of the tape section but thats been closed a while now...

Nov 2, 2002
the closeout section ($1.95) at the concord rasputins is HUGE. Its bigger than the regular used section. Ive had some great finds in that section over the years

Jun 1, 2007
www.cdbaby.com
The best 2 are Campbell and San Lorenzo for "used" cd's. For new stuff every Rasputin Music Store will have the same stock at the same price.

I hit up Stockton a lot selling my cd's. They have all of the new Bay Area rap music that all of the other stores carry but in all Honesty their "used" section really isn't "used" cd's. It is just "overstock" and it is at regular price.

L-Love
http://www.cdbaby.com/llovehuey