Rappin’ 4-Tay arrested in SF Mission

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 6, 2014
Earth
LINK

Police confirmed the arrest of San Francisco rapper Anthony Forté , better known by his stage name, Rappin’ 4-Tay, following a Mission Local reader’s report that alleged Forté to be the suspect in an attempted home invasion on Wednesday morning.

San Francisco Police Department spokesperson Robert Rueca said that police responded to a call at 5:18 a.m. on May 10 of “someone trying to break into someone’s house on a unit block of Woodward Street,” between Valencia and Mission streets at 14th Street.

The caller gave a suspect description of the person attempting to break into the home, and police detained a man matching that description close by, said Rueca.

That person was identified as 49-year-old Forté, a well-known rapper from San Francisco’s Fillmore District. Forté was arrested for an outstanding warrant in another county, said Rueca.

A Mission Local reader who lives on the block where the arrest occurred said she witnessed the incident, and that another neighbor later informed her of the suspect’s identity.

Forté, known for his 1994 hit “Playaz Club,” among others, appeared on records by Too $hort and Tupac Shakur.

The rapper, who was born in the last appeared on March 17 at Casa Sorrento in Salinas, California, according to the website songkick.com.

In a 2011 article, in the East Bay Express, Rachel Swan described the short-life span of most rappers as five years and said that at a Berkeley concert that year at the Black Rep it was clear that in Forté’s new alliance with keyboardist Dana Salzman “it quickly became clear that the were there to see Salzman, not 4-Tay.”

Nevertheless, Swan wrote, “Despite the sparse crowd, the tawdry party decorations, and the tetchy sound system at Black Rep, 4-Tay put on a terrific show.”

Crime is trauma and the county offers different services, which can be found here. Victims of violent crime can also contact the Trauma Recovery Center at UCSF.

Apr 28, 2016
Jakkin' 4 krak needa b this smoked out junkies new name. I felt bad for him the first time he did this shyt n got caught , this his second time gettin caught for this stupid shyt tho, now it's fuk em. this smoked out lil nigga needs to grow the fuk up n stop smokin chewy like a mutha fukkn nutt

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
already mentioned this cuz it was super funny..and a certain someone went and twittered rappin 4 tays twitter and posted the link, like i was snitching.. smh.. anywho. i saw 4 tay out on the d spot in tenderloin lookin bad..he did not look to be grinding ima tell you that. and it was funny cuz someone yelled out "rappin 4 tay sucks!!!" and he spent his next 5 minutes with this pouty face looking around the connecting intersections and direct streets for who said it..bro looked actually kinda hurt.

but if you're anyone who's anyone on turk and leavenworth in SF..and you aren't looking too healthy .. ima say that's not a good look...even grinding on that block isn't a very good look..all my SF people know what i'm saying. that's kinda the lowest of the low for a local, unless you're passing through to buy pills..i'd even say buying dope on that street would make you lowest of the low dope fiends..and as a d boy.. that's like your last resort.. it's like sellin weed on upper height..

shit was super funny tho cuz when the person yelled out that rappin 4 tay sucks, he really got super mad and was like "WHO SAID THAT!" and then started pacing back and forth on the blocks like he was gonna find the dude.i was actually dying so hard he looked at me and i kinda gave him a shrug like "i dunno who said it, bro" and he just continued to pace with a mad pout face.

at any rate i wish rappin 4 tay good luck , much love and alot of luck in the future. just the fact he made playas club makes me wish him the best...i can only imagine if i saw like, snoop dogg on lower height selling dime sacks of nade..at the time i heard drake used his lyrics and he was suing drake, or that drake was gonna give him some money for using his lyrics..

maybe that settlement just went quick... who knows.. fuck that bitch ass nigga drake personally. i hated that he used 4 tats lyrics and that shows you right there the nigga is somewhat of a legend. i hate to see niggas we bumped back then doin bad all jokes aside.

Last edited: