Rapper Gets 20 Years After Writing Shooting Song...IDIOT

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 13, 2004
DUBLIN, Ga. – He shot a man twice and felt so good about it, police said, a rapper wrote a song describing the shooting and calling out the victim by name. A judge sentenced 25-year-old Rico Todriquez Wright Monday to spend the next 20 years in prison after his victim mentioned the hip hop confession to police.

Chad Blue, 28, told police he had known Wright before the September 2006 shooting, but that the men weren't friendly. He testified companions egged Wright on as he chased and shot his victim in the thigh and groin.

Later, Blue told police he recognized Wright's voice on a CD, rapping "Chad Blue knows how I shoot."

Wright was sentenced to 20 years for two counts of aggravated assault. He will spend another 20 years on probation.

Jun 4, 2004

Rap Confession Leads to Conviction

A young rapper's musical confession ended up in a guilty verdict, according to the Dublin Judicial Circuit district attorney.

Craig Fraser says 23-year-old Rico Wright was convicted this week of shooting Chad Blue in September 2006.

Blue was shot in the buttocks and groin, and at the time, he said he didn't know who shot him.

But some time later, Fraser said, a friend played Blue a CD on which Wright rapped, "Ask Chad Blue, he knows I can shoot."

Fraser said the two didn't get along, but he wasn't sure why.

A Dublin jury this week convicted Wright of aggravated assault, he said.

Fraser said Wright was already serving time in state prison on a 2007 cocaine-distribution conviction.

Judge Donnie Gillis this week sentenced him to 20 more years in prison and 20 years probation, Fraser said.

Fraser said the name of Wright's record was "Hitting Licks for a Living," which he described as a reference to robberies.

http://www.13wmaz.com/article/20081119/NEWS01/81119009

Googled it but he is even less famous than Mc Kblocc....

Apr 19, 2006
an idiot. but for some reason this kind of thing isn't even suprising anymore. rap has gone so far over the line of decency and stupidity that this doesn't even seem like a big deal.

May 15, 2002
The title was misleading. It made it sound as if he just talked about shooting him in the song and didn't do it. But now that I've read it, he actually shot the dude and then rapped about it.
Yeah, he's a retard.

Sep 5, 2008
someone find the album.
im guessing they had ample evidence to convict beyond him saying that..
I dont know, I mean, the guy who got shot saying "thats the guy that shot me" and "see its even in a song" was probably all the evidence they needed.