Ran into Mr. Doctor at a friends barbecue last weekend here in Sac.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 19, 2006
Bottom 2 pics are from the barbecue last Saturday and top pic is from wedding we attended on Sunday. My Gf is friends with one of his nieces and she was getting married. Noticed there were a lot of Bloods at the barbecue, my gf said they were from his side of the family but he wasn’t on no banging shit. He just seemed like a regular dude.

Props: Mixerr

dalycity650

Barlito's Way
Feb 8, 2006
He released one of the best Sacramento rap albums of all time and doesnt want to talk about it?

Thats messed up....

Shit, im sure he's been through a lot over the years- banging, controversy, and other shit so I don't blame him for moving on and not wanting to talk about it. Enjoy the music and let the man live his life

Feb 1, 2018
Yea i Get that man, but that setripn bloccstyle albums should be something to be proud of. From a musicians perspective
Forgive dalycity650 @dalycity650 he’s a hardass who thinks he can outlift me

I feel you tho datplaya @datplaya kinda depends on the context tho cuz I’m sure he doesn’t get recognized that often and he was involved in drama in the past and would therefore prolly wanna avoid the conversation. But yeah as a fan of the music, you’d expect a nigga to at least acknowledge it for half a second lol

Apr 19, 2006
Yea i Get that man, but that setripn bloccstyle albums should be something to be proud of. From a musicians perspective
He did acknowledge to me he was the rapper Mr. Doctor but he didn’t seem to interested in talking about his past with me. I can only assume he didn’t want to speak on his music career because of all the gang banging associated with it. He has seemed to moved on from that part of his life. Believe me... growing up on his music I wanted to ask him about a lot of stuff like why he and Lynch stopped doing music together ( I always felt his music sounded better when him and Lynch were together). I wanted to ask him about C-Bo and Sicx and why he had beef with them. Wanted to ask him about Foe Loco and if he’s still cool with him. Ask him about his manager Green Eyes since he used to post on here and if he used to come on the siccness and what he though about all the Doc rumors people posted on here about him. lol I did mention that I grew up listening to a lot of Sactown gangsta music, me being from LA and all and he said that was cool. I said I used to post on the Siccness forum back in the day a lot and he nodded his head, smiled and said that’s what’s up. He sounded like he knew what I was referring to. I just didn’t want to press him on any music shit if he didn’t seem interested in talking about it and I didn’t want to come off disrespectful asking him a bunch of questions about his past like some groupie nigga. I will say the brotha was cool af.

Apr 19, 2006
Forgive dalycity650 @dalycity650 he’s a hardass who thinks he can outlift me

I feel you tho datplaya @datplaya kinda depends on the context tho cuz I’m sure he doesn’t get recognized that often and he was involved in drama in the past and would therefore prolly wanna avoid the conversation. But yeah as a fan of the music, you’d expect a nigga to at least acknowledge it for half a second lol
He did acknowledge it but didn’t seem to interested in talking about it and I can respect that. I was talking with him mostly about cars, showed him my 1971 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible and he was digging that... he’s a car guy so he was super hyped up talking about cars with me. Then we spoke a lot about sports, football and basketball and spoke about fitness and lifting. His wife is a trainer and nutritionist like himself, they both were talking a lot with me and my GF.

Apr 19, 2006
Thats a trip. Im sure he didn't wanna talk about the past and the snitch allegations etc. But its funny how ppl online say he got ran outa sac etc.. when clearly he still lives and works there.

What nationality is dude? I always wondered what he was lol since the 90s.
He definitely looks mixed. I’d say black and Mexican probably or maybe part white. You can definitely see he has black in him from his facial features and although his hair was cut real close to head it didn’t look like whiteboy hair, it looked black to me standing next to him from what I can tell. Oh before I was even introduced to him I saw an older lady yell to him and the group of guys he was standing with and shout there’s the Turner Boys and she went over hugging them. One looked straight Mexican and the other ones looked half breed, 2 of them looked kind of like Doc so I’m assuming they were all brothers or related some how. By the way... when he was introduced to me he was introduced as Doug Turner. Nobody there ever referred to him as Doc though. lol

for what it’s worth there were a lot of people at the barbecue that looked like bangers and they all looked like Bloods from how they were dressed and talked. There was about 60 people there and I’d say probably about 10 might of been Bloods just by the way they were dressed. It was mostly just regular people there though... lot of older people 30 years and up I’d guess. Mostly black people, some white people and Mexican. Some of the white people I talked to last name was Turner when they introduced themselves. So maybe dude is part white. I always figured dude was half breed by the way he looked from pics back in the day. I’m half black/Mexican so I’m pretty good at telling when someone is mixed with something

Props: short
Bottom 2 pics are from the barbecue last Saturday and top pic is from wedding we attended on Sunday. My Gf is friends with one of his nieces and she was getting married. Noticed there were a lot of Bloods at the barbecue, my gf said they were from his side of the family but he wasn’t on no banging shit. He just seemed like a regular dude.
Did you tell him your username on here? He probably would of beat yo ass knowing you’re one of the main clowns on the Siccness that talked shit clowning him. 😂

Props: short
Apr 19, 2006
Did you tell him your username on here? He probably would of beat yo ass knowing you’re one of the main clowns on the Siccness that talked shit clowning him. 😂
I never talked shit about him. I might of said I didn’t like his albums after Setrippin Bloccstyle but I never said anything about the brotha.

dalycity650

Barlito's Way
Feb 8, 2006
I never talked shit about him. I might of said I didn’t like his albums after Setrippin Bloccstyle but I never said anything about the brotha.
I don't think he would be upset if you told him you didn't like anything past Setrippen Blackstone as many would agree with you there.

Personally, Bombay is my favorite album from him, anything released after that doesnt touch that and Bloccstyle

KK1

Apr 3, 2022
New to this site, but wanted to share some information I personally know also. So, I bought, and still have, his 1963 Chevy Impala 4dr. in December of 2001. I did not know when looking for the car in the papers that I was going to meet him via this venture. I saw it and called about it and when I went to his duplex in Fair Oaks (near the Player's Club Bar or something back then), the car was sitting outside and was pretty rough looking. It had a midnight blue paint job with heavy rainbow flake throughout it when the sun hit it and had a bright white top. It ran like shit also, with flames shooting from the carburetor and the intake manifold wasn't completely tightened down! lol. It also had the heater core out and the antifreeze was leaking all over the green carpet. It had fake bolt on wire wheels.

Anyway, I had a couple friends with me and they were checking the car out, and no one recognized him at all. I said I'd buy it and we proceeded to enter his house into his dining room to get a bill of sale and all that. His wife in the pics above was cooking in the kitchen and his child, I believe his daughter, was running around. He came out with a notepad to write the BOS on, and I noticed it had the hand drawing picture of the warthogs or whatever from The Odyssey album sleeve on the back. I then thought he was a groupie and asked him "if he knew what beef there was between Brotha lynch and Mr. Doctor? " He said, "I am Mr. Doctor" calmly, and I retorted, ' I don't think you know what I'm saying...." lol. He said, " No, I AM Mr. Doctor." I went a little fanboy and said "Really?! No gayness (NOT THAT IT'S NOT OKAY), can I give you a hug, man?!" So we did the man hug and he was super cool about everything. He went into the back room and brought a bunch of copies of his first three albums out and was like, "Here bro!". Like a dummy, I said, "I already own them all." He was like, "Well you have friends with you, pass 'em out!" lol.

So, we did the transaction, and he signed the repress of "Bloccstyle" cover sleeve for me, which says, "Take care of my Tre - Mr. Doctor." I also, still have it to this day hanging in my studio with other rapper autographs. I ended up having to go back to his house from a few blocks down the street to use his landline to call a tow truck because it broke down... go figure! lol.

The name on the title was Doug Turner. And I believe he is Black and White mix. I did see him once a few months after that while I was driving the Impala down the highway to get to my apartment on Mack Rd and 99 (in south Sac for those who don't know). I was in the middle lane and he drove up fast on my left in a Mid-90's Ford Explorer and was like, "Hey bro!" through his downed passenger window. I returned greeting and he said the car sounds great after I fixed it, and asked d if I DJ'ed; I was like, "No, I just play around with beats and I'm not super good". He laughed, and we talked a bit more and then went separate ways.

Since then, I have fixed it up and repainted it an Indigo Blue with a white and blue pearl top. The interior is the same green vinyl, except the white headliner and, now, blue carpet. Some chrome still needs finishing. I have real 14" wire wheels on it now also. I'd like to get some 17's for it though soon. The car can be very slightly seen with him sitting in the driver's seat on the "Best of Mr. Doctor" CD cover (taken before I bought the car). You can see behind him above the writing, the headliner then was cut all the way over the rear seat to the rear window.

I know, this is long, but I didn't know how else to explain other than the story novel!... sorry... lol. *** Oooh, I paid $3,000 for it.

Last edited: