Radiation in the USA?!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 22, 2007
Officials stating that as early as Friday, radiation will hit CA. But not @ dangerous levels... do u believe this or do u think the government is feeding us shit... AGAIN!

Jul 25, 2007
Nah man. Its true. You gotta go to your nearby grocery store and cop all the salt you can get. Theres a new study stating that salt is a radiation repellent. Fill a bathtub halfway with salt. Then wipe down your body with any sticky substance then dip yourself in the salt. Radiation will not be able to get to your body. Google it bro.

Feb 7, 2011
Its not only possible, its probable, due to japan being on the edge of a clockwise jet stream (9 oclock) while we are at (4 oclock) on that same stream. But the levels will be so minimal that you wouldn't even notice..

err.., i had to repeat this a few times to people at my work who were wondering the same thing so here it goes..

Chernobyl had a graphite based fuel source, making it possible to be carried much further at much higher dosages, These plants (which were sold to japan by GE, which is now GE-Hitatchi) have a more liquid and gas bassed fuel source, which dissipate much faster into the atmosphere.

300-rads is the equivalent of 75-100 Rem (milirems). People at my work push 100-200 milirems in their body daily and are alotted 300 milirem per lifetime.. Its when you get over 350-400 Milirems where effects like nausea and diarrhea occur

drewski.kalonji

Shark Finning & Grinning
May 17, 2002
Murky Bay Waters, CA
the radiation that comes over is gonna be very low. there is radiation is alot of stuff we use every day. we will be fine.
thats what i've been telling peeps. I mean first of all there's naturally occuring radioactive materials coming at you from everywhere. cosmic rays from space to the radon gas being released from the earths crust.

second your computer screen, machines at the airport, electric heaters, cellphones, shit even your tissue and other organs in your body have radioactive elements in it (radium, carbon 14 etc.) all of it is popping with that radioactive funk.

and yeah i understand that you don't need a huge amount of rads to acquire acute radiation syndrome but people probably get more by taking xray pictures in a dentist chair then what could be carried over from japan in a jet stream.

Apr 23, 2010
tvs, microwaves, cell phones even dog food has a little bit of radiation. all of those things give off very little radiation that wont hurt you. the radiation that will hit the westcoast will be very very very small.

Apr 23, 2010
thats what i've been telling peeps. I mean first of all there's naturally occuring radioactive materials coming at you from everywhere. cosmic rays from space to the radon gas being released from the earths crust.

second your computer screen, machines at the airport, electric heaters, cellphones, shit even your tissue and other organs in your body have radioactive elements in it (radium, carbon 14 etc.) all of it is popping with that radioactive funk.

and yeah i understand that you don't need a huge amount of rads to acquire acute radiation syndrome but people probably get more by taking xray pictures in a dentist chair then what could be carried over from japan in a jet stream.
yup yup. everybody needs to stay calm everything will be ok.

Feb 7, 2011
lol!! In my locker at work we have (standard) 5 iodine pills incase WE IN SUNOL have a meltdown. Never had to use em, in fact when they issued them to me my boss said "So heres something you probably never going to ever have to use."

The navy has their fleets equipped with sprinklers ready to spray salt water because it reduces the radiation, not by much but by a decent amount.

Remember, Time, distance and shielding are what u need to keep in mind about radiation exposure.

and yes, you (literally) get more exposure by lying next to your significant other then you would rubbing your face against the outside of a containment area.