R.I.P. Steve Jobs

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 12, 2002
Hackintosh is the way to go. You get the same power (or more) as a Mac Pro for way cheaper AND you get the reliability of the OS X operating system. OS X kills Windows in stability, there's no denying that.

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
forever if you watch what websites you visit and clean it regularly.
the beauty of my mac is that ive had it for almost 3 years and its just as fast as day 1 with no "cleaning" and i dont have to worry about the sites i go to or the shit i download/install.

Plus, PCs arent good for editing videos so it would almost be pointless for me to own one.

Aug 24, 2003
did everybody just totally ignore the part where it said under pc "Can be turned into a mac"

lol
all a mac is, is PC hardware + the mac operating system; except they build it in a way to where you cant open it and upgrade it.
you can easily build your own pc for 1/5th of the price, install the MAC OS, and have yourself a mac computer, if you're such an idiot that you havent learned how to properly use a computer yet

macs are like lottery tickets, theyre tax on people who dont have any common sense and low intelligence

tony206 once posted in the open forum an academic study that proved that people who use internet explorer have lower IQ's than people who use mozilla.

id like to see a similar study comparing people who use PC's vs people who use macs

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
i;m so drunk

yeah... i seen that

and i'm not interested in building my own computer... sorry

plus i'm not going to assume any risks regarding support in case some shit goes wrong with the hardware

that same "build your own computer" argument can be used to call windows pc users idiots for buying ready made computers straight out of best buy

::

Aug 24, 2003
and what you're forgetting is the average computer user, especially a person who prefers a mac, has never heard of a "mackintosh", know this possibility exists, or is going to go out of the way to figure that out.

which is why steve jobs was such "an innovator"
keep people in the dark, sell them outdated inferior technology for extremely high prices, and laugh all the way to the bank

i hope amazons fire kindle or whatever its called murks the ipad

Jun 23, 2008
Gold Coast, Australia
well let's review the past 9 years that i've been using a mac... i've owned 3 other ones before the one i'm using right now, and i've never found any viruses on my computer, never had to "watch what websites i can go to", downloaded shit recklessly, my system has never ran any other way than smooth, and... you know what? it's kind of hard to list what HASN'T happened during my 9 year run with apple computers... how does that old saying go? "i got 99 problems and my computer aint one?"

but yeah... i spent a few hundred dollars more for all this... i made the wrong choice :*(

ive never once had a virus and done about 3 virus scans in 4 years, all turned up negative.

Jan 31, 2008
from my experience, macs are good family computers. Viewing media, browsing the web, doing homework, etc.

but personally i prefer a PC because the whole computer to me is a big game. From hacking to cracking to chatting to whatever, i like to be all up in the guts of the computer. I do have a Backtrack 5 dual boot with windows tho but all im saying is i enjoy the flexibility to do what i want with my computer, even if i spend hours trying to dig deep into it to fix it, its all fun and games for me.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
the beauty of my mac is that ive had it for almost 3 years and its just as fast as day 1 with no "cleaning" and i dont have to worry about the sites i go to or the shit i download/install.

Plus, PCs arent good for editing videos so it would almost be pointless for me to own one.
Sony Vegas works well on pc's.................

plus I can make cheap upgrades whenever I want and custom PC's are easy to put together.

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
LMAO! Really? I recall the iPhone coming out first. Then came the Android, with a very similar look and feel...and a few slight differences.

Getting an idea is not stealing, especially in technology. This is what we call innovation...which is what Apple is known for. Did they steal the MP3 player? Tablet? Cell phone? You telling me the 2nd person to make a chair stole the idea from the 1st person? No...the 2nd person probably thought, "I can make one of those...and I can make it better"

If those small changes is stealing, then the Android phones are a complete ripoff because Apple released that touch phone with a similar OS first.

Jun 23, 2008
Gold Coast, Australia
the problem i have with it is not that apple steals/innovates ideas, but the fact that when someone else does it based on there devices they take it to the courts. i dont know anyone that would mistake a galaxy s2 for a iphone but yet apple are suing samsung. even though the majority of the major features on ios5 are 'innovated' straight from android.

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
yeah, between the high prices and the "We've innovated everything" attitude i understand why people hate Apple so much haha

I have an EVO 4G and an iPod Touch (4th gen)...android tops iOS simply because of the ability to display flash websites. i dont think my iPod has even froze on me though, my phone has done it dozens of times.