Question for midwest cats regarding MIMS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 24, 2004
Im not sure who all is a fan of MIMS or who even brought the M.I.M.S album(445,000 Sold) or last yrs GUILT album (only sold 35,000 but the single "MOVE" went GOLD). Anyways I was n NY and the Capitol A&R said RockNRollin track with Tech should have been dropped as a single, they feel that wouldve opened MIMS to a new market. I just wanted some honest KC/Midwest feedback... Its whatever I didn t work on his last album I will work on this 3rd album... I wanna get some feedback from the midwest for him when he gets back from his Dubai and Beirut shows before we hit the studio.

Sep 10, 2004
www.cdbaby.com
the track with Tech was dope... i haven't much else from him besides the move song that was on the radio and that other song he had on the radio from his first album... can't remember the name...

Jun 24, 2004
Thanks for the feedback.. I will show him these post while we are working.... I truly believe a lotta cats have written him off as a ringtone rapper he made hella cash off the ringtones money and is still able to tour internationally and do shows around the US and Canada so with that We gotta focus on which direction were gonna go in. I feel the production im doing and the Tech record has exposed him to a new crowd and bring new fans...

Jun 24, 2004
And Sawyer YES ur right RockNRollin was a WAYY better record.. Problem is Capitol are dicks when it comes to marketing urban acts period.

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
^^ yeah that was is 1st song! Big in the clubs back in '07. I understand why he got coined a ringtone rapper now. Im gonna amazon him now for album snippets.. see what his last albums is sayin.

EDIT: just listenin a nice mix there, somethin for everyone whos into urban vibes.. Recognize that Move from in the clubs.. Liked the cut with Ky-Mani Marley.. The tech one as a single i see why capitol wouldn't push it too its one for the whips .. Be My Hustla & In My Life >>>. The album as a whole ain't my cup of nestle though.