Question about The Click-Down and Dirty (SMG) and Little Bruce-XXXtra Manish

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
I came across a sealed copy of the SMG version of The Click-Down and Dirty. Was this re-issued, or how do i know its an OG without opening it?

Also, how much is Little Bruce-XXXtra Manish worth? I came up on a super cheap copy of it used. edit: fuck, i guess theres a jive version and a sick wid it version. so its possible both of these arent worth anything.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
^^yeah, i figured that. At the store today they had the jive version and the smg version. I copped the SMG version knowing it's worth quite a bit, however, what im worried about is if i copped a re-issue of the SMG version, one that came out a couple years ago. I havent opened it yet, but im guessing i might have to to find out if its OG.

edit: Basically-how do i know if have a legit SMG version (not a re-issue), and how much is the SMG version worth?

May 1, 2002
as far as the little bruce - xxxtra manish...my concepcion of the OG is the Sick Wid It Records...however, so seller on Ebay is correcting me that the Jive Records is the OG...can someone clarify this? thx

May 1, 2002
I came across a sealed copy of the SMG version of The Click-Down and Dirty. Was this re-issued, or how do i know its an OG without opening it?

Also, how much is Little Bruce-XXXtra Manish worth? I came up on a super cheap copy of it used. edit: fuck, i guess theres a jive version and a sick wid it version. so its possible both of these arent worth anything.
btw, nice pickups regardless of their OGs or re-releases pimp...

OG SMG Click Down N Dirty goes for $40+
OG SMG re-issue goes for $15+

Little Bruce - XXXtra Manish on Sick Wid It goes for $40+
Jive release goes for $20+

Nov 20, 2007
which store did you find it at dubb? i remember someone tellin me about rasputins havin hella click smg re-releases. its probably a re-release of the smg version if you bought it there.

i always thought the lil bruce xxxtra sick wid it version was the og. as far as the og swr and jive releases on tape of the lil bruce xxxtra, the swr version has green lettering on the tracklisting while the jive has just white. i always thought the swr version was the og.

i was also told that the smg tape of the click down n dirty is the og tape only release. can anyone confirm that too?

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Yeah i bought these at Rasputins in SF. They had the Jive version used, i passed on that, and bought a sealed SMG version. The more i look at it the more im thinking its the re-issue, the print on the back looks like a bad scan.

Either way, im stoked cuz the XXXtra Manish is the Sick Wid It version, its got the Rainbo barcode on the cd, and the cd itself is blue and has a dog on it, not the Jive print on it. I got it for 6 bucks!

Again, any advice about the Down and Dirty album? Im almost sure its the re-issue, will opening it ruin its value?

Jan 6, 2003
Dunno how to spot the re-release just by looking at the cover art for that down and dirty album,but if the cover looks scanned the chance of it being a rerelease is very high. the smg re-release a couple of years ago ain't hard to find at all.
Why don't you call rapbay and ask them because they've been stocking the re-release some time.

good looking on that little bruce OG.

Nov 20, 2007
yea it's probably the re-issue. it couldn't hurt it too much because it hasn't been played, and it's fresh out the wrapper in mint condition. maybe someone could post a pic. yea honestly i think as far as the lil bruce goes, that the swr version is the og release and not the other way around because if you notice wit all the earlier swr releases, b-legits first one ended up gettin re-issued on jive and didn't have the fuck and get up song and celly cel's heat 4 yo azz is the same case so i think lil bruce's xxxtra on swr was first. besides, smg / st charles had a lot to do wit all those projects until he got signed to jive, which is also the same reason why 40's mail man got re-issued too. they were all either swr or swr / smg releases.

Jan 6, 2003
i was also told that the smg tape of the click down n dirty is the og tape only release. can anyone confirm that too?
Yup, the OG down n dirty is the tape version as far as I know. There's also 18 tracks on the OG, not 16. I remember an old thread about this on this board. Joe flores had one CD that had listed 18 tracks on the cover but only had 16 on the disc. Obviously there are several versions out there.

Dope album btw

Nov 20, 2007
Yup, the OG down n dirty is the tape version as far as I know. There's also 18 tracks on the OG, not 16. I remember an old thread about this on this board. Joe flores had one CD that had listed 18 tracks on the cover but only had 16 on the disc. Obviously there are several versions out there.

Dope album btw
oh ok right on for the info. yea i own a copy of the og tape only of down n dirty. that's one tape i don't think i'd part wit for sure lol.

Jan 27, 2006
cool i got the og smg rls still sealed check scans below i paid bout $20 got it on ebay.. makes me not wanna open it now. I did see this cd in London a few years ago and regret not picking it up for £4 i recon it would of been the Jive rls tho ?

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
I think I know how to solve your problem... maybe

on my og Down & Dirty on coding on the cd says 5/17/92C along with Rainbo: The Click Down & Dirty#366-042-376A

I think your Little Bruce is og... should have 1723-2 on the cd face too.. along with the pit bull head and has the numbers 1723-2 coded underneath the cd....

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Yeah no Rainbo barcode on the Down and Dirty, instead it has this number ND30179 0951373, so it must be the repress. Also, theres no writing inside the tray card, just on the outside cover and the other outside flap.

My little bruce has the pit bull head and those numbers, good lookin.

Nov 8, 2007
I GOT A BUNCH OF THOSE OG SMG RE-ISSUES IN MY STORE FOR 10 BUCKS EACH . THE OG AS FAR AS I KNOW HAS "RAIN-BO" RING CODE. THE ONES I GOT SAY "LIKEWISEMEDIA" IN THE CENTER RING.

ALSO AS FAR AS I KNOW THE TAPE ONLY IS THE OG VERSION . IT HAS THE 18 TRACKS AND THE CD HAS 16 TRACKS , THE JIVE RELEASE ONLY HAS 11 TRACKS.

HERE'S A LINK TO THE ONE IM SELLING ON EBAY :
http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-CLICK-DOWN-...10398064931QQptZMusicQ5fCDsQQsalenotsupported