Question about Paypal Shipping Addresses?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 6, 2004
I recently sold an item to a dude in Germany and he messaged me through Ebay that he would like me to send the package to an address that is different from the Paypal shipping address. Even the name of the person for the other shipping address is completely different. Has anyone else had buyers ask them to do this? I'm just worried I might get ripped off.

Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
I've been asked...

I've been asked to do that, but I would and never will do that. I don't care if he put's it in the notes area of his payment or not. I always explain to people that "I will NOT send to any other address that is not listed/tied to the sale due to security purposes."

I repeat DO NO DO THAT, because if you do...not even a "Registered Mail" shipment will help you, because it's not the address that is tied to the eBay, nor the Pay Pal account.

Not only that, if he's using somebody else account, this means that he knows this person and he can easily get the package from him/her. That is NOT your responsibility to help him...It's your responsibility to protect yourself. If he has a problem picking it up from his friend and/or family member, then that's on him. Protect yourself! Any real friend of his or family member will get him and/or hold his package for him.

Like I said..."DON'T DO IT"!!!

I'm going to laugh at you and talk shit to you if you do it and then you get back up on here talking about how you got jerked.

Good luck my friend.

Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
P.S.

P.S. If the CD is worth some money...Make sure to send it "Registered Mail", Not Express, Not Priority, but "Registered". This way you can have this person's (Account Holder) signature as well.

Once again...Good Luck my friend.

Jul 6, 2004
Alright, thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. I agree with you Sincere, both adresses are in Germany so he obviously must know the guy who paid the money through paypal. So like you said, he could just pick it up, or have it sent to him from the other guy. The item that was won was my "L The Black Robinhood - True 2 Life" cd. I ain't havin that shit ripped off from me. Not that the guy would rip me off, but I'm not taking any chances. There's been too much of that shit going on nowadays.

Jul 6, 2004
Yeah, the guy told me he is buying the cd for a friend who doesn't have a computer or the internet, or something like that. I don't know how you can spend $200 on a cd and not have the internet.

May 26, 2008
Why can't he just send it to him when he as received it?

I never trust any of these 2nd address requests as alot seem shady to me - especially on the highly priced items. It also wouldn't surprise me if he is a new member with only a few feedback (less than 10).