PS3 could retail for $1000

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
if they sell the system for like 400 then people will buy way more systems and will have no choice but to buy games, even at 70$

Apr 25, 2002
Sony Says Work Harder For PS3

Wednesday July 6, 2005

Description
A series of recent statements by Sony's Ken Kutaragi may begin creating the impression that Microsoft's latest next-generation acquisition may be the Sony president himself. Mr. Kutaragi, not known for his charm, gave an interview to Japanese economic website Toyo Keizai where he chose to analyze his company's marketing strategy for the PS3 console.

Although it is fairly obvious that Mr. Kutaragi was targeting the Japanese consumer with his comments, the entire world cannot be anything but surprised by them. The meat of the Sony president comments can be summed up in his claim that he wants ...consumers to think to themselves ‘I will work more hours to buy one' This would more or less imply then that the higher Sony raises the price of PS3 the more special consumers will feel once they get their hands on one.

It's strange that not many other companies have adopted the Kutaragi model but maybe the solution to poverty would be to start selling PS3 to poor countries, therefore giving the incentive to each family to become wealthy; we certainly hope the G-8 are focusing their notoriously limited attention spans on this bit of news.

So you heard the man, you have just about 9 months to get of your game-grown asses and get working so that you can have the privilege of maintaining Mr. Kutaragi's lifestyle to the levels he has grown accustomed to.

Jan 2, 2004
Lemon420 said:
The one I go to (In City Heights) just started renting them out yesterday... It might be just that store...

Since when does Blockbuster charge $7.99 for a fucking game rental?
There prices there have gotten ridiculous. Movies cost like 4.20 now. You can order movies on demand for cheaper than that.

They must be losing money or some shit. I think they made a lot of money off of late fees or something. There prices have skyrocketed since late fees were taken away.

Oct 11, 2005
Just because someone says they saw it in a magazine doesn't mean it is a fact. I aint gonna believe that until I hear it from sony.

May 9, 2002
Page 9..."Pulse" is the section is under.It talkas about alot of things as well as the first Sony stand alone Blu-ray machine...

And I quote..

How,then,does Sony expect to sell a sub-$500 console with the same funtionality(BLu-ray) built in it? "It somes down to a multitude of things" says our source. "On a basic level, the PS3's CELL and RSX chips can handle most of what a stand alone Blu-ray player's various circuitry has on their own." Mostly,though,it's betting on the format."Sony really sees Blu-ray as a sure fire success. They're betting almost everything on it, and so they're going to take a pretty big loss on PS3 early on," confides a top PSM contact. "The format's massive storage capacity is awesome for devolpers, but a lot of us are still not sold on the viability of the format outside that." They added, "But,hey,who thought UMD movies would be so popular?"
Close quote...

Look...the bottom line is...Sony is NOT gonna sell this thing for anything above $500...no one could afford it!!!

Whomever wrote the original article that started this fiasco...is an idiot...plain & simple....and ANYONE...in their RIGHT MINDS...who actualy BELEIVES that this thing will sell for $1000...needs to QUIT playing video games...for the rest of their lives...

And if you REALLY think it is...lets put some money on it...

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
Oh Coy!Ocerto said:
Page 9..."Pulse" is the section is under.It talkas about alot of things as well as the first Sony stand alone Blu-ray machine...

And I quote..

Close quote...

Look...the bottom line is...Sony is NOT gonna sell this thing for anything above $500...no one could afford it!!!

Whomever wrote the original article that started this fiasco...is an idiot...plain & simple....and ANYONE...in their RIGHT MINDS...who actualy BELEIVES that this thing will sell for $1000...needs to QUIT playing video games...for the rest of their lives...

And if you REALLY think it is...lets put some money on it...
im not sayin that it will or it wont, but im just takin in the fact that its unveiling(sp) two new technologies, that the market has yet to see, and they both claim to blow the previous format of each technology out of the water, im into electronics and shit anyway, so i could personaly see it goin for 1000 for functionality alone... but it is a video game system, and they did develop the said technologies.. soooo, shit i dont know... 500, maybe 700 on the full package the first few weeks...