ps2 dvd player

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ATF

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
my ps2 will no longer play dvds...usually it plays games & cds fine but not movies...has this ever happened to anyone else???Is there anything you can do to fix it???

Apr 25, 2002
send it back to sony...a lot of the 1st and 2nd generation ps2 were fucked...if you look on the official message board hella people had disc read errors, can't play dvd's, can't play the blue bottom discs...

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation

Nov 14, 2002
Take the feet off the bottom and remove the screws. You'll be able to take the top off but you have to be very careful because there's a short ribbon connecting the power and eject buttons to the bottom half and fuckin' that up would be bad. You'll figure it out when you see it. Remove the top of the cd rom drive and use a q-tip to wipe off the lens of the laser. My piece of shit PS2 does the same thing now and then but if I do that it usually makes it perfect.

ATF

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
Man...I just got Tekken 4 from my lil buddy & I cant even play It...no scrathes what so ever and the shit says "disc read error."This shit is really gettin old...should I just clean the lens like you said for the dvd player???Is there anything else you can do If that doesnt work???I really aint trying to buy another ps2...someone please help!!!

Apr 25, 2002
I don't know, but the same exact thing happens to me homie. I can't get any DVDs to play, and it gives me disc read errors on games a lot of the time. Fuckin' piece of shit PS2.....

Nov 14, 2002
Cleaning off the lens will help... I think there's a problem with dust collecting on the inside that causes it. I just cleaned mine off the other night because I couldn't watch my Jackass dvd but it's workin' now.

And if you don't clean it, eventually it won't play anything untill you do.

Nov 14, 2002
I guess that could work... it's not too much of an issue as long as it doesn't fuck up the lens really. The manual suggests you just vacuum the vents occasionally fromt the outside.

Apr 25, 2002
I used one of those CD/DVD player cleaners with the little brush, and I've blown it out with an air compressor, and that helped it play games, but it still won't play DVDs.....

A

All Out HOGG

LOL

GUESS WE KNOW WHO SMOKES BUD

IM NOT BULLSHITTING ABOUT THIS EAITHER...THIS HAPPENED 2 MY PS2...MY COUSINS PS2 & ABOUT 5 OTHERS HOMIES PS2...

THAT SHIT GETS RESIGNATED & WONT WORK...ME & MY HOMIE BOTH BOUGHT OUR PS2'z ON THE SAME DAY...BOTH TOOK GOOD AS CARE OF EM...ONLY DIFFRENCE IS MINE WAS IN MY ROOM ONE OF THE PLACES CONSTANLY SMOKED IN & MY HOMIES WAS IN HIS FAMILYS LIVEING ROOM...A PLACE RARELY SMOKED OUT...GUESS WHOS SHIT GOTT FUCKED & WHO'S STILL WORKS FINE

Nov 14, 2002
All Out HOGG said:
LOL

GUESS WE KNOW WHO SMOKES BUD

IM NOT BULLSHITTING ABOUT THIS EAITHER...THIS HAPPENED 2 MY PS2...MY COUSINS PS2 & ABOUT 5 OTHERS HOMIES PS2...

THAT SHIT GETS RESIGNATED & WONT WORK...ME & MY HOMIE BOTH BOUGHT OUR PS2'z ON THE SAME DAY...BOTH TOOK GOOD AS CARE OF EM...ONLY DIFFRENCE IS MINE WAS IN MY ROOM ONE OF THE PLACES CONSTANLY SMOKED IN & MY HOMIES WAS IN HIS FAMILYS LIVEING ROOM...A PLACE RARELY SMOKED OUT...GUESS WHOS SHIT GOTT FUCKED & WHO'S STILL WORKS FINE
That might be one of the stupidest things I've heard on the siccness... Congratulations.

Apr 25, 2002
if you tell sony what problem you're having you can send it back and they will fix it for free, you jus pay for shipping and handling 1 way...call them

@D-Menace who that broad in the j-rich michigan state jersey...she'd get it

askG

Sicc OG
Nov 19, 2002
mine doesnt play 70% of the music cds, everythong else is cool...i got mad at nba live 2003 and was kicking it around and the fan went dead, but after some more kicks here and there, the fan got started again.

Nov 14, 2002
Clean the lens without takin' it apart? Imposible. You could blow some air into the drive I guess but that probably won't help at all and would just be a waste of compressed air that you could just have inhaled to get high.

It's not that hard... Take a screwdriver, turn left, repeat. And yes, you can contact Sony and then pay to take your time to pack up your PS2 all nice and tidy, personally take it down to the postal office, wait on line, spend 20 minutes trying to decipher the English of the guy behind the counter, then pay 15 bucks and wait two or three weeks for sony to send your PS2 back... But you probably want to just play games now instead.

I'm suprised you guys haven't just opened the shit yet. It's simple and it works fine.

Apr 25, 2002
yea it's probably better to pretend to know what you're doing, take your ps2 apart, fuck wit somethin you're not suppose to, pull something out of place, pointing your laser in the wrong direction, lose a screw or 2, and wonder why your ps2 doesn't work anymore...

ATF

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
wassup peeps

thanks for the help everyone...I had no idea this many people were having problems with the ps2.I still cant get it to play Tekken 4...Im goin have to clean It out tonight......

so I unscrew It...then what clean off the fan?Then the lens???