Prozak - Tales from the Sick

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2006
Do you even have the GP album? GP got 13 features. Prozak got 15. Since when does it matter if the feature is good to count as them as a feature? Al the features were solid on GP.
Features matter alot to me on my favorite record label when you got bad rappers like prozak and killa c on them. I cant just L.A. yet cuz i havent heard much of him. But yeah, they suck so i wouldnt buy their shit if they dont have some good features.

Oct 16, 2006
Prozak is far from a bad rapper in my opinion.. he has talent..

Features in my mind should only matter to a certain extent.. if the album is only half listenable due to the features and the main artist is lacklustre at best, thats a significant loss of people that are going to buy it because the person actually on the album is sub-par and probably would be shown up by the features if anything.. I don't know many people if any that would purchase for example a 21 track album where a possible 5-6 tracks are decent, mostly due to the collaboration.. and the focal artist is lacking..

ECF'NW.

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
Features matter alot to me on my favorite record label when you got bad rappers like prozak and killa c on them. I cant just L.A. yet cuz i havent heard much of him. But yeah, they suck so i wouldnt buy their shit if they dont have some good features.
i just started listenin to prozak and i disagree with that statement...i think he might come weak on some verses, but his overall skill level is pretty good

Jun 22, 2007
vitiligo>tales from the sick and plott thickens

i cant decide which one is better. they are both decent but both have some very good songs.

fav songs from prozak: why?, fading, run away, bodies fall, scapegoat, living in the fog and under the rain.

fav. from grave plott: Snap, G Shit, stop snitchin, buckin, street life, felony livin, midwest, killa season, in the streets and murder is tha time pt.2.

i think i might be leaning towards grave plott surprisingly. i just think the production was a little better and the features were just great. vitiligo is my favorite though out of all 3.

Feb 12, 2006
Well, I did buy project deadman and havent listened to it since the day i bought it. I'll probably buy Tales from the Sick to give him another shot but mostly to hear the features. I dont know, his voice bothers me partially sorta like Lil wayne's voice bothers me but being a bad rapper doesnt help either.

Jun 9, 2007
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

it's a decent album...

Vitiligo > Tales from the Sick a thousand times over
Tales from the Sick > The Plott Thickens 1,000,000 times over

Prozak shines most on the tracks that have features and that he's not doing the hooks on... dude just doesn't have much versatility to his voice... he can switch his flow up occasionally, but his voice is very monotonous, which means he has to make up for that in flow and content...

I gotta say that he didn't let himself get outshined by any of the features tho... even on Why he held his own with Tech & Twista...

The thing that gets me most is the fact that I know he's got lyrical talent, because he's displayed it over and over again... but he falls into this trap of simplifying his lyrics / flow on alot of tracks on here... he'll fall into that trap of simple rhymes for 6 or 7 bars, like "bleedin, perceivin, needin, believin" (which he used more than once on here) & that shit gets me since I'm big into lyrical content (and I'm a writer myself)... and on the next track he'll be spittin some dope shit and he'll have a multi-syllable pattern goin that really works... he also falls into that 6-syllable(pause)6-syllable flow pattern on more than a few tracks which is simplistic, but I can live with that...

Also, some of the production on here is really lackluster or generic-feeling, which didn't help him much.

Some really solid tracks tho... my favorites are Keep Grindin, It Was You, Why, Run Away, Bodies Fall, Fading, and Under The Rain

Overall, I'd give it a 6 out of 10

Honestly, I still haven't fully decided if I'm gonna buy it yet... if I see it cheap while I'm out I probably will..

Feb 12, 2006
An honest nicely written review from someone with a similar point of view on music. I'll probably get that shit if it's 12.99 or less when i go to best buy 2morrow

Jan 6, 2006
not a bad album. i actually copped it. im tellin ya the production saved this album as did the production on grave plotts. prozak at times i can listen to him. he does spit some good serious/political stuff. its something about the voice i gotta adjust to. some of the tracks sounded like filler which couldve been left off. not a fan of icp and some of the rock n roll tracks. the intro was sick!! the beat on "crossing over" is damn, shouldve been longer with a beat like that.

overall: i give it a 3.5 outta 5.
albumwise: grave plott>>>prozak just by a couple inches.
vitiligo>>prozak
productionwise: grave plott>prozak>krizz kaliko
content/lyrics: krizz kaliko>prozak>grave plott

Apr 10, 2008
I agree about that crossing over song. it was my favorite beat. His voice doesnt bother me at all, its an aquired taste i think. Prozak has become one of my favorite artists, and after watching the dvd- i would say he has more over all talent then anyone on strange. notice i said talent...techn9ne smokes dude in rapping, but then again tech smoke EVERYBODY:knockout:

Jun 9, 2007
he has more over all talent then anyone on strange. notice i said talent...techn9ne smokes dude in rapping, but then again tech smoke EVERYBODY:knockout:
so what is so monumentally impressive on this DVD that would make you say Prozak has more overall talent than Tech???? I haven't seen the DVD so I'd like to know. :confused: