Private student loans

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 9, 2007
Seattle
Just enrolled in UoP and got the pell grant plus student loans to pay for it. Didnt know I would only get about 900 bacc after tuition. When talking to my financial advisor (from the school) I asked if there was any other loans I could get so I could have more money to live on and he said only personal loans and such. I dont have the greatest credit because when I was younger my parents put bills in my name and didnt pay them. I also dont have a willing co signer. Anyone know of a bad credit type of private loan? When I signed up for school I figured I would get a nice checc after tuition for cost of living just like my homie at the community college gets. With UoP thats not the case because of how expensive it is (something I should have researched before signing up). Now im in school and still trying to figure out a way to pay for life. Any suggestions?

Jan 9, 2007
Seattle
Shit bruh a job on the weekend aint gonna cut it...Im just gonna have to find fulltime work and continue to hustle my ass off...Really kinda wishing I woulda just went to community college tho.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Dude, you need to work. I work like 50 hours a week and support my girl and kid while taking classes. Nothing will be easy. Unless you are rich you should be a working adult while going to school.

Jan 9, 2007
Seattle
I probably could cancel my loan. But I want to stay in school. Honestly im just being lazy and dont want to work. But its time to step up as an adult and get a fuccin job and take care of myself.

Feb 22, 2006
It's hard as fuck. But that's the "system". Trying to keep us down or make it as hard as possible. Keep up the work. Basically with bad credit and this economic environment, ur only solution is to work and go to school.

Good luck

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
a degree @ UOP is over priced, getting your pre-reqs at CC, and then transfer to a UC, State or any where will be cheaper, and the degree is worth more and the networks you make will stretch longer.

waiting for the UOP mob to lynch me

and I had to work fulltime, and support a fam while going to school. Don't do personal loans

Jan 9, 2007
Seattle
Yea I guess im just gonna have to get a full time job and bust my ass. I pretty much knew that was the case. But like I said I was hoping for a nice checc from the college and a part time job. I honestly think I should have just went to a CC but fucc it....

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
that school loan shit will have you in they pocket for YEARS to come after you graduatte with intrest fucking you too sometimes. the whole loan thing rapes your life during and after school. tough it out and try and get grants or finiancial aid or work

Apr 19, 2008
obama passed a bill a few days after the health reform sayin somethin about 10% on loans is the cap for graduates to be charged.

atleast, i got an email stating that. not just a random ass email, the one where it is part of obamas campaign.

May 11, 2002
obama passed a bill a few days after the health reform sayin somethin about 10% on loans is the cap for graduates to be charged.

atleast, i got an email stating that. not just a random ass email, the one where it is part of obamas campaign.
yeah but thats not going to kick in till 2014.

Jan 9, 2007
Seattle
that school loan shit will have you in they pocket for YEARS to come after you graduatte with intrest fucking you too sometimes. the whole loan thing rapes your life during and after school. tough it out and try and get grants or finiancial aid or work
Keep in mind I already had to take out a loan just to pay for tuition...UoP is a very expensive school...not really sure why tho lol...I guess cuz im doin it onlne.

Apr 24, 2008
honestly sweety you should just dis-enroll and go to community college. Unless you get a student loan, have a few scholarships, and work your ass off, then its gonna be really difficult to pay for your education. UoP is a good school from what I hear, but you are gonna PAY for that quick degree. All those private and vocational schools (ITT tech, Devry, Heald) are all like that.

St least with community college your classes are free. Your patna got lucky gettin a fat financial aid check, but that happens all the time and the students unfortunately just drop out once the check is spent. You can't expect something for nothin these days. But good luck

Mac Missy 916