PRIDE VS UFC

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Im the only one that will say give Tim Sylvia 3-4 months to prepare for Fedor and he will come out the winner. Tims height will become a great factor coming into this matchup. Fedor is an awesome fighter, one of my personal heavyweights favorites, but seeing as how he fought Mirko Crocop, Tim will fight the same way as he did with his 3rd fight against Arlovski.

I like Henderson style and i think he could pull out a win against Rich Franklin.

Feed BJ Penn against Nomi one more time.

Sep 25, 2005
BigE916WRM said:
Pride in the US will not be as exciting, but for a fighter like Fedor it plays into his style even more with the elbows. The one guy it really holds back is Wanderlai with the foot stomps and soccer kicks.
agreed

Feb 7, 2006
PsyDaL said:
Im the only one that will say give Tim Sylvia 3-4 months to prepare for Fedor and he will come out the winner. Tims height will become a great factor coming into this matchup. Fedor is an awesome fighter, one of my personal heavyweights favorites, but seeing as how he fought Mirko Crocop, Tim will fight the same way as he did with his 3rd fight against Arlovski.

I like Henderson style and i think he could pull out a win against Rich Franklin.

Feed BJ Penn against Nomi one more time.
I completely disagree fedor has fought a fighter who is not only a better striker then tim slyvia but is 6'11...that fighter is semmy schilt who is current 2005 k-1 gp champ...most of the fighters he has fought in pride have been taller than him..so tim slyvias hieght is not a factor at all.

Feb 7, 2006
LA Dodgers said:
niether is anderson silva. silva a a slightly above average Pride fighter
first off what belt has leban ever wore...second anderson is not a pride fighter any more...prior to his ufc debut he has been fighting in cage rage a u.k. mma organization as there middle weight champion......even before he fought in pride he was champion in shooto defeating a very good fighter in hayato sakarai for the belt.....as for him being slightly above average..I SAY NO...anderson is the real deal and constantly improves.... hell lebans not even ranked on mma top ten but anderson is

Apr 25, 2002
Schilt is a decent fighter but lets consider this since you pulled the name out of the hat. They both fought Gan Mcgee and won. Tim KO'd Gan Schilt subbed him. I wouldnt take Semmy lightly cause he is a world class fighter and will be a great fight but Tim will edge out the victory. Tim is on top of his game right now so I wouldnt count him out just yet. You have extensive knowledge in Pride, its also a matter where they fight cause of the different rules of both organizations its a pick n choose. I agree with you on anderson silva. Hes still unknown to most. Ive been following his career for quite sometime. Cage rage gets most of the past pride and ufc fighters to compete for their promotion and those that are on losing streaks fight in UK to pick up some quick wins and get them back on track. Shooto has been around for many moons hayato sakurai is a legend in japan but when he came to the US he fought a hard fight against Matt hughes but he purely got outclassed in the octogon....

I still think Pride has the best fighters in the world but its a whole different animal pitting them in the Octogon....

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
I THINK FEDOR KILLS SYLVIA. FEDOR IS THE SMARTEST FIGHTER OUT THERE I BET HE KNOCKS OUT TIM BUT BEFORE THE KO (TAKE NOTE CROCOP VS FEDOR ROUND 2). HE WORKS TIM'S BODY WITH BODY BLOWS AND BODY KICKS. THEN SETS IT UP WITH THAT MEAN ASS HAYMAKER. IF YOUR GOING BY WHAT SYLVIA DID AGAINST ARLOVSKI IN THERE THIRD FIGHT THEN IT'S A DONE DEAL. SYLVIA HAS SOME OF THE MOST AWFUL HANDS IN THE GAME. HE HAS KO POWER BUT ONLY THREE DIFFRENT PUNCHES. A JAB, A CROSS, AND A WEAK ASS LEAD LEFT HOOK.ONCE FEDOR LEARNS THE ANGLES HE WILL BE ON HIM. HIS CASTING STYLE OF PUNCHING WILL CONFUSE THE SHIT OUT OF TIM BECAUSE IT'S RARE HERE IN THE STATES. AND IN THE CLINCH FEDOR WILL OWN HIM. SAMBO 101 ALL DAY.

Feb 7, 2006
PsyDaL said:
Schilt is a decent fighter but lets consider this since you pulled the name out of the hat. They both fought Gan Mcgee and won. Tim KO'd Gan Schilt subbed him. I wouldnt take Semmy lightly cause he is a world class fighter and will be a great fight but Tim will edge out the victory. Tim is on top of his game right now so I wouldnt count him out just yet. You have extensive knowledge in Pride, its also a matter where they fight cause of the different rules of both organizations its a pick n choose. I agree with you on anderson silva. Hes still unknown to most. Ive been following his career for quite sometime. Cage rage gets most of the past pride and ufc fighters to compete for their promotion and those that are on losing streaks fight in UK to pick up some quick wins and get them back on track. Shooto has been around for many moons hayato sakurai is a legend in japan but when he came to the US he fought a hard fight against Matt hughes but he purely got outclassed in the octogon....

I still think Pride has the best fighters in the world but its a whole different animal pitting them in the Octogon....
If Tims sylvia fought against semmy schilt he would have to take semmy dowm cuz standing up with semmy would not be wise at all cuz Tim is not a elite striker like semmy

Apr 25, 2002
I hear what ya'll saying but you guys are taking Tim too lightly. I aint saying hes the greatest fighter in the world, but he damn has one of the greatest training camps. Nice sarcasm stomper, yea coming into a fight sick with the runs and a high fever and still wanting to fight, what could you expect??, hahah Jerome le banner has one too many kicks to the dome, he aint a factor at all, hes just looking for a losers paycheck, hes french expect a shittalker to talk out his ass. He would get owned something crucial in the octogon. K1 just started their heros setup and most fighters in k1 are relatively unknown with submission skills. When the fight gets set up and both parties sign, then they train to fight that particular person it not like hes going to go fight unprepared. It could be anyones fight nothing more nothing less. Its one advantage in prides rules and anothers in the octogon. Again we will never know unless they actually fight.... Pride is stacked with heavyweights, and lightheavyweights and they fluctuate into the middleweights.
UFC has a stacked welterweight and lightweight division. Me personally Im more interested in the lighter divisions cause its more exciting and the only reason why I buy Pride and UFC PPV cards....