PRIDE VS UFC

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
ON MMA WEEKLY THEY HAD AN ARTICLE THAT SAID THE CEO FROM PRIDE IS SENDING A BUNCH OF FIGHTERS FROM PRIDE TO THE UFC TO TAKE OVER ALL THERE BELTS. IMO I THINK PRIDE WOULD OWN THE MAJORITY OF FOOLS FROM THE UFC. BUT I THINK A FEW FIGHTERS FROM THE UFC WOULD KEEP THERE BELTS.MY DREAM MATCHES GO DOWN LIKE THIS.
FEDOR VS SYLVIA= FEDOR BY SECOND ROUND KO
MATT HUGHES VS GOMI= I SAY MATT HUGHES WOULD WIN BY THE THIRD ROUND BY SUBMISSION BUT GOMI WOULD DEFINITLEY TAKE HIM STANDING UP.
DAN HENDERSON VS RICH FRANKLIN= I TAKE FRANKLIN BY TKO IN THE THIRD. HENDERSON CAN HIT AND WRESTLE BUT FRANKLIN'S STAND UP IS SHARP.
IF VANDERLEI VS CHUCK DONT HAPPEN I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SHOGUN VS CHUCK= THIS EARLY IN SHOGUNS CAREER I THINK CHUCK WOULD KNOCK HIM OUT BUT SHOGUN WOULD DEFINITELY GIVE HIM A FIGHT.
THERE'S A SHITLOAD OF OTHER MATCH UPS I'D LIKE TO SEE BUT TOO MANY POSSIBILITES WHAT'S YOUR CALL?

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
From the stuff i've seen I like Pride more but i never know when its on TV. That shit is mainey, dude get their wigs split in like every match in pride

Jul 24, 2005
mane I doubt that shit will ever happen it too much bullshit going on with pride & I have a feeling we will never see a fighter from pride in a ufc cage.

Dec 3, 2005
i enjoy watchin the UFC more but i think the fighters in pride overall and generally are better than UFC. it should be interesting though, im hopin chuck beats babalu and i think silva will get in his ass after that

May 12, 2002
Dana WHite's newest interview leads to the direction that the fight with Wand might not happen. This isint the first time this has been talked about, and so far only the UFC has sent fighters to Pride. If their show in October is a huge success, I can see them never allowing a Pride fighter in the UFC and try to push them out, on the other hand if it does not come of so well, they can send over some Pride fighters to boost the popularity. It still amazes me how many people have not seen Pride fights.

May 14, 2006
i be watchen pride on tha late night.dem boys be in there doin it though.i think pride can get on ufc on tha reals dough.dont really know any of dey names,but i seen this 1 boy make ken shamrock tell his corner tah throw in tha towal in tha first round.

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
PRIDE FIGHTING IS THE SHIT. SOCCER KICKS TO THE DOME, MONKEY STOMPS, AND KNEES TO THE CRANIUM. THAT SHIT IS WAY MORE RUTHLESS THAN UFC.

May 12, 2002
Pride in the US will not be as exciting, but for a fighter like Fedor it plays into his style even more with the elbows. The one guy it really holds back is Wanderlai with the foot stomps and soccer kicks.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Pride > UFC

It's not even close. UFC is cool and has some great fighters but Pride is on a whole different level.

Fedor Emelianenko would beat the living shit out of Sylvia. No one is fucking with Fedor right now...no one.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
I'd say Pride is more famous beyond the USA. That's like saying just because Nick Cannon is a famous rapper he is better than any underground artist....not true at all. Pride over UFC any day.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
realmobfather said:
If Pride is so much better..

Why is it a lot less famous?

King of the Cage, Pride, etc their all on the same level.

UFC is the king of MMA.
It's not from the US that's why it's a lot less famous...here. It's a lot more famous than UFC everywhere else in the world. You do know the world doesn't revolve around the US right?

PRIDE or PRIDE Fighting Championships is a major mixed martial arts organization based in Japan. It is currently promoted by Dream Stage Entertainment (DSE). Its inaugural event was held at the Tokyo Dome on October 11, 1997, promoted by Kakutougi Revolution Spirits (KRS).[1] It is the most popular MMA organization in the world based on the number of event attendees: the PRIDE Final Conflict 2003 event had over 67,000 people in the audience. The audience record is 91,107 people on the PRIDE and K-1 co-production Shockwave/Dynamite, held in August 2002.
Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride_fighting

May 6, 2002
UFC owns the 170 division. Gomi is the only one with hope, and he is capable of taking anyone at 170 on the right day.

Pride owns the rest.
Franklin vs Henderson is the only controversial fight at middle, of which I would still lean towards Henderson on that one.

Overall, Pride has the better arsenal. UFC would be lucky to come out with a draw.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
UFC is just marketed better and is in the united states, All the Pride fights are in Japan aren't they?

Pride is brutal but alot of those Pride guys end up getting served in the UFC cuz they can't do certain things in the octogon that you can do in a pride ring

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
NOT TRUE HOMIE ALOT OF THESE FIGHTERS HAVE FOUGHT IN ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE CAGES. MATTER OF FACT WHEN ANDERSON SILVA WENT TO THE UFC AFTER SPENDING A FEW YEARS IN PRIDE. EVERYONE SAID CHRIS LEBEN WAS GONNA USE THE CAGE TO HIS ADVANTAGE. DAMN SILVA SERVED LEBEN IN LIKE TWENTY SECONDS. WHAT THE FUNNIEST SHIT IS, IN THE PRE-FIGHT INTERVIEW HE SAID SOMETHING LIKE" ANDERSON HAS SPENT MOST OF HIS TIME IN JAPAN FIGHTING, WHERE THE GUYS OVER THERE ARE EASIER TO BEAT". TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT ANDERSON MADE IT LOOK LIKE THE UFC'S FIGHTERS ARE EASIER TO BEAT.