Preseason Week 2 Raiders Vs Niners

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
you just sound like a little baby child just a bright eyed ball of wonderment learning about life in the urban jungle and the ghetto and what not and so forth

I mean just the idea that your gonna make a statement that most of oakland is wheely ghetto and stuff and some how there is a correlation between that and ticket sales to sports teams with followings around the world...i dunno.....i think you should check the number of cards in your deck on that one, thats just me tho
first of all, you don't know me... so don't pretend like you do

I'm saying lower income communities = less disposable income

it's pretty simple... you don't have to be from the hood to understand that

and of you go back and read my original post I stated other factors as to why I believe we have low ticket sales... including the fact that we lost Bay Area fans when the team moved to LA

you, however, chose to focus in on one of the points I was making and failed to acknowledge the rest of my post

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
The reason that SF consistently sells out is because their Marketing Dept. sells sets of season tickets cheap to locals tech companies and businesses, PERIOD. That's why you see "sold out" niner games on TV when there are actually hella empty seats. Most of those tickets never even get used.

Oakland is a city in a much worse socio-economic condition than SF, PERIOD, but that's a whole other issue.

The whole blackout argument that niner fans spew is total bullshit, and any fan who knows a thing or two about NFL Marketing will confirm this. You guys don't have a more comitted fanbase, just a more cut-throat Marketing Org.
BINGO!

Another point I made that nobody failed to acknowledge

I know people who always get free Niners tickets through their company, etc... my parents go to Niners games every year with their friends for free because some guy they know always gets free tickets from his job

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
aye bro its all good n nothin personal of course im just a screen name on the internets im just givin u shit, i just do it for the 9ers
it's good, you're just comin at me like I'm trying to act like I'm cool because my team is from Oakland... I'm not even on some Raiders vs. Niners trash talking bullshit in this little debate.... I'm really just trying to engage in some at least half-way intelligent respectful conversation on a topic that was brought up

fuck it though...

Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com
It doesn't matter who wins or loses. I just hope all the players give it their all and the fans in the stands show good sportsmanship!

that and some good old fashion drunk messican fights in the stands. If you don't enjoy those your not a true Bay Area football fan

Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com
heres a thought on why the Raiders dont sell tickets... they've been one of the worst teams in the league for the last fuckin 10 years? that added to a fucked organization, terrible stadium, recession and playing in a city whose residents have no disposable income = 24k season ticket holder base last season. Im one of them. Love the Raiders fuck your team

Sep 24, 2006
id be a season ticket holder and go to every game if i lived out west. but i gotta settle for going to the oakland buffalo game. picked up my ticket today got 35-40 yard line behind the visitors (raiders) bench about 18 rows back. picked it up for 95 bucks

Jan 18, 2006
Yall act like the Raiders passing game was even mediocre last year. We was winning cuz of Mcfadden. Campbell literally had no reliabe every down receivers.

Dec 2, 2006
lol @ betting on a preseason game
I am talking end result. I already got $200 riding on our playoff birth this year. If you think I am betting on a preseason game you got me fucked up. I'm slapping a $100 down in Vegas we make it to the Superbowl. Call it what you want, when we start smashing and fools get on the wagon, remember who the fuck told yall.