PRAY FOR HONDO!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.mir-store.com
Prayers to you folks...can't tell you how many times I was in the same situation by just trying to give up and comers a chance to perform at venues that I had set up, just to have their bitch crews decide that mc nobody had too much time on stage, their guy didn't and now I'm the asshole...remember this the next time you complain that no one wants to support local rap, this is the thanks guys like Hondo get...

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Prayers to you folks...can't tell you how many times I was in the same situation by just trying to give up and comers a chance to perform at venues that I had set up, just to have their bitch crews decide that mc nobody had too much time on stage, their guy didn't and now I'm the asshole...remember this the next time you complain that no one wants to support local rap, this is the thanks guys like Hondo get...

been there countless times

i don't know how many shows i've done and let people perform at and people are either begging to get on, or if they do get on they feel like they didn't get long enough and either they or people from their crew wanna follow you around all night begging for more time, i've been argued with and even offered money to give people more time

but you're right Gabe the appreciation is not there,

but that doesn't mean everybody cuz there are some good solid humble artists out there

Apr 4, 2004
HONDO YOU IN MY PRAYERS MY NIG, CANT IMAGINE WHAT YOU AND YA FAM GOIN THRU... BUT KEEP FIGHTIN MY NIGGA! LIKE DUBB AND CNI SAID THIS SHIT REALLY HITS HOME. I FUX WIT THE HOMIE REAL TUFF. I GOTTA GET UP THERE AND VISIT YOU FAM, CNI KEEP ME POSTED MY DUDE ON WHEN THE VISITS AINT RESTRICTED TO JUST FAMILY NO MORE

Mar 10, 2006
Here's from the News and Review:

Stage fright
Sacramento emcee loses leg in Rancho Cordova nightclub shooting

By Josh Fernandez
[email protected]
More stories by this author...
Find out how to donate to Hondo’s recovery fund at www.myspace.com/hondogreen.

A fight broke out, a gun went off and a well-known Sacramento rapper was shot in the leg.

The incident happened on Friday, February 20, at Silk II nightclub in Rancho Cordova around midnight. According to witnesses, 30-year-old rapper and promoter Hondo Green was performing onstage when an altercation erupted in the audience between two females. Green stopped his set, jumped off the stage and tried to break up the fight by grabbing one of the girls and ushering her out the front door. After a brief struggle, a group of unidentified men attacked the rapper.

Seconds later, a gunshot went off and panic ensued. Before the police could arrive, friends put the rapper in a car and sped him off to a local hospital.

A day later, Green’s leg was amputated.

Green’s wife, Dana Green, was at the club the night of the incident and said the shooting was senseless and not gang-related; her husband was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Fellow rapper and Everyday Fight for Unity promoter E-Moe was also at the club. “The environment [at these shows] is respecting hip-hop. This night, some niggas came and they didn’t want to let it be that simple. Some females started fighting inside the club. … Hondo jumped off the stage and did the security thing. He grabbed one girl, somebody else grabbed the other girl. … Once they got outside, I can’t speculate on what happened.”

According to Sgt. Tim Curran of the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department, officers received a call at about 12:15 a.m. regarding a shooting at the club. When police arrived, friends already had transported Green to the UC Davis Medical Center. Witnesses didn’t want to talk.

“We stopped a number of people, but nobody was detained,” Curran explains. “Not much cooperation; nobody saw or heard anything.”

Silk II, a club that’s opened its doors to hip-hop, even when other venues seemed to shy away from the genre, is now permanently shut down because of the shooting. According to Sgt. Curran, this is the first time in the past six months that the police responded to a call at the venue.

According to his wife, Green was “born and raised in Chicago’s worst projects.” When he came to Sacramento at the age of 18 with his two kids, all he wanted to do was to focus on music.

But trouble seems to follow the aspiring rapper.

In October 2007, while trying to sell his latest CD at AM/PM on 16th Street downtown, two men harassed him about gang affiliation. Sensing trouble, Green offered the men a free CD. Instead of accepting the gift, one of the men stabbed Green 22 times.

“Sacramento’s crazy,” Dana says. In fact, the city’s reputation for violence led her and her husband to start Everyday Fight for Unity, a promotion company that seeks to unite the city’s artists and decrease violence through hip-hop.

“We try to bring unity,” she says. “We try to bring different people together to form something beautiful.”

LINK

Feb 28, 2008
THANKYOU! KEEP THE PRAYERS COMING!

Hi this is Hondos Wife Dana! I want to start off by saying thankyou to CNI not only are you a friend but FAM! I love what you wrote about HONDO! So THANKYOU! Second thankyou to all HONDO'S friends (you know who you are)for showing so much love PRAYER its definitly helping!
Second, I want to talk to all you artists out there. Remember, my man was not only a ARTIST but a PROMOTER as well!!! He just like other promoters take allot of time out from there familys to put these shows together to help promote you! So remember when you come out with all your friends (HOMIES) to let them know help support the shows and keep them in check! Allot of time all we get is BULLSHIT! At the door half the time from everyone that is with you that wants in for FREE or your female that wants in!! Which 10 out of 10 times your female will always be in FREE! My husband use to take allot of his time out from our five kids to help promote local artists and really showcase them. ALL he ever asked in return is KEEP UNITY in the buildings!! The night of Feb 20th started off by being a good night! Everyone having a good time and networking! After midnight thats when everything went wrong the UNITY that we have people started to take away. Always, some f#cken gang sh#t! Next thing you know all I saw was people rushing out the front door (fight broke out inside between 2 chicks that my husband helped break up inside)! The bullsh&t went outside and the fight continued security just stood scared when HONDO came to the door and saw what was going on outside he went out to break it up (UNITY)! As he went out I went in to get more help to break it up by the time I came back to the door (40 Seconds maybe) there was HONDO standing at the door to say he had been Hit (SHOT)! Why!!!! This is now the question!!! What would make you pull out a gun to someone that helps bring UNITY and take that away! I now see my husband in ICU with breathing tube and cant talk to much! Now, waiting for him to fully wake up and ASK me where is my LEG! Why!!! Cant I even go out to eat with my family and have so much hate to see people just being happy with the couple thing!!! WHY!!!Do I have to go home to our kids and act like everything will be back to normal when I dont know what normal is NO MORE! Why!!! My 3year old asks me when is my daddy coming back!!! It seems to amaze me how at least 30 to 40 people can be out in front but no one seen what happen!!! Just remember if you happen to be one of the ones that seen what happen and you act like you didnt!!! GOD will allow you to see the IMAGE in your face everyday when you wake up and go to bed if HONDO and know he was not only a artist and promoter but a father of five and a wonderful Husband!!!! So I hope it eats you up inside!!! Just remember, if it was your friend, husband, brother, son so on!!! What would you want!!!! My man faced DEATH before and then buillt EFFU (Everyday Fight For Unity) Now twice!!!GOD only has BIG things intended for my SUPERMAN!! I know that some artists/promoters think that everything should stop because what happened to HONDO!!!! But we have to do the opposite and KEEP THIS MOVEMENT MOVING!!!! Artists let this be a wake up call and help us KEEP UNITY at all shows!!!! Tell the people that keep bullshit with them their not welcome to these shows!!! Be safe!!!

Much Love and Respect for those of you that continue to pray for HONDO and Support the EFFU MOVEMENT!!!! Because Everyday Fight For Unity is all of us!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Dana

Nov 7, 2006
Hi this is Hondos Wife Dana! I want to start off by saying thankyou to CNI not only are you a friend but FAM! I love what you wrote about HONDO! So THANKYOU! Second thankyou to all HONDO'S friends (you know who you are)for showing so much love PRAYER its definitly helping!
Second, I want to talk to all you artists out there. Remember, my man was not only a ARTIST but a PROMOTER as well!!! He just like other promoters take allot of time out from there familys to put these shows together to help promote you! So remember when you come out with all your friends (HOMIES) to let them know help support the shows and keep them in check! Allot of time all we get is BULLSHIT! At the door half the time from everyone that is with you that wants in for FREE or your female that wants in!! Which 10 out of 10 times your female will always be in FREE! My husband use to take allot of his time out from our five kids to help promote local artists and really showcase them. ALL he ever asked in return is KEEP UNITY in the buildings!! The night of Feb 20th started off by being a good night! Everyone having a good time and networking! After midnight thats when everything went wrong the UNITY that we have people started to take away. Always, some f#cken gang sh#t! Next thing you know all I saw was people rushing out the front door (fight broke out inside between 2 chicks that my husband helped break up inside)! The bullsh&t went outside and the fight continued security just stood scared when HONDO came to the door and saw what was going on outside he went out to break it up (UNITY)! As he went out I went in to get more help to break it up by the time I came back to the door (40 Seconds maybe) there was HONDO standing at the door to say he had been Hit (SHOT)! Why!!!! This is now the question!!! What would make you pull out a gun to someone that helps bring UNITY and take that away! I now see my husband in ICU with breathing tube and cant talk to much! Now, waiting for him to fully wake up and ASK me where is my LEG! Why!!! Cant I even go out to eat with my family and have so much hate to see people just being happy with the couple thing!!! WHY!!!Do I have to go home to our kids and act like everything will be back to normal when I dont know what normal is NO MORE! Why!!! My 3year old asks me when is my daddy coming back!!! It seems to amaze me how at least 30 to 40 people can be out in front but no one seen what happen!!! Just remember if you happen to be one of the ones that seen what happen and you act like you didnt!!! GOD will allow you to see the IMAGE in your face everyday when you wake up and go to bed if HONDO and know he was not only a artist and promoter but a father of five and a wonderful Husband!!!! So I hope it eats you up inside!!! Just remember, if it was your friend, husband, brother, son so on!!! What would you want!!!! My man faced DEATH before and then buillt EFFU (Everyday Fight For Unity) Now twice!!!GOD only has BIG things intended for my SUPERMAN!! I know that some artists/promoters think that everything should stop because what happened to HONDO!!!! But we have to do the opposite and KEEP THIS MOVEMENT MOVING!!!! Artists let this be a wake up call and help us KEEP UNITY at all shows!!!! Tell the people that keep bullshit with them their not welcome to these shows!!! Be safe!!!

Much Love and Respect for those of you that continue to pray for HONDO and Support the EFFU MOVEMENT!!!! Because Everyday Fight For Unity is all of us!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Dana
Hey girl,
Thanks for posting this. I am sure it means a lot to us out here. It also shows how strong of a woman you are!!
I will call u later!!

Get well soon HONDO!

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
Thanks Dana.

You and Hondo are great people, and I'm in awe of your stregnth.

God Bless you and your Family.

Please let Hondo know that we love and appreciate all he has done for us, and if there is anything we can do as a community, please let us know.

Jul 29, 2008
ya know what....this shit is what is holding bacc us sacramento artists cuz we cant even perform in our own town cuz people cant put colors and bullshit aside....im after this money and nothing else and it amazes me what some of these muthfuccas are willing do to ruin shit for everyone......!!!!Ima keep homie in my prayers tho and heres to this bein the last incident of its kind...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
yeah I got footage and picks from his first performance since his recovery. He came to Young Dru's Block Star Party and did the damn thang. It meant alot to see him come out and show niggas that the grind is live and he refuses to let what happen to him put a black eye on Sac Hip Hop