PRAY FOR HONDO!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

CNI

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2007
I would like to ask all of those who follow and support the Sacramento underground to please take some time to pray for one of my business associates and friends, Hondo. For those who don`t know who he is, he has been trying to, almost single-handedly, push and support our underground scene by setting up various shows and offering an avenue for artists to perform and network. I have personally worked with this man on numerous occasions and have the highest of respect for him as a person, and a businessman. He is a father and a passionate individual extremely dedicated to seeing Sacramento rise on a larger scale. He doesn`t involve himself in the gang life that has affected so many on our streets. He is about his business and music.

Unfortunately lastnight, there were four individuals who felt compelled to act cowardly, or should I say in their eyes, "gangsta", as they proceeded to jump him, and as if that wasn`t enough satisfaction, they decided to fire off two shots at close range. Right now as I am posting this, he is laying in a hospital bed fighting for his life because of the gun fire.

This whole incident started by Hondo trying to do what he does, and keep the peace. If order can be maintained, he can continue to provide venues and book shows, which are all important for artists in this game. Apparently there are some cats still too ignorant to understand that aspect. It is going to be incidents such as this that will continue to burden Sacramento area artists trying to actually hustle in this music game. It is already difficult to book a hip/hop-rap show in the area as it is because of these types of problems that club owners do not want to deal with. It doesn`t matter how many Hondos, E-Moes, C-Dubbs, or Flossalinis there are out here trying to give the rest of us a shot to perform and build a fanbase. All it takes is one dumbass to ruin it all and tear down a movement that so many try to help create.

How ironic, and unfortunate that it has to be the same man that built E.F.F.U. Promotions ( Everyday Fight For Unity) that is laying in a hospital bed fighting for his own life, after trying to fight for our unity. It`s a damn shame and another black eye to the face of the Sacramento underground movement.

If you found the time to read all of this, I`m sure you can find a few extra moments of your time to say a little prayer for Hondo, his wife and their children and his family. If it was the other way around, we all know he would do it for us.

God Bless you Hondo, and may the lord give you the strength and endurance to fight the fight you are facing right now. May he bless your wife with the strength she will need to be by your side and see you through all of this, while trying her best to maintain a household. I love you bro and I`m right by your side. Until you`re back home with your wife and kids,
E.F.F.U. (Everyday Fight For U!)

Nov 14, 2005
www.Siccness.Net
Damn this is fucced up. This is why it is so hard in rap music. People like the people that shot your friend Hondo ruin it for everyone. It is the same reason that I really don't be going to concerts and clubs. Niggaz always gotta act like they have something to prove when it's just not that serious.
I hope that he pulls through and his family will be okay.

CNI

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2007
i been praying since last night..i called my moms and asked her to say a prayer with me today as well...hondo and his fam continue to stay in our prayers
Dubb, I know how you feel. This hits too close to home for us. That very well could of been either one of us. Much love fam. Sure I`ll see you within the next few days. Until then, we have to keep them in our prayers. They need us right now, and we can`t let them down.

CNI

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2007
Damn this is fucced up. This is why it is so hard in rap music. People like the people that shot your friend Hondo ruin it for everyone. It is the same reason that I really don't be going to concerts and clubs. Niggaz always gotta act like they have something to prove when it's just not that serious.
I hope that he pulls through and his family will be okay.
Cats just don`t understand or care how their actions effect us all. Not only does it shut down venues and stop shows, just like you posted how you don`t really step out to functions, even if we throw them, it`s hard to pack a club and make our bread.

Instead of gun restriction laws, I wish the law required us to carry. I`d like to see how many people would balls up to fire knowing everyone had something off in the tuck. This is flat out ridiculous.

Nov 14, 2005
www.Siccness.Net
No doubt. I mean people take the entertainment to the next level. A level that it shouldn't go too. I mean when I go to rocc concerts it is all love. Everybody is just chill and out to have a good time. That's the vibe we need to inject in rap concerts. Niggaz need to just put that bullshit away when they go to shows and clubs and have fun. There is always going to be time for that street shit but when you are at a show. Come fuccing on.

Jan 31, 2006
i dont kno dood or even live out there, but seem like he was tryna do somethin big. hataz everywhere tho always tryna stop what the next man doin. all these so called men act more like little bychez than bein gangsta. i mean come on....... 4 doods had to jump one man and still shoot him? is hondo that big? or iz them 4 that scary?

i love sac rap tho, so i will keep hondo an his fam in my thoughts an prayers. i kno i cant pray for this, but i hope them doods get whats comin. turf justice for the lame.

Jul 29, 2008
I'll keep him in my prayers. anyone that helps promote the underground and also helps try to change a situation for people that are tryna do better thru muzik is good in my book.

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
from the perspective of someone who has planned and put on many many shows and who is in the industry in general, my prayers go out to him

you never plan or want something bad to happen, but at rap shows stuff can jump off at any second

CNI

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2007
On my way back to the hospital. Hopefully I can comment back later with good news. Keep praying for the homie, the fight is far from being over.