Portfolio

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 17, 2007
I had to put together a portfolio real quick for a job interview this morning. So I stayed up all night last night to get this printed out and put together a proper resume. Anyway, I ended up gettin' the job. It's a local graphic design and print shop a few blocks from the crib, so it's all good. Anyway, nothing too special, but figured I'd post it up. I'll try and post some of the work that's in it in a day or two.

C

CcytzO_Loc

yeah i got a job wit Fast Signs like that....i didnt even finish graphic school and they wanted someone who went but i bullshitted about takin a leave or some shit and showed em i knew wtf i was doin wit illustrator and photoshop so they hired me....

Mar 17, 2007
yeah...i went to school but left cause the school wasnt shit...but i showed him i knew what i was doin so they hired me.

Mar 17, 2007
yeah...it will be..but depending on the company and job, some people dont care about schooling...if your portfolio is good, they'll just give you a project to do right then and there and prove ya self....thats what happened with my interview

Jan 2, 2003
Damn.... I'd hire you after just seein that cover page... congrats on the job mayne...

E.MAN said:
yeah...i went to school but left cause the school wasnt shit...QUOTE]
Same with me...I didn't learn shit at school either ....

Couldn't afford an art school.....maybe that was my problem

Mar 17, 2007
yeah....well i had 7 different teachers the first 2 months, and then to top that, they figured out i knew more shit than the teachers, so they were tryin to get me to teach the class...i told em to kiss my ass, i wasnt doin shit unless they gave me back my money as payment for teaching...guess what their response was..... "sorry sir, we can't do that" so i said "sorry then, u aint gettin no more of my money for this sorry ass school" and i left

now im payin back $26.50 a month for 4 years to pay for the 5 months i actually attended the school

C

CcytzO_Loc

hahahha yeah i FEEL you on that to the fulllest....my cheap ass school was givin us tutorials they printed off the net.....i was lke wtf??? "i can do this myself at home"....i went into the school knowin more than what i actually got out of it.....one of my teachers would be amazed when hed give us an assignment and my work would come out better than his example he made.....hed be over my shoulder "how'd you do that?".....next thing i know hes at his desk tryin to copy my shit...lol....

only thing i did learn there was how to use Illustrator a lot better cuz i wasnt really usin it before that shit....and i learned a lil bit about Dreamweaver and Flash but they didnt really get deep into Web Design before i dropped out and thas one of the main reasons i went to school was to learn how to build tight ass web sites....plus get it on PAPER that i knew what i was doin......but judgin by them 5-6 months i went they were probably jus gonna give us more tutorials on that shit too....lol.....

and now im stucc payin bacc a loan i didnt even really need.....damn shame.....

Y-S

Sicc OG
Dec 10, 2005
hell ya

boy i know does graphic shit, he uses it as a hobby and gets paid for it easily....

It's all about quality and talent, especially network.

C

CcytzO_Loc

i was jus goin to that Institute of Technology in Modesto......was hella females there though thas the main reason id even go....im not really blamin it on the school though cuz they do teach the folks who dont know shit how to get into Graphics but PERSONALLY it wasnt that great for me at my level....and i had to drop out due to lacc of transportation....

i fucced up 2 cars durin the commute.....i was workin a full time job for Ford Motor Company in Manteca at their warehouse and id get off at 2 in the mornin and have to be in Modesto at 8...it'd take me half an hour to get to my apt. in Stoccton from Manteca...by the time id fall asleep itd be lilke 3-4 in the mornin...then id have to be up by 7 to get ready hella fast and rush out the door so i could make it to school by 8 and i was almost always 10-30 min late everyday cuz id be tired and laggin or there would be too much traffic or an accident on 99......id get out of school at 12 noon right in the middle of lunch traffic and id get bacc to Stoccton around 1....it would take me another hour or so to fall asleep....take a nap till about 4 so i could go bacc to work at 5 and do it all over again.....shit got real stressful and tiring.....i fell asleep at the wheel and drove off the freeway one night in my moms 99 Mercury Cougar and hit some shit underneath that fucced up the transmission (luccily it was like 2-3 in the mornin and no one was around or it could of been a lot worse....) so i had to pay to get that fixed and i bought me a trucc to use......i wore that shit out fast and ended up not havin enough money at the time to get it runnin again when the radiator blew up on me (thermostat wasnt doin its job so it overheated).....most of the students were from Modesto area and no one was really comin from Stoccton that i knew so i couldnt find a ride and i jus dropped out......i felt kinda dumb for a while cuz i was thknin i was doin somethin and it felt good even though i was sacrificin my life damn near to do what i love.....but like i said i still landed a graphics job wit my mouthpiece and work.......

if you can go to school and get the paper though its worth it cuz more jobs will take you serious.....i jus have to work harder to prove myself now......

Mar 17, 2007
tosin said:
thats where i knew your name from...you used to do that mag...already mag or something like that...always liked your work...
thanks man...it was urbantimez mag and awready.com.... both them thing feel thru so now im doin kinda the same thing with a magazine/website with Chuck T
preciate the support, i've always liked ya work too...lol...hit me up sometime on aim: emangrfx

as far as the school thing, it was ATI career center. the thing that got me was that the week before i left i got this letter in the mail sayin they were gettin rid of the graphic design section of their school and my class would be the last to go thru. i took the letter to the teacher and dean at the school, and they didnt know nothin about it...the home office of this place hadnt even told their schools yet that they were doin this....thats when i realized it was time to go

Mar 17, 2007
UNC said:
yo e man what did happen to urbantimez mag?
alotta shit man...im not gonna name names on nobody, but im gonna put it like this. dude that owned the mag (lets call him carl, lol) had this partner (lets call him david), so i did the 1st issue for free cause i was like 17 at the time and was just tryin to get started and didnt know nothin...few months go by and i figure out i can get paid for this, so i tell dude i wana get paid...
to make a long story short, carl tells me he'll give me $500 for it, i agree. comes time for payment and he says he aint got it cause he gotta pay for it to get printed, but that david will pay me and and he'll pay david back when he get more money. i agree cause i just want my money...david gets at me and sends me the $500, but a few days later asks if carl ever paid me and i told him no. i told him the agreement me and carl had made, and he then tells me that carl played me and that the $500 he had gave me was his half of the payment and that carl had told him that i charge $1000 for it. so really the $500 david gave me was only half of what he thought was the cost and that carl was suppose to pay me another $500.
anyway, it was alotta mess...and then carl didnt even get any other issues printed up besided the 1st on. i did 4 issues, i got paid for 1

thats what happened to urbantimez and awready.com ( i aint ever get paid for that either) all in all, i did roughly 6-7Grand worth of work for carl in the 2 years i worked with im, and i got paid maybe $1000 in total

i still feel stupid sometimes for lettin him do me like that, lol

edit:
oh yeah...it's all good though...cause me and David done hooked up now, and carl gonna "Feel the Surge" when he sees what we're doin'
(look at one of my 1st posts to figure out what im talkin bout)

UNC

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2004
E.MAN said:
alotta shit man...im not gonna name names on nobody, but im gonna put it like this. dude that owned the mag (lets call him carl, lol) had this partner (lets call him david), so i did the 1st issue for free cause i was like 17 at the time and was just tryin to get started and didnt know nothin...few months go by and i figure out i can get paid for this, so i tell dude i wana get paid...
to make a long story short, carl tells me he'll give me $500 for it, i agree. comes time for payment and he says he aint got it cause he gotta pay for it to get printed, but that david will pay me and and he'll pay david back when he get more money. i agree cause i just want my money...david gets at me and sends me the $500, but a few days later asks if carl ever paid me and i told him no. i told him the agreement me and carl had made, and he then tells me that carl played me and that the $500 he had gave me was his half of the payment and that carl had told him that i charge $1000 for it. so really the $500 david gave me was only half of what he thought was the cost and that carl was suppose to pay me another $500.
anyway, it was alotta mess...and then carl didnt even get any other issues printed up besided the 1st on. i did 4 issues, i got paid for 1

thats what happened to urbantimez and awready.com ( i aint ever get paid for that either) all in all, i did roughly 6-7Grand worth of work for carl in the 2 years i worked with im, and i got paid maybe $1000 in total

i still feel stupid sometimes for lettin him do me like that, lol

edit:
oh yeah...it's all good though...cause me and David done hooked up now, and carl gonna "Feel the Surge" when he sees what we're doin'
(look at one of my 1st posts to figure out what im talkin bout)

I feel you man, i know who you talking about, Jay Classik, i nearly did the same thing, he wanted me to work on the site awready.com saying that he will get me out there this and that.

I told him no way i was gonna do a "sample" site for him.

Thought the mag was gonna pop off? but guess you gotta have the right plan huh.

Anyways keep doing your thing