peyton manning is the biggest choke artist in the history of sports

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2004
Hey man, I can go and and on about this all day, but I'm not going to. It's not going to convince you otherwise. YOUR team won, and that's all that matters to you. I mean if Big Ben can admit it wasn't a TD, and you argue that it was, I am just flabbergasted.

Jun 24, 2006
Savage those pics didn't prove shit! Watch the plays over again... Freeze it this time when the tip of the ball cradled inside Roethlisberger's elbow touch the white line in the air. Do you not know the rule? This isn't Rugby or American Football in the early 1900's where the ball had to actually touch the ground inside the endzone. All it has to do is break the plain which it clearly did in the air! If for some reason they didn't give that TD to them on that play, The Steelers would have got in on the next play anyway! Seattle fans even admit that...

Also, watch the Holding call again which was clearly HOLDING! You seem to be avoided all the other Holding no calls that your seaChickens got away with and the bad calls against Pittsburgh. Also, you didn't have to prove your point on the Hasselbeck "Low Block", because I already said that was a bad call. This really didn't make much of a difference anyway, because that shitbird sub at Safety still would have bit on that Reverse TD Pass from Randle El to Ward! Ward clearly had the DB's beat, so how would that have made a difference?

You guys just keep wanting to make excuses, because HasselPECK and HOMOgren made huge mistakes that cost their team. Of course HOMOgren is going to try and reflect attention from his mistakes while talking to the media about the Refs screwed us.! Fuckin crybabies!!!

At the end of the day we know who won the Super Bowl fair all the way around...

GO STEELERS!!!
Are you even from shittsburgh???

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
Hey man, I can go and and on about this all day, but I'm not going to. It's not going to convince you otherwise. YOUR team won, and that's all that matters to you. I mean if Big Ben can admit it wasn't a TD, and you argue that it was, I am just flabbergasted.
The picture proves it... What more do you need???

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Huh? Big Ben came through in last years SuperBowl. This year Peyton had the opportunity to do the same but threw an INT. Great play by Porter but Peyton still threw the INT when it counted. Do I think Peyton Manning choked? No, because it was just one play. But to say Big Ben is not on Peyton's level is crazy. Big Ben has a better playoff record and SuperBowl record so we could say Peyton is not in Ben's level.
the underlined proves my point... one play

better playoff record and one more super bowl does not mean he's a better QB

a QB doesn't win games by himself... there's a lot of other players on the field that matter as well

if you took out Big Ben and replaced him with Peyton... I can almost guarantee he'd have just as many Super Bowls and playoff wins

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
if you took out Big Ben and replaced him with Peyton... I can almost guarantee he'd have just as many Super Bowls and playoff wins
That's only a matter of your opinion and I will say you are wrong! If Peyton was on The Steelers those same years, Pittsburgh would not have Six... Manning would have been under pressure, panicked and choked!

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
No he wouldn't. Big Ben has made huge plays by buying extra time with his feet. Peyton doesn't or wouldn't have done that or made the plays Big Ben has made.

Do you think Big Ben would have thrown that INT to Porter like Peyton did? I don't think so... Big Ben is proven to be more clutch than Peyton. It's a fact man.

Apr 25, 2002
You really look stupid right now!
So you're gonna default to the lame ass "you look stupid" statement? OK man, we're done here. I didn't think you'd pull that garbage, but apparently I must have given you a little more credit than I should have.

The problem with these ridiculous statements is they can go either way. I can say the same thing to you, but why bother? Jabs thrown here and there are always fun, but once the 5th grader statements come out in an attempt to support your posts, the fun goes away.

Like I said, we can go back and forth all day about Peyton Manning, but we won't convince one another that one of us is right and the other is not. Let me just say you are in the minority, by far. And I know your response will be something along the lines of how everyone is blinded by stats and what analysts say. Blah blah blah.

As for the refs helping your team beat the Seahawks, I don't think I really need to make an argument there. Like I said, I wanted them to win and even refused to acknowledge the BS that went on. I was in the same spot you're sitting in for a few months after that game.

Apr 25, 2002
Also, Seattle should have been called for Holding other times, but were not!
Come on bro, do you watch football? They say there is holding on every play. While I disagree with that statement, I'd say there is holding on at least 90% of plays in a football game. Do they call it every time or even the majority of the time? NO.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Come on bro, do you watch football? They say there is holding on every play. While I disagree with that statement, I'd say there is holding on at least 90% of plays in a football game. Do they call it every time or even the majority of the time? NO.
holding is the penalty they use to sway momentum and punish/reward certain teams. by calling or not calling it.

Apr 25, 2002
The second Super Bowl hangover was actually statistically his best season. I think it had more to do with the defense/Polamalu.
This statement proves my point. I am not saying Big Ben isn't a good QB. I happen to think he's a very good player. But you saying that he had his best season (statistically) and the floundering had more to do with the defense supports my argument. As you said, teams need to fire on all cylinders to win it all. I agree with that to the fullest. My point is Peyton Manning's team, as a whole, very rarely fires on all cylinders. His defense is never taking care of business like it needs to.

I know people like to bash stats, but if Big Ben had better stats this year it's because he was doing more. Period. There is no getting around it. But when his defense isn't what it needs to be, they lose. My point is Peyton's defense is very rarely what it needs to be to win a championship. Is that Peyton Manning's fault? I don't think so.

Apr 25, 2002
that shitbird sub at Safety still would have bit on that Reverse TD Pass from Randle El to Ward! Ward clearly had the DB's beat, so how would that have made a difference?
Come on man! Weren't you the one telling people to learn how the NFL works? You do realize that field position plays a role in play calling, right? You have no idea whether or not that play would have even been called had they not received a free 15 yards.

And you wanna say I'M looking stupid? You're better than that shit.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
Come on man! Weren't you the one telling people to learn how the NFL works? You do realize that field position plays a role in play calling, right? You have no idea whether or not that play would have even been called had they not received a free 15 yards.

And you wanna say I'M looking stupid? You're better than that shit.
15 yards towards the middle of the field does not make that much of a difference on that play call at any level! Your the one who just looked stupid... Have you ever coached any level of a football team and called plays on Offense? I would guess not, because your stupidity just showed... I have called plays for my teams that I have coached and the only way I would not have called that play is if we were backed up in our own endzone. You can't tell me Whiz wouldn't have called that same play regardless. SMH... LMFAO at your ignorant ass!!!

Apr 25, 2002
15 yards towards the middle of the field does not make that much of a difference on that play call at any level! Your the one who just looked stupid... Have you ever coached any level of a football team and called plays on Offense? I would guess not, because your stupidity just showed... I have called plays for my teams that I have coached and the only way I would not have called that play is if we were backed up in our own endzone. You can't tell me Whiz wouldn't have called that same play regardless. SMH... LMFAO at your ignorant ass!!!
Give me a fuckin break. You think because you called plays for a youth football team it would be the same in the goddamn NFL? You do understand they have strategies for certain situations and field positions, right? Wait, what am I asking? It's obvious you don't understand. I'm not gonna discuss this with you any further.

And again you insist on insulting me, while making no argument that gives you reason to be talking shit. But whatever man, you wanna act like a child it's up to you.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
Fatal you made a statement basically calling out that I didn't know a thing about field position in football. Like I said before, that 15 yards wouldn't have made a difference either way in that Super Bowl. It wouldn't have kept Whiz from calling the play anyway? What don't you understand about that? You obviously haven't called plays on any level or you would have mentioned it. Although there are a lot of huge differences between Youth and Pro ball, in this case it wouldn't have a made a difference... In your own words, the strategy for either situation and field position didn't matter on that play call! You keep saying I act like a child only because deep down you know I'm right :)

Oh yeah, I would feel embarrassed If I had a cheerleader like Phil that kept swinging from my nuts... GBR, hahahahahaha!!!

Apr 25, 2002
Like I said before, that 15 yards wouldn't have made a difference either way in that Super Bowl. It wouldn't have kept Whiz from calling the play anyway? What don't you understand about that?
YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHETHER OR NOT IT WOULD HAVE LED TO A DIFFERENT PLAY BEING CALLED. Period. So stop trying to act like you KNOW he would have called the same play. Not only would it have been likely that Whiz called a different play without 15 free yards, but the defense likely would have called a different play as well due to the distance from the end zone. I know you don't understand this because you called plays for a little kid's football league, but this type of shit is common knowledge.

It's an absolute joke that you have the nerve to argue against this and then resort to cheap insults in an attempt to sway the debate in your favor. The FACT (there's that word again) of the matter is you don't have a goddamn clue whether or not that play would have been called and you have no idea whether the defense would have also called the same coverage and package if the Steelers didn't receive a free 15 yards.

Jazzo said:
You obviously haven't called plays on any level or you would have mentioned it.
No I have not, but calling plays for youth football is nothing to brag about. My coworker coaches a youth football team that made it to the national championship in Florida, and won, but he admits he doesn't know much about football. What does that tell you?

You do not employ strategies remotely close to the ones used in pro football with children. Don't fool yourself. NFL strategies are lightyears beyond COLLEGE football, so your little youth football play-calling skills are 100% irrelevant.

What's funny is you actually think that because your play-calling strategy wouldn't have changed in your little pop warner games, it must mean that a professional football coach would handle the situation the same way you would.

Just remember there's a reason you only coach youth football and are not making millions as a pro football coach.

Jazzo said:
the strategy for either situation and field position didn't matter on that play call!
You must have been in the coordinator's booth when Whiz made the call and he must have told you "I'm calling this play regardless of field position" because if that's not the case then YOU'RE TALKING OUT OF YOUR ASS.

Jazzo said:
You keep saying I act like a child only because deep down you know I'm right :)
By my count, I've said it once. Why is it that you feel I've been telling you a number of times? Must be your conscience.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
Fatal look at all that shit you typed, LMAO! You can say the same for yourself! You can't sit there and say that Whiz wouldn't have... So it's ok for you to guess what would have happened, but not me? Most folks that know the game would agree with my opinions. You just are digging a deeper hole and just can't swallow your pride... At the end of the day, The Steelers won that Super Bowl fair and square! Anyone can say well if this happened instead or if that call wasn't/or was made the outcome would have been different. Give up already, because the reality is that your opinions are weak on this topic. Also I was once again am pointing out the common knowledge of the play calling which you obviously are incapable of absorbing. You look more like the child with your weak attempts to insult me above, GBR! Get the point through your narrow little mind that you can't turn back the clock and say well this would have happened. I will leave you with this little clip for you to enjoy on the way out... Enjoy :)

Apr 25, 2002
Fatal look at all that shit you typed, LMAO! You can say the same for yourself! You can't sit there and say that Whiz wouldn't have... So it's ok for you to guess what would have happened, but not me?
You are not guessing, you're trying to say for a fact that Whiz would have called the same play. READ what I said slowly and carefully:

You do realize that field position plays a role in play calling, right? You have no idea whether or not that play would have even been called had they not received a free 15 yards.
The underlined portion is my entire argument, and there's absolutely no way for you to prove it false. NONE. I happen to think he would have called a different play AND the defense would have done the same if not for a difference of 15 yards, but the difference between my statements and yours is I am NOT trying to pass off my thoughts as facts. That's you, not me.

I said YOU DON'T KNOW. And you don't. Maybe he would have called the same play, maybe he wouldn't. That's what the fuck I'm arguing.

These things are obviously flying right over your head because you continue to make arguments for points I never made!

I do feel that it's LIKELY he would have called a different play, but the word "likely" leaves the door open for debate. What you're trying to do is close the door by passing your opinion off as a fact.

Jazzo said:
You look more like the child with your weak attempts to insult me above, GBR!
Where did I insult you? Quote it. And give up with the "GBR" and "LMAO" nonsense. You aren't rolling or laughing your ass off. Those are things you throw in your posts in an attempt to discredit my posts, as if you aren't taking them seriously, but if that were the case you wouldn't be arguing as hard as you are.

In that post I said nothing that would insult most people. I didn't say you look stupid or call you a moron. So if you feel insulted, I really don't know what to tell you.

I'm not trying to insult you with the following, either, but you might want to consider a reading comprehension class for your benefit in future interactions through varied means of text. If you take that as an insult, then my apologies to you, but that seriously is not what my intention is. You really don't seem to understand most of what is being discussed here.

Jazzo said:
Get the point through your narrow little mind that you can't turn back the clock and say well this would have happened.
It's funny how you get so defensive about that whole ordeal. Why isn't Stealth getting all upset? What about the other cat in here who is a Steelers fan? Why aren't they taking weak shots at me? You're the only one getting all hurt.

The thing is, the discussion moved from the overall game in which most of us feel the refs fucked the Seahawks to whether or not YOU know Whiz would have called the same play he did, yet you continue to make statements like the one above trying to prove that your team won fair and square. Why is it so important for you to try to prove your point?

Have you ever realized that a guilty party always argues the most?

I really don't care to argue this with you anymore, but I'm sure you'll come back with a response proving you misunderstood this entire post.. So let's see it.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
Fatal, I'm not getting all upset, just enjoying this discussion. I just find it funny that folks won't let go after five years, gbr! I guess I should expect that since cowgirls fans still want to make the same argument about how they were screwed in Super Bowl XIII. It's funny how everyone thinks Pittsburgh always wins their Super Bowls with help from the Officials.

You go to the Texas area and the fans cry about XIII. You talk to AZ area fans and they whine about XLIII too. The NW area (Bay Included) seem no different about Super Bowl XL.

Fatal you can keep going in circles with your wack ass postings, but what team has Six Lombardi's at the end of all this??? Thank you :)

GO STEELERS!!!

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
the steelers have no lombardis in the season that matters. the one we just watched. scrub ass faggots didnt even make the playoffs after winning the superbowl.