People who live in LA County: Have you noticed a grip of cops around lately?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
I was cruisin with my girl earlier and I have never seen so many fuckin pigs in my life. Every street I turned on, there they were. Shits makin me nervous. Have you noticed this in your area? Tonight I must have seen atleast 60 cop cars (some crash but mostly regular 1s). This was all the way from reseda 2 van nuys 2 north hills and some other places so I know it ain't just in one area.

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
I'm white, so the cops leave me alone.

But on the reals though, I've noticed that there are a lot more cops in LA since I've been out here. I come from Riverside and I never see cops out there. But out here, I see them all the time. You can't speed out here without running into cops it seems like. I mainly just drive to and from LAX every day, so you know that there is twice as many cops hanging around the airport nowadays. But fuck em, hopefully they'll behave.

May 2, 2002
AdolfOliverBush said:
But fuck em, hopefully they'll behave.
for real. If they didn't fuck with me for no reason and do their job instead of harassing people itd be coo. Looks like this is the reason...

Bratton delivers first major status report

By Mariel Garza
Staff Writer

SYLMAR - In his first major status report to the City Council, LAPD Chief William Bratton said Wednesday night that crime is down overall in the San Fernando Valley this year due to efforts by the LAPD's Valley Bureau to attack the problem with support from community groups and other law enforcement agencies.

Bratton acknowledged that gang-related homicides have risen in the Valley through September but other gang-related crimes had fallen.

Bratton attributed successful efforts to Deputy Chief Ron Bergmann's crackdown on gangs in the Valley, which Bratton would like to see citywide.

"Chief Bergmann has been applauded, I think deservedly so, for the comprehensive approach he is taking to the issue in the Valley," Bratton said.

In particular, Bratton praised community policing efforts targeting the gang problem.

"He liked what he saw in the Valley and wants to take it to the rest of the city," Bergmann said.

City Council President Alex Padilla had asked Bratton to address the council at its meeting at Mission College specifically to outline how he and the Los Angeles Police Department will combat violent street gang crimes in areas such as the northeast San Fernando Valley.

Police estimate there are more than 20,000 gang members in the Valley and say nearly half of the 94 killings in the region this year were gang-related.

Bratton offered few new strategies Wednesday for fighting the gang violence, except pushing his plans to build a computer crime tracking system called COMSTAT.

COMSTAT will replace the FASTRAC computer system that the chief called a poor imitation. COMSTAT was used by Bratton to bring crime down when he was the commissioner of the New York Police Department in the mid-1990s.

He said that once COMSTAT is up and running in the next several months it will help the Los Angeles Police Department fight gang crime. The information from COMSTAT will also be available to the public.

"What do we have to hide?" he said. "If a crime trend appears in your neighborhood, I want you to know about it."

City Council members asked questions about COMSTAT and officer deployment, and indicated they were behind his efforts so far.

"You're going to get the support," said West San Fernando Valley Councilman Dennis Zine.

Only Councilman Nate Holden, who has been a critic of Bratton since he was confirmed last month, took the chief to task for not having more answers.

"Before you seemed like you knew everything," Holden said.

Bratton responded that he was as prepared as he could be after 18 days on the job.

The council met in Sylmar as part of its effort to hold occasional meetings away from City Hall and in the evening, to make local government more accessible to city residents. The council held a meeting in Canoga Park in April.

Before Wednesday's meeting, Bratton showed support for another of his top issues, graffiti. He joined Padilla and others to present surplus pickup trucks once used by the city's General Services Department for anti-graffiti programs in Pacoima, Sylmar and Sun Valley.

The volunteer Graffiti Busters programs in those neighborhoods will pay $1 each for the trucks.

Since becoming chief, Bratton - also formerly police commissioner in Boston - has said fighting gangs is his top priority.

To succeed in that fight, he has said the LAPD will need cooperation from the public which he expects to come as community policing efforts are expanded.

Apr 25, 2002
www.dubcnn.com
maybe u saw a gang of cops cuz of what happened in pacoima...some plane crashed or something over there....but i know by my house theres always cops...they just opened another station just around the corner from my house and they always are on my street creeping...i was told that we got some foo who slangs and thats why the cops always stake him out...but hes down the street so i dont know...but yea i have noticed alot of cops out here in the S.G.V. area

May 2, 2002
ManOfBeer2K2 said:
maybe u saw a gang of cops cuz of what happened in pacoima...some plane crashed or something over there....but i know by my house theres always cops...they just opened another station just around the corner from my house and they always are on my street creeping...i was told that we got some foo who slangs and thats why the cops always stake him out...but hes down the street so i dont know...but yea i have noticed alot of cops out here in the S.G.V. area
nah you never see this many cops in the valley, no matter whats going on. There was probably more than 60 that I saw..I was just throwing a number out. If it was because of the plane crash it would be in just one area, this was all over, from the east valley to the west valley. Plus, CRASH units don't help out with plane crashes.

May 2, 2002
Also it was on the news this morning that the new chief of police increased police patrol all over the valley by a grip. He's tryna get rid of gangs all together.

Apr 25, 2002
www.dubcnn.com
D-Style said:

nah you never see this many cops in the valley, no matter whats going on. There was probably more than 60 that I saw..I was just throwing a number out. If it was because of the plane crash it would be in just one area, this was all over, from the east valley to the west valley. Plus, CRASH units don't help out with plane crashes.
yea thats true...cuz my cousin is out in reseda...when i go out there i see at the most 2 cops...but why the hell would the police chief be starting out there...shouldnt he start in the heart of l.a. first?...would make sense to me....cuz i havent heard much about salvatrucha vs armenians out there in the valley lately...whatever happened with that?

May 2, 2002
ManOfBeer2K2 said:

yea thats true...cuz my cousin is out in reseda...when i go out there i see at the most 2 cops...but why the hell would the police chief be starting out there...shouldnt he start in the heart of l.a. first?...would make sense to me....cuz i havent heard much about salvatrucha vs armenians out there in the valley lately...whatever happened with that?
AP & MS isn't the only rivalry in the valley. Reseda blasts on Canoga, Pacoima & San Fer go at it all the time, Pacoima Vaughn St and the Projects hate each other. Blythe St & San Fer hate eachother. Some Pacoima sets don't get along with reseda. Varrio Van Nuys don't get along with Pacoima. Sol Valle Vineland Boyz are at war with some pacoima sets, forgot which 1s. Those are just some gangs who are at war with eachother or r rivals in the valley. Gang homicides in the valley are at the highest they've been at in something like 10 years that's why he started here first. LA gang murders have gone up but not as much as the valley, atleast per capita.

Apr 25, 2002
www.dubcnn.com
D-Style said:

AP & MS isn't the only rivalry in the valley. Reseda blasts on Canoga, Pacoima & San Fer go at it all the time, Pacoima Vaughn St and the Projects hate each other. Blythe St & San Fer hate eachother. Some Pacoima sets don't get along with reseda. Varrio Van Nuys don't get along with Pacoima. Sol Valle Vineland Boyz are at war with some pacoima sets, forgot which 1s. Those are just some gangs who are at war with eachother or r rivals in the valley. Gang homicides in the valley are at the highest they've been at in something like 10 years that's why he started here first. LA gang murders have gone up but not as much as the valley, atleast per capita.
damn i didnt know all that...thanks for puttin me up on game