OT:Real talk: sexism and racism

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 19, 2003
www.geocities.com
I felt it needed to be continued, but not appropriate for that thread. I wouldn't mind having a REAL mature discussion on this topic, as it is one that effects us all.

Just to clarify, I'm against racism and sexism, but there's a major societal difference in their importance. That's what I meant.
There's a major societal difference period. I wouldn't go as far as to say their importance. Every person should be treated equal PERIOD. That's important. However, in general sexism isn't as much of a problem in society as racism still is. A white female will still get treated much differently than a black male and that's the sad truth. However, a white female still gets treated with less respect than a white male.

Someone said it in that other thread... discrimination is discrimination... whether it's age/sex or race... but who's to say which is a more "important" discrimination?

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Society and the media for one place racism ahead of sexism 9 out of 10 times. I'm not the only person on the planet looking at it like that. Maybe nobody uses the word "importance" in conjunction with sexism and racism for political correctness aka "saving face", but then again I'm not one for politics or saving face.

I apologize if the word "importance" upset any of you, but don't lie to yourselves and say that's not how it goes. I'm equal rights as the day is long, but if you can't divulge that information on your own then I feel very sorry for you.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
Women are for making babies and cleaning the house.

Stay in your lane you country bumpkin.
WAHAHA

nice to have your presence back in this bitch...

and on the topic i feel you on the white female persective... my girl's italian and its pretty evident that the stereotypical "shes white" persona is there at times...

funny thing is she's just as 'black' as me

real talk

Sep 29, 2007
scientists have proven woman brain is smaller than man brain
that is usually true only because our brains are proportional to our size and men are usually larger than women

this in no way means that men are more intelligent or have more potential than women

usually, sexism stems from ignorance passed down through generations, but im sure an encounter with a strong women can change this quickly

Sep 19, 2003
www.geocities.com
However, in general sexism isn't as much of a problem in society as racism still is.
I do believe I said the same thing you just did. Racism is still far more of an issue than sexism. That's not what I'm presenting here. I was presenting the fact as to why woud one form; that is virtually the same (discrimination is discrimination) take importance over another form?

I'm not ignorant to the fact that a white woman gets better wages over a black women with the same skills as well. But another topic to indulge, is why EVERY white woman has to be treated as if this is her fault? I don't chose it to be this way. I don't believe it is right at all. And yet, I, as a white woman, am discriminated by many in that way.

Jan 17, 2007
HAY HAY HAY I GOT JOKES

So...

Why do they call it PMS?
Mad cow disease was already taken

How do you fix a womans watch?
You dont.... theres a clock on the oven....

How do you blind an asain?
Put a windshield infront of him

Highlight under the question....

Sep 29, 2007
women get it bad (lets try to keep race out of it)
how many of you have heard that someone refuses to vote for hillary clinton simply because she is a women
i personally wont vote for her, but having a penis does not qualify one person more than anther for anything

Jan 17, 2007
scientists have proven woman brain is smaller than man brain
Am i the only person that laughed at that? You guys suck

I do believe I said the same thing you just did. Racism is still far more of an issue than sexism. That's not what I'm presenting here. I was presenting the fact as to why woud one form; that is virtually the same (discrimination is discrimination) take importance over another form?

I'm not ignorant to the fact that a white woman gets better wages over a black women with the same skills as well. But another topic to indulge, is why EVERY white woman has to be treated as if this is her fault? I don't chose it to be this way. I don't believe it is right at all. And yet, I, as a white woman, am discriminated by many in that way.
Do the only thing you can do girl, end womens suffrage