OT: Please Please Help if possible

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 13, 2006
the only reason she was on register and working is because I wanted to see her so I went there while she was working

Nov 14, 2003
people pull this shit at my work all the time (I work at Wal-Mart). I however am in Sporting Goods and never have to worry about people doing this at my register. They mostly go through self checkout. One thing that sucks.. as far as I have always been told, we are not allowed to check a customers ID to see if it matches the name on the card unless the register prompts for it. It prompts on all purchases over $150, and randomly if it is under that. Something about liability issues if that customer were to think you were targeting them specifically. Same thing with if we watch someone shove something in their shirt to steal it. We can not say anything to them and have to call a manager.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I smell some bullshit.

You girl just took an L, and you're gonna be masturbating furiously for a while if you stay with her because her ass is going to jail, son.

Nov 14, 2002
He's probably talking about himself anyway. He thought him and his friend could get away with stupid shit, they did it one time too many and now they're fucked. They were probably using the new cards until they ran out and then just re-stripping them with the stolen card info since the spent cards were useless anyway.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I honestly don't understand the process of what was done.

The only time I get a prepaid Wal-Mart card option is when I cash my payroll checks.

I didn't know you could put credit card info onto a prepaid card, and I was certain that you couldn't buy a prepaid card with a prepaid card.

Nov 14, 2002
As long as there's a magnetic strip on the back of the card, you can rewrite the data so it can be anything. You can put library card info on your bank card if you wanted to, really. The machines that do it aren't very expensive. It's a lot like recording over a cassette tape... You can have a cassette tape that says "RUN DMC" printed on it, and still have Weird Al actually on the tape.

So I'm assuming the reason the person went to their friend, and not a stranger in the first place, is so when the were using one card to pay for (what looked like) the same exact thing, nobody asked any questions. If they didn't do this numerous times, then nobody would have even known about it, let alone asked any questions to the employee. They were all in on it, if you ask me.

Thinking about it a bit more though, once the stolen card info was used to buy gift cards, the gift cards would have been flagged. So to even further the stupidity I bet the same person brought those cards back to the same store and when they were used "coincidentally" with the same cashier everyone could figure out what was going on.

Nov 14, 2002
I looked into credit card fraud a lot back in the day. I think it's a fascinating subject, really.

It's a victimless crime. You don't even have to scare the shit out of anyone like if you robbed a bank. You just... leave a store with the shit. It's essentially shoplifting, but you can take shit that doesn't fit in your pocket.

Sep 30, 2002
Last year my Father in Law gave me a $500 visa gift card for Christmas. I took that card with the visa logo on it, went and bought five $100 cards and gave them as gifts, so it is possible. I was never asked for my I.D. I could have been using an unreported stolen card.

Nov 14, 2002
That shit is terrible. People fiend for that shit so bad
That's very true. But people are also fuckin' retarded and want to snort up 2 80's of the shit and nod out instead of having a good time and rockin' all night. I've done that shit for days straight and been fine.

I'm not saying it's something to be proud of, but people just want to get so high that they don't know what they're doing. If you do that shit right you can stay up for as long as you want and feel great. lol.

Also, you have to be willing to feel like shit for half a day or so. Nothing a bit of weed can't handle. But people just snort more of that shit instead of just putting up with throwing up a few times. To each his own I guess.

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
I honestly don't understand the process of what was done.
what you need:

a laptop/PDA with card information recording and writing software loaded onto it
a USB or other type connecting cable
a card reader
a stolen/borrowed credit card
a card with a magnetic strip on it

method:

step 1 - connect the card reader to your PDA device with the cable

step 2 - load up the software on your laptop/PDA

step 3 - swipe the stolen/borrowed card through the card reader to record it's information

step 4 - take another card which has a magnetic strip on it, and swipe it once through the reader to erase the information already on it, then swipe it through once more to write the stolen information onto it (check software for more detailed instructions)

it's just like burning tracks onto a CD

Nov 14, 2003
what you need:

a laptop/PDA with card information recording and writing software loaded onto it
a USB or other type connecting cable
a card reader
a stolen/borrowed credit card
a card with a magnetic strip on it

method:

step 1 - connect the card reader to your PDA device with the cable

step 2 - load up the software on your laptop/PDA

step 3 - swipe the stolen/borrowed card through the card reader to record it's information

step 4 - take another card which has a magnetic strip on it, and swipe it once through the reader to erase the information already on it, then swipe it through once more to write the stolen information onto it (check software for more detailed instructions)

it's just like burning tracks onto a CD
and the readers are not illegal. They use one in an episode of Mythbusters to see if they can erase the data on the magnetic strip with a magnet.