OT: Off Topic Threads...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 9, 2002
anyone notice that since people been yelling about cleaning up the forums... people have just been denoting their threads OT: instead and hoping they will fly under the radar? lol

its like... hey... i know this thread is fuckin retarded... and people are gonna give me shit for it.... lets shove this OT on there and see if no one notices lol

Oct 2, 2006
I don't get why ppl don't just post in the open forum. No body cares about tom green, jackass, or a graphic that was made with someones siccness name in it. Take all that shit to the open forum.... it seems like people are just trying to raise their post count by making the most ridiculous threads they can.

Oct 17, 2003
I just noticed this topic after i posted in mine... here was my response... It my be a little off topic ;) but i'll post it anyways, what the hell, it will give me another post count to make me look OG! (not trying to diss anyone, sounded kind of funny in my head, but i'm sure its not)

From my OT thread said:
Delete please, there is an open forum for a reason. All the off topic threads are destroying these boards!
Yes true, but this forum would not survive if it was strictly tech n9ne/strange music talk. I seen forums die for that reason (i believe) and if its just "new album coming soon" "kutt will be featured on this track" "new tour starts today" i dont see coming here more than once a week.

There were many gaps when i have not been posting here just cuz there was not shit to say unless i found some mp3 or video or interview

Thats the one thing i dont like about siccness. There is one open forum for a bunch of different artists and subjects when i signed up here for a tech n9ne community.

I think this place needs more topics like this or we will only be coming here for the information on when to pick up a new cd or in most cases download new music

some off topic posts are bad, mainly the spam, but do you really want to get rid of them all?

side note: i'm watching a movie and i really dont feel like fixing my grammar and trying to make sense online... i do that enough at work so ii'm gonna leave it there.

Oct 17, 2003
It does seem to be getting out of hand though.
yeah i agree, i did not really notice it much until recently.... volrox does all my siccness research and reports to me on aim so i can be lazy when it comes to reading the new posts haha

It is starting to be like we need someone holding our hands telling us what is wrong and right to post... like the "we need more mods" talk

but comparing and complaining is not solving anything we just need to look past it maybe soon we will see more good than bad posting but until than i'm not holding any hands and its gonna take some time

Nov 7, 2006
what's so hard to just skip the ot threads if u want to? this is a forum and it isnt like we paid to be here. just take a chill pill and skip threads that doesnt look like it will interest you.

Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com
who cares people on this board dont go to the open forum.... you should know mizzou that this is like its own little board for real.... the reason people are putting the ot on there is so you dont have to read it simple as that.

For real how much can you talk about when is killer comin out, what is your favorite song etc etc.

Its all good to me just cuz we have our own community and its good to see peoples opinions on other shit besides tech....

to me its not out of hand till its ten plus threads.....

Also going through bumping the thread bitching about it doesnt help it go away.

Jul 7, 2002
I told Sawyer this last night....quit bitching about threads.

If you don't like it, don't post in it. Every time you make a post in a thread about how lame or gay it is, it bumps it up. If it's so fucking weak, let it fall of the main page.

Do this and the problem solves itself. The bill is in the mail and you can thank me later.

Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com
Also going through bumping the thread bitching about it doesnt help it go away.
beat ya too it so split me half.....

Thats one of the things that pisses me off about this board is when someone post shit like

"Random artist HOT NEW Mp3 CHECK MY MYSPACE"

they come in and say "no" or something or go away or fuck you.... if everyone just viewed it and let it go like heat said it would fall to the bottom and we would never see it again.

When are we gonna realize that the shit we bitch about can all be avoided?

Sep 26, 2002
For real how much can you talk about when is killer comin out, what is your favorite song etc etc.

Its all good to me just cuz we have our own community and its good to see peoples opinions on other shit besides tech....
i agree

when i post an ot thread i do it because i wanna see how tech fans react to it, i dont give a fuck what some d00d who listens to kriss kross in the open forum thinks.

and tom green is important

thank you