OT: Is Hip-Hop just a fucking joke now?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 14, 2002
dont get me wrong, theres a lot of talented rappers out there.......but lets be honest niggas you to need some sort of talent to make it big, to get some respect, now you get any half ass rapper who makes half ass lyrics over some nice beats and he automatically becomes the next big thing
That Waka Floka (sp?) guy doesn't have either of those.

Jun 13, 2009
I think it's alright if gay people enjoy hip hop. I don't think wearing skinny jeans, having piercings, etc. make you gay. They might look like little shitheads but it's unrelated to their 'manliness.'

Also, hip hop is fine. You're looking at it in an extremely negative way. Who cares if Gucci Mane is getting big hits on the radio. There's 20 local rappers near me that are quite the dope. If you're only listening to Strange, you're doing yourself a disservice.

Nov 11, 2006
taking in the fact that hip hop has been around for decades it will all get repetative so to say its dead or dying no...just maintaining. maybe even flourishing. its targeting a broader audience. if your gon complain bout the 20 rappers that you dont like as opposed to staying with the 5 rappers you do like then your beatin a dead horse. so maybe your fav artist isnt gettin the shine he deserves. he could be ahead of his time or he just doesnt appeal to everyone else like he does to you. no reason to hate. this may be corny as f**k but if you aint got nothin nice to say then shut the f**k up.....thats all i have

Oct 18, 2007
hater has spoken
whats your problem? them untalented rappers makin money? ill tell you somethin you wont believe, they are rich because people like them, they like them so much they buy their shit, you cant force people buy somethin they dont like, marketing is not that powerfull, you dont eat pizza which tastes like shit, do you?

lol at you predictions anyway, man, get a life

"world war 3 breaks out and kills half the population hopefully including all the idiots making this bum ass music or supporting it" - fail

Oct 17, 2009
hater has spoken
whats your problem? them untalented rappers makin money? ill tell you somethin you wont believe, they are rich because people like them, they like them so much they buy their shit, you cant force people buy somethin they dont like, marketing is not that powerfull, you dont eat pizza which tastes like shit, do you?

lol at you predictions anyway, man, get a life

"world war 3 breaks out and kills half the population hopefully including all the idiots making this bum ass music or supporting it" - fail
No, you failed for taking that seriously.

I wish I could reply to everything everybody but shit i ain't had the time. That Ross Ashes To Ashes mixtape was straight up piff though.

Dec 14, 2005
I can't even tell you the last time I've listened to ICP, or even what the fuck their latest releases are called.

I can tell you, no matter what I've ever been labeled, I've always taken pride in my knowledge of the Hip-Hop scene.

I know enough to know that Hip-Hop is still dope, and that you're fucking retarded if you think otherwise.
I hate this post.

Hip Hop is a fucking joke. 90% of whats on the radio is complete garbage. 75% of everything else also sucks dick. If you think otherwise, id suggest a frontal lobotomy.

Jun 19, 2008
blah blah
hip hop is currently in a much better state than it was a few years ago
shit improved tremendously
look at the albums that dropped
Drakes shit
Rozay's shit
Yeezy's shit
Em's shit
even banks even though he didn't sell much
I mean c'mon son
lookin back at when niggaz like d4l, unk & soulja boy ran hip hop all i can say is....THANK YOU LORD!!!

Nov 7, 2006
i agree with MrCrafty. drake may not be everyones type of music but atleast he's an actual MC and not one of those ppl that jerk or whatever the fuck. there were a ton of mainstream albums that sold goodthis year and were actually good so i think it's getting back to the way that it used to.