Older Dago Rasta Headz

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 23, 2006
I STLL GOT THAT SKI-DIP CASETTE!!I KNOW BACC IN THE MID 90'S EEK-A. STAYED IN NORMAL HEIGHTS AND ALWAYS SHOPPED AT THE VON'S ON ADAMS AVE.MY HOMEGIRL WAS A CHECCER THERE.HE HAD A SHOW AT ADAMS REC AND WAS HOLDIN A RED RAG AND TOSSIN UP P'S TALKIN BOUT THIS IS DEDICATED TO THE SKYLINE POSSE!!!!HE THREW OUT A SHIRT AND SUM LITTLE AFRICA CATS KNOCCED A WHITE BOY SILLY!!!

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
Dancehall is gay to me.
you hella stupid so ill let it slide. i slap bounty killa. i dont got time to listen to niggas singing all faggot about spirituality

and i dont see how some music that makes girls shake they ass is gay....thats like me sayin i like 2 live crew and you goin ahh 2 live crew is gay...

i got sooo tired of eek a mouse and barrington and sister nancy and all that bullshit...san diego ruined all of they music for me real early in life..i fucking lost my virginity to barrington at 15 lol

i cannot stand roots. to each his own tho...id rather listen to ska

Gas One

May 24, 2006
and off topic, yellowman is quite possibly the ugliest mutha fucka in the world

how you gon be albino AND a burn victim

thats just all around bad luck

if i saw that nigga in SD id run. thats like..the chupacabra.
but i bet he got goons for niggas that talk shit

you be talkin siht and BOOYAKAAA!!

Nov 4, 2006
...id rather listen to ska
I think reggae's many facets help increase the popularity of the music world wide...

And for the record SKA in the form of Baba Brooks, The Paragons, Lee Perry, The Ethiopians, Desmond Dekker, Derrick Morgan, The Slickers etc etc..

Not that 3rd generation So.Cal Punk Rock / Reggae / Ska / Sublime wannabe fusion noise...

SEEEEEEEEEN!

- and yes King Yellowman is gasfaced all day... Big Up his earlier music tho'...

Gas One

May 24, 2006
^ yup...

and nonficktion kinda to clarify? dancehall dosent mean its just about chicks and shaking ass. bouty killa, born jamaricans, mad lion, mad cobra, sizzla, all that is dancehall and most of it isnt about girls. bouty killa is usually talking about killing people on rap beats.

dancehall to me just encompasses modern music.

i think the dancehall youre thinking of is more like what is considered reggaeton right now

dancehall to me can be pretty versatile, it could be party music, it could be patois over rap beats, its just more uptempo.

i like dub for the slow shit more than roots, and ska because of the instruments

when i moved out of sd i kinda got up on reggae..everyone out here was just into roots...i didnt even know dub was its own style until late in life

and i agree w u brio regga is huge when it comes to sound and style...you can go wherever you want with it to the spiritual shit to the more rap shit to instrumental shit to band music

i did fuckwith hepcat tho, as far as the kinda outside of reggae tip......the lead singer is dope live...

but yeah shit like long beach dub allstars and sublime im cool offa they alright but im on some prince jammy

Feb 7, 2006
its weird how that reggae shit works wit the producer makin a riddim and everybody jump on that one riddim, tryna make the hottest song.

Aug 9, 2002
and off topic, yellowman is quite possibly the ugliest mutha fucka in the world

how you gon be albino AND a burn victim

thats just all around bad luck

if i saw that nigga in SD id run. thats like..the chupacabra.
but i bet he got goons for niggas that talk shit

you be talkin siht and BOOYAKAAA!!
WONDER IF HE STILL GOIN ON A SUMMER HOLLIDAY!

Gas One

May 24, 2006
lmao
id think not

some extra songs
just to put some different shit in this thread
these people have used auto tune, some of em.. more modern reggae
seems like niggas only know about the legends

but i guess i cant hate on roots too hard. its cool i just grew up listening to it.