older artists on street level records...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

N*Sane

Sep 20, 2002
i was on the site the other day and was listening to the older shit from years ago and then the shit they have now. everybody has their own opinions so nobody get hurt or offended when i say this. i think the older artists like Syko, F.T.S., I.K. and those fools that arent comin out with new shit are on a higher level than the fools you all got on the new shit now and the older style of beats are way harder and kick back than the new beats. i let some homies borrow the I.K. and Syko albums and those fools were jockin. i was just thinkin about that shit and wanted to post it. what do you all think? what is your opinion on the older shit and the newer street level records? im listening to Syko's album Sykotherapy right now and that shit is off the hook, a must have...

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
I think there are a couple reasons for it.....

With the first 5 albums that came out I did a majority of the beats and had alot of the control over how the songs turned out. So they had "that sound"......which is basically the D-Sane sound.

With the following other 4 albums......I either came into the project while it was being made and took it over and eventually put it out under my label or the artists decided that they wanted to work with different producers and record at other studios.

I think everybody that has been fiendin' for "that older sound" will be satisfied with Crytical's album.....it will be more to your taste. YV's album will be like that too. But Twin's, Skunt's, A-Train' & the Dividenz album will have various producers and sound a bit different. But I feel like they're all hot in their own ways and at the end of the day that's what I like to do......hopefully provide the people with different flavors to choose from. You may like Crytical and not like Skunt.....and that's cool. Different strokes for different folks......that's just a fact of life.

Thanks for the feedback.

Apr 25, 2002
Mr. D-Sane said:
I think there are a couple reasons for it.....

With the first 5 albums that came out I did a majority of the beats and had alot of the control over how the songs turned out. So they had "that sound"......which is basically the D-Sane sound.

With the following other 4 albums......I either came into the project while it was being made and took it over and eventually put it out under my label or the artists decided that they wanted to work with different producers and record at other studios.

I think everybody that has been fiendin' for "that older sound" will be satisfied with Crytical's album.....it will be more to your taste. YV's album will be like that too. But Twin's, Skunt's, A-Train' & the Dividenz album will have various producers and sound a bit different. But I feel like they're all hot in their own ways and at the end of the day that's what I like to do......hopefully provide the people with different flavors to choose from. You may like Crytical and not like Skunt.....and that's cool. Different strokes for different folks......that's just a fact of life.

Thanks for the feedback.
Well stated.

And yes, everybody on here is dying for that Crytical album we know how amazing it's going to be, how it'll be the best possible mix of "the old" and "the new" SLR. I ain't telling you anything you don't know already.

So how about you tell me something I don't know already and tell me when it's going to come out??????