OLD SCHOOL DAYS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 17, 2002
What do you vatos remember about them days?
I remember mobbin deep with my homeboys and
the Pano flying and of drive by's on PocoWay in
San Jose. Weekends you'd see homeboys walkin
the calles like nothin.
Now the only time I see all that is on Cinco de Mayo.
I also remember being suspended hella times for fighting
scrapas.

Nov 27, 2002
Cinco de Mayo by A in Hayward even this last year was off the hook. Fools were doin 360s in broad daylight fo sho, and there's no way now Iam gettin suspended over anything like that. That felt hella good.

Tagging up the walkways up and down hills on the school yard, flushing sweaters down the toilets to piss off the custodian and get school closed, and doin martial arts to climb the hall walls like ninjas was about as tough as I got. I loved fighting, fencing, and learning bows & arrows in PE, but I was always losing homies to continuation or juvi or gettin sent off to work in Alaska, so I tried to keep myself low-key and fairly str8 cuz I really don't like to see my mom cry and I couldn't win a fight wit my dad or older bros. I learned to box more formally instead, and played sports or swimming at the Plunge, or chilling at the Holiday Bowl arcade.

When summer hit that was always the best, goin out to Garin pond, Don Castro, Niles Canyon, anywhere you could bbq, fish, play sports, take your girl, skinny dip, get fucked up and have a good time without worrying about your mom hollering that the machine called saying you didn't show up in school. I was lucky enough toreally be in class a few times when that machine called my house, so thankfully everybuddy started thinkin the machine was always fucking up even when I was a "truant."

Getting yearbooks wit picture of all my homies & having everybuddy sign it sounded kind of nerdy and stupid at the time, but Iam glad my mom talked me into it, cuz that really was a special time that I think is unique in all the world for being Bay Area homies in the middle of a technological Silicon Valley revolution. We have a lot going for us living here that nobody else has.

Beyond high school theres been a lot of death, betrayal, lies, bullshit, tho some people have still really stayed tru and some have really been foul. It's hard to know anymore what's real and a lot of confusion has come down to the point that I don't talk on so many important things at all. I pray for the homies that keep it real wit their homies and themselves, and really appreciate those that don't speak on things that don't need to be spoken on.

Dizz

Sicc OG
Aug 29, 2002
shit them old days was the best... not as much fuckin drama like nowadays... i still stick wit my main homies but lots of other ones turned into bitches... since high school shit, i seen death, suicide, betrayal and every other thing u can throw at me..

i remember chillin up in frisco and shit, goin all out, crazy.. even got a reminiscin song "when i was a kid" to recount all that..

but shit i guess these days is a new beginnin

Nov 11, 2002
thay true though all i see now is scrapas all over san jo now .but cico de mayo i was there posted up wit my homeboys we was all reppin wit san jo jerseys and shit but you right on that now i mean i still repp my shit everywhere i go but you dont really see no mo enes out much whats up wit that shit

May 1, 2002
CINCO DE MAYO THEY WILL NOT SHOW UP CUZ THEY GET DEALT WITH...IF U BEEN THERE U KNOW HOW THEY GET TOSSED UP...<----THE TYMES THEY HAVE SHOWED UP
HELLA IN LA TROPICANA/MI PUEBLO AREA AND AT THE FLEA MARKET

Dec 17, 2002
Yeah they get dealt with big time.
I remember they shot some CPL homeboy's
arm off Cinco de Mayo back in 92.
That prompted a big ass war.
Like 12 or dirteen scraps were killed that summer.

RIX

Sicc OG
Dec 6, 2002
shit rollin thru on my scooter
kickin back on tha front porch, sippin kool/lemon-ade
tryin to emcee on a mowfuckin boombox lol
that was tha life eh?

Apr 25, 2002
SHIT IM BARELY BOUT TO BE 20...BUT I REMEMBER THE DIFFERENCE FA SHO

I REMEMBER WHEN MY SIDE OF TOWN WAS CRACKIN...I REMEMBER WHEN THE PARK WAS FULL OF RYDERZ..IM TALKIN JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL.....I REMEMBER BEIN A YOUNG ASS KID LIKE 12 OR 13...HITTIN UP THE HOOD WITH MY LIL HOMIES...BROAD DAYLIGHT WE SHOULDER TAPPIN FOR 40'S....

I REMEMBER WHEN ITS WAS AT LEAST LIKE 3 FIGHTS A WEEK AT THE PARK...AND MUTHAFUCKAS HAD PRIDE IN OUR TOWN...

I REMEMBER TAKIN MY FIRST HIT OF BUD WHEN I WAS IN 7TH GRADE B4 SCHOOL...

SHIT..EVERYTHING CHANGED....I REMEMBER BACK THAN SWEARIN TO GOD I WOULD DIE FOR SOME OF THEM SO CALLED HOMIES...AND NOW..ITS ONLY A FEW I WOULD EVEN CONSIDER GETTIN INVOLVED WITH

Apr 25, 2002
I remember slangin coke in front of David & Sons Liquors, shootin hoop with Big Lips Anthony in CHECKERS DRIVE, funkin with the CPL's @ Independence High and later becoming real tight with them, I remember when LCH first started *hint, hint STRANGERESSJ*, LCH homie Adam came to my house and gave me my first tattoo with a home-made tat gun, hangin out at Eastridge mall, the SJ vs. EPA wars, the SJ vs. Milpitas wars, Hangin out on Nancy Lane, going in and out of Juvenile Hall and the ranch, wearing my hair in braids, sportin khaki suits, hittin the hood up on the walls in blue spray paint we stole from Orchard Supply on Alum Rock, fuckin bitches in the back of my caddy behind the Welfare offices on King Rd., going to house parties, school dances, shootin shit up knowin that we would just go to Y.A. and be out before we was 25, the punk ass SJPD killing my cousin and tryin to charge me with his murder, lettin the homies pit bull terrorize all the other neighborhood dogs when we walked him, doin donuts in the middle of the park in the middle of that day, gettin my hair braided, hangin with the homies, goin to car shows, reppin that big bad ES anywhere we went, hangin at Juneteenth, going to the Freedom Train in Frisco, walkin to Star Records to go buy a tape, Capitol Square movies, writin raps all the time tellin fools that one day I will make records.....

The list goes on and on, these are just a few thangs..

SAN JO CITYs EAST SIDE

*and my boy STRANGERESSJ is as real as they come, I been knowin him from way back, he is a rider and he and his homies put it down for ESSJ all dam day

man i remember kickin it with my cuzin back when he was alive, rolling in that foos appel green 2000 Mustang. Goin 2 that East Side of town, there was always a mix of Nortenos Scraps and Latin Kings on the east side so there was always fuck poping off. Also 1 one of my best carrnales Mr. Pokie we would kick it n shit that foo an his brother Miugel was all was coo, but that fucker died as well an my cuzin david did. So now i dont really go out as much, i dont really see the point. Now that my cuzins gone an my homies gone 2 resting in a better place i hope. i just kick it at home wit my wife and go to work, just thinking about how things used 2 be. u know just wishing shit would go back the way it was. but yea back in the day shit was the bomb eNe.

Aug 6, 2002
I remember summer the most when I think of back in the day. I was torcido most of them but when I was like 15 I remember going to all the quincineras and shit just getting into trouble and shit. nothing that major just kicking it and having fun with the homies. One summer I remember lowrider bikes were the shit and me and the homies would go to the fulton mall and show are shit off. It was an outdoor mall and it would get packed with hoes and homies just loitering and shit.

Dec 17, 2002
@ Gangsta Reese
lol I remember you kickin it in front of David n Son's, with your "Black Superman" parka. Remember that?
Speaking of David n Son's, they sold it to some Asian dude about 3 months ago. That sign "WE DON'T CALL 911" with the gun-It's gone.
Have'nt seen Big Lips Anthony in years, I see his sister once in a while at Renato's.
LCH-AHAHA Those were the days.
ADAM (CASPER), CHAPARRO, BAIS, MORENO, and me
LOL at the home-made tat gun.
C-BLOCC you know.
7-11 beer runs
Pak n Save beer runs
Reese you got me in memory lane now.
Orale Reese, you did it bro. And still puttin it down
for the East Side and Checkers Drive.
Making music now. Good music at that.
Got the cd's, thanks.

Apr 25, 2002
Dont Trip

STRANGERESSJ said:
@ Gangsta Reese
lol I remember you kickin it in front of David n Son's, with your "Black Superman" parka. Remember that?
C-BLOCC you know.
Reese you got me in memory lane now.
Orale Reese, you did it bro. And still puttin it down
for the East Side and Checkers Drive.
Making music now. Good music at that.
Got the cd's, thanks.

Its all love, I still got that BLACC SUPERMAN jacket, it in the closet hangin up with some plastic over it. Dont even trip on them CDs cuzz, you the homie!!

Nov 27, 2002
I REMEMBER THEM OLD DAYS WHEN EVERYONE WOULD POST UP IN EAST SAN JO AT THE BROWN APARTMENT ON CAPITOL N ALUM ROCC AND NANCY LANE MY PRIMOS LIVED UP AN DOWN F BLOCC,AN WHEN EVERY FRIDAY N SATURDAY NIGHT HOMIEZ WOULD BE DEEP ON WHITE RD AT THE CAR WASH SHINING THEY SHIT UP AN WHEN THA FIFTIES WOULD CLOSE DOWN THA STRIP WE ALL POST UP AT JACC IN DA BOXXX ON ALUM ROCC AN GET AT THEM HOEZ.THEN COUPLE HOURS LATER BACC AT IT AGAIN ON THA STRIP,THEN BACC IN THA DAYS WHEN KID FROST TRIED TO WALK DOWNTOWN SAN JO AN GOT SOCCED UP WIT A 40 BOTTLE BY HOMIEZ AN THEN THE RIOT JUMPED OFF AN COPS ON HORSES WAS TRYING TO RUN HOMIEZ OVER HAHAHA DAMN THEM WAS THE DAYS OR WHEN RATZ ON CINCO DE MAYO WOULD FLAME UP JUST 2 CRUISE OR AT THE TROPICANA WHEN RATS WOULD WEAR THEY BEN DAVIS N BOOTS AN TRY TO ACT CRAZY KNOWIN THE PO PO'S WAS ON EVERY CORNER WATCHIN THEY BACCS,DAMN IMA GO ON AN ON HAHAHA,MISS THEM DAYS EVEN THO IM A 415 650 RIDA SAN JO IS AN ALWAYS WILL BE MY SECOND HOME