Old Live Intro

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2006
i used to love the robe entrances.....the only one that i saw that compared was the one where a tech dummy was on the bench the entire show and then when it was time for tech to come on he was actually sitting on the bench.

Apr 21, 2008
i used to love the robe entrances.....the only one that i saw that compared was the one where a tech dummy was on the bench the entire show and then when it was time for tech to come on he was actually sitting on the bench.

you talking about the halloween show in columbia for the strictly strange tour right?

Sep 22, 2006
tx for tha video man :D was this at a GOTJ or sumthing ?
I have no clue since I didn't make the video. I was wondering about the intro song, cause I've wanted to use it at the beginning of my DJ set for years now. I'm guessing it never seen the light of day outside the Strange vault after they stopped using it. Maybe it'll get released via "VT2" or used on a future release.

Feb 9, 2006
you talking about the halloween show in columbia for the strictly strange tour right?
He used that stunt the entire tour. Basically for anyone that didnt go to that tour, along the back of the stage, they had a bench with this guy sitting in a all black jumpsuit hunched over like he was fucked up, from the beginning of the show. Then once Techs set started, the lights started flashing and all of sudden that dummy came alive, started doin the little ticks that Tech does, he turns around takes off his hood and its Tech, he takes off the jumpsuit and goes right into his set.

tx for tha video man :D was this at a GOTJ or sumthing ?
No. I forget who made that vid, I believe it was someone from here, but they just used a bunch of different clips from Tech tours and compiled them into a sample live video that u see up top...

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
What with the lights going out for the introduction to Tech's set for Strictly Strange, I would say it's more likely that an actual "dummy" was sitting on the bench throughout the show, and then during the time the lights are out, the dummy was removed and Tech took it's place.

Aug 31, 2008
What with the lights going out for the introduction to Tech's set for Strictly Strange, I would say it's more likely that an actual "dummy" was sitting on the bench throughout the show, and then during the time the lights are out, the dummy was removed and Tech took it's place.
that sounds a lot more reasonable.

i cant picture tech sitting there still for 3 or so sets. sounds boring as fuck. i mean yeah he can go to sleep, i would also if i had to watch grave plott and whoever else

Feb 9, 2006
LOL @ u guys thinkin Tech actually sat there the entire show. It was obvious they switched it out in the darkness. Figured that just went without saying...

Aug 31, 2008
the way you said it in post #9 made me think that you thought it was real and i was laughing at you for a minute... just a misinterpretation. it was my bad... lol

Nov 9, 2006
from working the tour, just to clarify, and not to ruin the "magic".. Yea, it was just a scary ass dummy that actually looked alot like tech. Just in black pants and a black hoodie holding an empty beer can. What i guess you guys didnt notice is that the dummy was hooked up behind the stage to pump handles, and the dummys head would nod up and down as well as move other things.. It was very cool, but i feel not alot of people noticed it. When prozak was done, and they were removing his giant banner, tech would switch with the dummy as the banner was passing in front of it, and when his music intro would start, he'd jump up with the strobes. I have a picture of the dummy ill post later. It was indeed scary lol. Also, he didnt do that every show on strictly strange, seeing as they couldnt always fit it. But yea, hearing the people say "HOLY SHIT HE WAS THERE THE WHOLE FUCKIN TIME" was dope..cool effect. Ill upload the pic of the dummy in a bit