Official raiders off season thread...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2004
Lol damn. Sucks for Raider fans. Looks like another decade of failure coming up after you just finished a decade of failure. Said it from game 1 Allen sucks. Even Chris Townsend says he sees the same shit I do. A head coach on the sideline looking completely lost, not holding any players accountable and just completely over his head. If McKenzie doesn't nail the draft and get a handful of potential starters you guys will definitely be FUCKED. Bad drafts set you back years.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2004
Lol damn. Sucks for Raider fans. Looks like another decade of failure coming up after you just finished a decade of failure. Said it from game 1 Allen sucks. Even Chris Townsend says he sees the same shit I do. A head coach on the sideline looking completely lost, not holding any players accountable and just completely over his head. If McKenzie doesn't nail the draft and get a handful of potential starters you guys will definitely be FUCKED. Bad drafts set you back years.
Wow. You sure are smart. You should work in the NFL. You're practically right about everything.

You're also the reason people find it hard not to hate 49er fans.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
This team shouldn't even be evaluated til McKenzie gets a few drafts under his belt. They hired a scouting/drafting expert and he only got 1 pick in his first draft because the previous GM thought it was smart to trade multiple draft picks for guys in their 30s to finish with a losing record.

Jan 12, 2006
This team shouldn't even be evaluated til McKenzie gets a few drafts under his belt. They hired a scouting/drafting expert and he only got 1 pick in his first draft because the previous GM thought it was smart to trade multiple draft picks for guys in their 30s to finish with a losing record.
Good point, but if D.A doesn't work out that is on Reggie. After all he is the guy who hired D.A, a coach with ZERO head coaching experience and allowed D.A to take full control of assembling his staff. A staff that includes that bum Knapp and an unproven Tarver. Also as I posted in another thread I give props to Mark Davis for showing his face to the media and answering questions after that type of loss, he at least let the fans know he cares. Where has Reggie been though? Seems like he's letting his boss and the Head Coach take all the blame. You would think that would be Mark Davis' job to sit back and put all the blame on Reggie and Allen. Reggie has Zero experience as a GM and was chosen through a recommendation from John Madden (I think don't quote me on that) who has been out of the game for decades. Reggie might be a great talent evalutor but a GM needs to be able to do more then that in my opinion. Also the guy has made some picks, cuts, and signings from free agency, and none have been positive in my opinion. So lets not act like the guy has had ZERO opportunities to show his worth.

just my two cents, I would like to hear what Raiders fans think about reggie so far.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2006
Also maybe I went a little to far when I said none of his cuts have been positive, letting go of stanford routt was definitely a positive move for the franchise. Still can't believe some people tried to justify that signing when it was made a few years ago.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I think Routt is better than everybody the Raiders have as cornerbacks now. I'd take a few of his PI's or Illegal contact penalties because every now and then he'd come up with a pick. At least he's in the area. These schemes they're running now be leaving mf's wide open. Bring back Al Davis' man to man coverage....

Mark Davis is an idiot. He should have stuck with Jackson for another year or two since he was running the team his dad built just fine. He screwed it up. Most of the blame goes on Davis.

Reggie McKenzie needs to be sent back to GB.

DA, Knapp and Tarver don't know what they hell they're doing. The coaching staff looks incompetent.

If Al Davis was alive they all would be gone....

Props: IronLungs420

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Care to explain? Do you even watch Raider games? This is the worst (defensively) the Raiders have looked in years.... Their D don't exist.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Bad drafts aren't to blame. Yeah one pick or two might not work (JaMarcus Russell) but you can't blame a whole draft. You have to blame the coaching and whose decision it was to hire the coach.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
You have no idea that the team is bad. You think paying Stanford Routt 6 million is smart. You don't think drafts are important. You think Al Davis was doing a good job. You think McKenzie should be fired after only having 1 draft pick when he was hired to build through the draft.

Props: Chree

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
135 points given up over 3 weeks is bad! That's an average of 45 points per game, kid.

Stanford Routt was overpaid. I never said he wasn't but with the way our corners are playing now, we could use him. I'd rather see Routt with his usual face guard PI's as opposed to Huff getting abused out there. That last TD before the half was pathetic. How in the world did they give that up?

Al Davis left the team in good shape and had them on the right track.... 8-8 isn't bad. He left the Raiders with a brilliant offensive mind. Don't forget the Raiders put up 38 first half points against Denver a few years ago. It's taking them a few games just to get 38 points.

The Raiders are regressing and even Mark Davis has made an appearance to admit that.

If you hire imcompetent coaches, you can build through the draft all you want. The Raiders didn't need to rebuild. They have a good experienced qb, a good (when healthy running back), pretty good wide receivers in DHB and D Moore.. It's not like the Raiders were a 3-13 team last year.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2005
Good point, but if D.A doesn't work out that is on Reggie. After all he is the guy who hired D.A, a coach with ZERO head coaching experience and allowed D.A to take full control of assembling his staff. A staff that includes that bum Knapp and an unproven Tarver. Also as I posted in another thread I give props to Mark Davis for showing his face to the media and answering questions after that type of loss, he at least let the fans know he cares. Where has Reggie been though? Seems like he's letting his boss and the Head Coach take all the blame. You would think that would be Mark Davis' job to sit back and put all the blame on Reggie and Allen. Reggie has Zero experience as a GM and was chosen through a recommendation from John Madden (I think don't quote me on that) who has been out of the game for decades. Reggie might be a great talent evalutor but a GM needs to be able to do more then that in my opinion. Also the guy has made some picks, cuts, and signings from free agency, and none have been positive in my opinion. So lets not act like the guy has had ZERO opportunities to show his worth.

just my two cents, I would like to hear what Raiders fans think about reggie so far.
i think thats a fair assessment of the situation in oakland right now. I dont think reggie was a mistake to hire, but when im questiong his decision, then maybe im not completely sold on him haha but hiring DA so far has been a huge mistake. Letting him pick his coordinators was an even bigger fuck up. Special teams is horrible, offense besides carson is horrible, and defense is non existent. Mark Davis said it right, this team is regressing.

How do we go from almost beating the falcons and beating the steelers and winning 2 games in a row, to losing 3 consecutive blow outs. all over 38 points given up. Tarver and DA are in over their heads. Then knapp is just fucking knapp, the few times we won this year have been because of Palmer taking over and running no huddle and calling his own plays.

But it all boils down to the coaching and who hired them. Its sad to say it, but Hue jackson would have this team at a better record without a doubt. Especially if he hired a competent DC. But it is what it is and we'll continue to go forward and see if reggie can build off the draft.

I also dont agree with the cutting of routt. Even though hes not a good corner whatsoever, we're still paying him. I was initially okay with him getting cut because i thought chekwa and Van Dyke were going to get some reps, but no, reggie cut dyke and chekwa is on the PS. So why replace a lower caliber corner with other lower caliber corners(bartell, lee, hanson, spencer) who are in no way the future of your squad? But im okay with getting rid of wimbley, id rather have wheeler as a linebacker over wimbley.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
The Raiders are ranked dead last (32) in points given up... 32 points a game. I agree with Mac A$$ Vic, they should've kept Jackson and then hired a DC.

Jackson never even had CP3 and McFadden on the field at the same time and still managed to finish with respectable 8-8 record with a shot at the playoffs.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Why would you wanna be stuck in a continuous 8-8 cycle? If you hire McKenzie the plan is to build through the draft until you have a good young core then that's when you sign some free agents to put you over the top. Everyone in the world knew the Raiders would suck this year. Anyone smart anyway.

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
hue and saunders should still be leading this team!...the carson pick was meant to be complete with hue by his side calling shots,both of them running game,hell,hue should at least be this teams o.c right now!....now the shit is all fucked up once again! great!

Props: Tony