Official New Aliens vs Predator 3

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
lol, i was going to throw the nerd word around but talking with you and my knowledge on games it would have been throwing stones in a glass house

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
Discussing the PS3 problem, Brickley added:

"The one unforeseen issue was the matchmaking on PS3, that really came out of left field and we've still got Sony engineers helping us look into what is at fault. I understand why people question how it wasn't spotted sooner but we just can't replicate that kind of scale in normal testing.

"Had we left Create and Browse Games in there as with the full game the problem wouldn't have been so serious. Bottom line is we're really sorry to all those PS3 owners and are working as fast as possible to find a solution which will help them enjoy the demo too."

Looks like the ps3 demo was giving folks problems that's probably why you guys don't have much folks playing.

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
i never really had a problem. just joined my friends on my list and got in there pretty fast
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1069027p1.html

Updated Aliens vs. Predator Demo Available Now for PlayStation 3
Fixed.
LATEST IMAGES
View all 26 images
LATEST VIDEO
View all 15 videos

February 12, 2010 - SEGA and Rebellion can confirm that a new updated version of the Aliens vs. Predator demo is available now on PlayStation Network. The first iteration of the Aliens vs. Predator multiplayer demo has now been taken down from PlayStation Network and replaced with this new version.

The first iteration of the demo suffered matchmaking problems resulting in some players experiencing difficulties getting into matches. SEGA and Rebellion have worked closely with Sony to investigate and resolve the issue with this new demo. The new demo also features additional functionality to allow PlayStation 3 users to create their own matches and browse for any available ones to join.

Rebellion would also like to clarify the reasoning behind the choice of a Deathmatch multiplayer demo for Aliens vs. Predator.

"We chose Deathmatch as the mode for the demo as it's very familiar to all FPS gamers and minimizes restrictions on players while they are getting to grips with the controls of each of the three playable species" said Jason Kingsley, CEO and co-founder of Rebellion. "We have plenty of new modes in the game and players only have to wait a matter of days before they can play them when the game launches."

For advice on how to discern if you are playing on the old demo please visit http://www.sega.co.uk/news/?n=3939.

Aliens vs. Predator is set for release on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC Games For Windows on February 16th in North America and February 19th in Europe.

This probably why

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
probably wont play the demo anymore. if i have the old one can i play with people who have the new one?

already bought my copy. just waiting for tuesday

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
http://news.softpedia.com/news/AvP-Isn-t-In-the-Same-Multiplayer-War-With-Other-FPS-134803.shtml

AvP Isn't in the Same Multiplayer War with Other FPS
Its uniqueness won't force it to compete with games like Modern Warfare 2 or any of the Halos

By Florian Totu, Games Editor

February 12th, 2010, 12:09 GMT

Adjust text size:

Feel the sting
Enlarge picture
While the single player is definitely the biggest part of Rebellion's upcoming Aliens vs Predator, with three different campaigns and a powerful atmospheric and immerisve element, the game also has a multiplayer that can make its developers proud. The demo Rebellion released last week proved just that, with the matches being a very hectic experience, keeping you constantly on your toes, always on the lookout for the smallest sign of any of your three possible enemies. But AvP doesn't really feel threatened by the current kings of the FPS multiplayer scene, since it doesn't see itself as being part of the same war.

CVG had a chance to talk to Dave Brickley, the senior producer of Aliens Vs Predator, and asked him how the game would compare with others like Modern Warfare 2 or Halo. Brickley replyed that, "Those are really awesome games, and it's not hard to see why they are so dominant. Which is why it's nice not to be going into such a competitive market as a 'me too' shooter – FPS is just one of three strands in Aliens vs Predator, and it's that three species approach which means we have a unique opportunity to tear people away from what they may be enjoying."

Besides the strong survival-horror elements of the game, AvP has plenty of other things to set it apart from its competition. The cinematic stealth kills add a very personal touch to the multiplayer, as you'll not soon forget the nemesis that ripped out your spine or chomped on your skull. The game also has an obvious underdog, the Colonial Marine, the obvious prey, and many players will enjoy using him to try to turn the tables on his predators, feeling an extra satisfaction by winning a match with the "weakest character."

The full release of the game is expected to come next week, on February 16 in North America and on February 19 in Europe. It will be released on the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, so there shouldn't be any players complaining about a lack of Aliens, or Predators.