** Official Batman 3 - The Dark Knight Rises Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
shes old foo I think Katie Holmes was a better Rachael yes Maggie does have more acting expirience and she has the charisma to Racheals character but she looks old if she was younger maybe

also whats the deal with Barbara being the wife of Comitiner Gordon? isn't she his daugter and later becomes batgirl?
To me, she didn't fit.

Christopher Nolan's 2008 film The Dark Knight features Jim Gordon's family in a few scenes, including the climax. In the film, Gordon has a wife, named Barbara, and a young son and daughter. Though the daughter is unnamed in the film's dialog and credits, Gordon's son is named James Jr., so it is possible his daughter is named after her mother; and considering when the film takes place in the Batman chronology, she is old enough to be the Barbara Gordon known in common era of the comics.
they'll never advance the movie far enough into the future to see if Gordon's daughter in TDK will become Batgirl. She was only 6 or 7.

Mar 18, 2003
From what I've read, The Riddler is going to be in this movie. He just isn't going to be the "bad guy". What exactly his role will be in the film is beyond me. Devils advocate? Idk.

Oct 30, 2006
I'd like to see a Joker copycat character I hope 2face aint really dead. and its just Batman kicking ass. Maybe throw black mask in there. Have Batman go through a montauge of villians and at the end be like job is never done but there is an order to the chaos at the end..
If he puts 2face back in, Dark Knight wouldn't make any sense.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Yes, it would.

As previously stated, there's a perfectly good explanation as to how to sell to the audience a way of Batman redeeming himself to the city of Gotham through further dealings with Two-Face. See my hidden posts to find out why.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Also:

Rumor: Charlize Theron, Vera Farmiga and Kacie Thomas in Contention for ‘The Dark Knight Rises’

Posted on Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010 by Russ Fischer

Slow news day, more rumors. This time the wheel has come back around to The Dark Knight Rises, with word that three actresses have either been offered or auditioned for roles in Christopher Nolan‘s film. The rumor is good as a conversation starter more for the characters specified than for the names that are very tentatively attached to the roles.
Take this with a truck full of salt, but the rumor goes that Charlize Theron has been offered the role of Sarah Essen, and that Kacie Thomas and Vera Farmiga have auditioned for the role of Julie Madison. Why would those characters be noteworthy?
CBM has the rumor, and not much else. (Supposedly it comes from an unspecified agency source.)
Sarah Essen was invented by Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli as part of their Batman: Year One storyline, and is an officer with whom Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) has a brief affair. In a later appearance, she and Gordon married. If she ends up in the film, that would suggest that we’ll see a bit more substantive material for Gordon as well, and that’s a good thing. Gary Oldman will love having meatier scenes, and I’d love to see him play them. And, sure, Charlize Theron would be right for the character.
Julie Madison, meanwhile, appeared in Detective Comics right after Batman made his own first appearance in the late ’30s. At the time, the character was engaged to Bruce Wayne and unaware of his alter-ego. She was menaced by the actor Basil Karlo, the first incarnation of Clayface, so the rumor of the character’s inclusion in the script for The Dark Knight Rises is already leading to speculation that Clayface will appear as well.
Julie Madison has been revived in the comics a few times, including a couple of appearances where she was written by Matt Wagner. That incarnation seems to have slightly informed the Rachel Dawes character from Christopher Nolan’s first two Batman films. (Julie Madison has appeared onscreen, too, played briefly by Elle McPherson in Batman & Robin.) I love the idea of Vera Farmiga as a strong romantic lead, but again: we’re still in rumor town, so don’t get too attached to the idea.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I have not been feeling this new Batman trilogy so far. Only redeeming part of DK was Heath Ledgers performance and that's not gonna happen again lol.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Rumors: Tom Hardy To Play Dr. Hugo Strange in ‘The Dark Knight Rises;’ TV Show Coming

Posted on Wednesday, November 17th, 2010 by Germain Lussier

We’ve already reported on every single other rumored villain that might appear in Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises (The Riddler, Catwoman, Killer Croc) so why stop now? Once we make it through the entire Batman universe, we can link back to the single correct story, pull a Nikki Finke and say “Toldja!” So here goes.
The latest rumor is that Tom Hardy, who we know has been cast in the film, will be playing Dr. Hugo Strange, a possibility that has been discussed in the comments of almost every single one of our Batman posts. In the comics, Strange is a genius, mad scientist who becomes obsessed with Batman, learns his secret identity and ends up dressing up like him. Those are all links that certainly fit into Nolan’s universe, but until the director comes out and gives us an answer, it’s nothing more than speculation from an anonymous source. Read more about it, and a rumor about a Batman TV show, after the break.
The Tom Hardy rumor comes to us from Batman News, with a heads up from Collider.
My source strongly believes that Hardy is going to be playing Hugo Strange. This is the first bit of information from this person that I’m publishing, however they have been accurate in the past. For example, this person told me weeks before the recent Christoper Nolan interview that The Riddler would not be appearing in the film. They also mentioned that Rachel Weisz and Anne Hathaway were in the running for the lead female role a couple of weeks before Deadline posted their list.
So, the Batman News guys are confident in their source. We, of course, have to be a bit more skeptical without a name attached. Either way, Strange sounds like a pretty good educated guess. We know there are mad people running around Nolan’s Gotham, he likes to keep his villains slightly more grounded in reality, several characters have stumbled upon Batman’s true identity, and we’ve already seen people dress up like him too. So taking all that into consideration, and realizing Strange could slip in to the story through any one of those details, he seems like a natural fit.
But it’s not like we are ever at a loss for Batman rumors. There’s also the rumor that Warner Brothers will turn the franchise into a television series after the third film comes out, much in the vein of Smallville.
What do you think of Tom Hardy playing Dr. Strange in The Dark Knight Rises?

Jul 27, 2009
Heath Ledger to be in The Dark Knight Rises

HEATH Ledger might be making another movie — despite being dead.
Sources say Inception director Christopher Nolan is planning to use unseen footage from Ledger’s Dark Knight performance as the Joker in his upcoming Dark Knight Rises.
Ledger died back in 2008 after an accidental drugs overdose. He was 28.
“The idea is to use these fragments of cut scenes and use CGI to have The Joker appear one last time,” reveals a movie insider.
“Chris wants some continuity between movies and for the franchise to pay tribute to Heath and his portrayal of the Joker.
“It would only be a fleeting moment in the movie and would only be included with the full consent of Heath’s family.”

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/21...man-movie.html

Jan 18, 2006
jack nicholson will always be the best Joker fuck that retarded sounding, semen in his throat having faggot Heath Ledger. Dark Knight might go down as the most overrated movie of all-time

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
jack nicholson will always be the best Joker fuck that retarded sounding, semen in his throat having faggot Heath Ledger. Dark Knight might go down as the most overrated movie of all-time
i do enjoy this joker but...he falls in this catagory:

actors who basically play themselves in movies:

jack nicholson
denzzell washington
tom cruise
will smith
ben stiller

theres more but i think u catch my drift

Aug 19, 2004
I wasn't impressed with BATMAN BEGINS and to me, the reason why THE DARK KNIGHT was so good was mostly because of Ledger's performance.

There going to need a good villain, but one based closer in reality, considering what Nolan is going for. I would like to see Catwoman in the third film. But you'd need a sexy, dark haired woman who can also act to play the role. I can't see any top tier actresses like Megan Fox or Angelina Jolie doing justice to the role.

Also, anyone who likes Batman should read THE KILLING JOKE, and THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS.