** Official Batman 3 - The Dark Knight Rises Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2006
RIP to Heath but everyone was doubting Nolan with that choice and with the sequal then BAM!!! shit was fucking EPIC. now this one is the same type of doubt and IMO i think it's going to be great. only thing that throws me off in that trailer is i dont like that flying batpod shit. it doesnt look realistic at all so as of right now it doesnt fit for me.

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
The one thing you can count on in a Nolan Batman film is that new vehicles/gadgets will be introduced out of some sense of utility rather than sheer flashiness. That flying vehicle might seem out of place in the trailer, but it will likely make more sense when seen in context.

Honestly, I am as hyped for Bane as I was for The Joker. Ledger was always an interesting choice for me, and after the first photo of him as Joker came out, I was really looking forward to the movie. Now that we've seen a little Bane, I can tell that he's going to be incredible. Will Hardy win an oscar? Probably not. But since when does that really matter? I think TDKR will be in the same league as TDK. I'm not worried about it.

Nov 7, 2006
TDK's success was not majorly influenced by Ledger's death. If Ledger's death was a significant contributing factor, then why wasn't The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus a major hit?
lol who's saying it was? i know he won that oscar for being dead but the sale skyrocketed because it was an amazing film. it did great 1st day and even better as the days went from word of mouth.

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
lol who's saying it was? i know he won that oscar for being dead but the sale skyrocketed because it was an amazing film. it did great 1st day and even better as the days went from word of mouth.
Fillyacup was implying it by saying that the new movie would need something like Christian Bale dying in order for it to be up to par.

I don't think he won the oscar because he died. Not every actor who is nominated post-mortem wins. I think he won it because he had an outstanding performance.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
There's a fuck-ton of things happening in this movie. I have faith in Nolan's ability to create one narrative out of many, many different characters, but it's driving me nuts wondering what's going to happen and how R'as, Bane, and John Blake play into it.

That symbol being chalked onto the surface of something looks strikingly similar to Nightwing's emblem.

That's the one thing I take away from the trailer that just confuses the shit out of me. It's clearly meant to confuse people into thinking it's an unfinished batman symbol, but it's not at all.

Nolan is really drawing inspiration from the comics with this film, though. No Man's Land and the earthquake with gangs overrunning Gotham, Knightfall and the potential of "breaking" Batman and the other potential of someone standing in place for Batman while he heals, and The Dark Knight Returns showing Bruce come back years after he "retired" to finish his job as protector of Gotham.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I noticed in IGN'S rewind theater that the quick shot of catwoman and Batman fighting the rooftop, it looks like theres another caped person with a sword on the very left side of the screen.

Oct 23, 2009
Is it me or does Batman look and sound like JGL in certain parts? Like when Catwoman says "You don't owe these people anymore"....it doesn't sound like Bale with teh gritty voice. Or what about how the trailer insinuates its JGL as Batman, after the Bane initial cut-scenes all you see is JGL then suddenly you see the "A Fire Will Rise" and Batman actually looks a bit slimmer in the face from the typical Bale look.

Nov 7, 2006
Is it me or does Batman look and sound like JGL in certain parts? Like when Catwoman says "You don't owe these people anymore"....it doesn't sound like Bale with teh gritty voice. Or what about how the trailer insinuates its JGL as Batman, after the Bane initial cut-scenes all you see is JGL then suddenly you see the "A Fire Will Rise" and Batman actually looks a bit slimmer in the face from the typical Bale look.
thats one of the biggest rumor floating around on websites. all those clips you talk about though is definetly bale. reason he didnt have his accent during the catwomen scene was because catwomen at that time knows he's bruce i think. i think this movie will end with bruce wayne getting really injured and JGL taking the throne. Batman is the symbol that is important and thats the main focus all these movies stress the most. Bruce is just a human.

Nov 7, 2006
^^^The other possibility is that he just toned down the Batman voice. It sounds more like his voice from Batman Begins.
i thought that aswell until the end where he said to catwomnen "this isnt a car" shit was toned the exact way it's always been. i just think the scene where catwomen is crying looking into a cage is the scene she realizes bruce is batman. then you have the scene where JGL is talking to catwomen but as selena so he obviously knows who catwomen is so maybe just maybe they both know who batman really is aswell.