**Official AMC show "The Walking Dead" Thread - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2006
^^^then i guess i'm dumb then lol. for the most part i think his surviving skills are better than most on the show. he'd kill anyone just to survive and thats an important trait to have in the world there in. only thing that holds him back is his temper and thats what makes him flawed. but with the right mindset and shanes surviving mentality i bet you'd survive longer than rick would or anyone else for that matter.

Dec 4, 2006
^^^then i guess i'm dumb then lol. for the most part i think his surviving skills are better than most on the show. he'd kill anyone just to survive and thats an important trait to have in the world there in. only thing that holds him back is his temper and thats what makes him flawed. but with the right mindset and shanes surviving mentality i bet you'd survive longer than rick would or anyone else for that matter.

I'd hate to live in a world like that ALONE.....that shit would make somebody go crazy!

Nov 7, 2006
I'd hate to live in a world like that ALONE.....that shit would make somebody go crazy!
yeah i agree but if i wanted to survive i wouldnt want to be with all those weak links either. i mean if anyone was able to make it on there own with how they go about surviving only Shane and Rick would survive. but if shane had too he'd drop a man just to escape and rick wouldn't do that even if it meant his kid would die, he's just get eaten right by the other dude's side.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
i wasnt saying anybody who agrees with him is dumb, i was trying to say that shane lacks a moral code, he sees his actions as not being wrong, but simply 'actions', he sees no consequences for anything he does and feels no sympathy or remorse, and is lacking in character much like a sociopath. there is no "right or wrong" with shane in the traditional sense, hes been completely taken over by animalistic basic survival instincts.

im still kind of on the fence as to whether or not its a good or bad thing. seems rick isnt as strong as i thought he was, hes having a lot of trouble dealing wiht being 'the leader' and all the other emotional stuff hes been going through recently, so maybe shane taking over somewhat would be a good idea. but then again itd be a bad idea. when you start thinking of real live persons as being "weak links in a chain", or as dead weight that needs to be dropped off, i.e. these people should die so that you can live a little bit longer, thats very wrong and no matter the circumstances it goes against human nature.

and you cant say that youd be safer with someone who would do anything to survive, even shoot you in the back and kill you, that doesnt make sense. if anything youd be even worse off.

ill have to wait and see how it folds out more

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
and you cant say that youd be safer with someone who would do anything to survive, even shoot you in the back and kill you, that doesnt make sense. if anything youd be even worse off.

that old man knows whats up. he sees that shane is more dangerous than the zombies themselves. if not more "dangerous" than the zombies in regards to simple threat to immediate physical safety, hes definitely dangerous in regards to the long term emotional and mental stability of the group, and ultimately their long term physical safety as well, as the likelihood of a scenario arising where shane would choose between himself and another member of the group or the group as a whole is very high

i dont know what im talking about. lol its a fuckin tv show, im bored at work my bad

Nov 7, 2006
i wasnt saying anybody who agrees with him is dumb, i was trying to say that shane lacks a moral code, he sees his actions as not being wrong, but simply 'actions', he sees no consequences for anything he does and feels no sympathy or remorse, and is lacking in character much like a sociopath. there is no "right or wrong" with shane in the traditional sense, hes been completely taken over by animalistic basic survival instincts.

im still kind of on the fence as to whether or not its a good or bad thing. seems rick isnt as strong as i thought he was, hes having a lot of trouble dealing wiht being 'the leader' and all the other emotional stuff hes been going through recently, so maybe shane taking over somewhat would be a good idea. but then again itd be a bad idea. when you start thinking of real live persons as being "weak links in a chain", or as dead weight that needs to be dropped off, i.e. these people should die so that you can live a little bit longer, thats very wrong and no matter the circumstances it goes against human nature.

ill have to wait and see how it folds out more
Shane is trying to leave so he doesnt hurt anyone he loves. he seems well aware of what he's capable of and he knows he'd be better off on his own. and i'm just saying in realistic terms shane would have a better chance at survivng then anyone else in the group. that old dude is a fucking idiot for trying to get rid of the guns especially in that type of setting. and shane was an idiot for going crazy like that and making everyone shoot the zombies. but that was the exact reason shane wanted to leave. he's not meant to be in a big group because he can snap at any minute and he knows that.

and he had alot of remorse when he killed ol fatboy but i think him doing that ultimately killed any "human nature" he had. it seems to me like he knows he's broken and wants to leave so he doesn't do it to anybody else.

Dec 4, 2006
Hell yeah that was great episode...

Rick is a fucking leader and showed it again why he's the leader of the pack!

I can't wait for next Sunday though, shit gonna be bananas son!

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
Yeah Ricks wife is a fucking stupid fucking slore. I also agree Rick was a savage for smokin those dudes! I predict Shanes weirdo ass will get murked off sooner or later. And Hershel is a pretty fucking dumb motherfucker himself. Only dude Besides rick who I see really savin it out and surviving til the end is Daryl, Daryl was like "Bitch I'm done looking for these fucking idiots" LMFAO!

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
POSSIBLE SPOILER

Jon Berenthal is supposedly being looked at for Darabont's "LA NOIR" TV show and has been in talks of taking the lead role.

(No relation to LA Noire the game)