Official 2012 Kansas City Chiefs

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
And here we go.........

By Adam Schefter | ESPN
EMAIL
PRINT
The Kansas City Chiefs will fire coach Romeo Crennel on Monday, but not general manager Scott Pioli, at least not now, according to league sources.

The Chiefs finished 2-14 and earned the top pick in the 2013 NFL draft.

In the preseason, the Chiefs had been predicted to finish near the top of the AFC West. But injuries and ineffective plays derailed them, along with tragedy off the field, when Jovan Belcher killed his girlfriend before committing suicide at the team's practice facility on Dec. 1.

The Chiefs offense struggled mightily this season and Crennel benched starting quarterback Matt Cassel for Brady Quinn. He also fired himself as defensive coordinator and appointed Gary Gibbs to the same role. But neither change sparked the team.

The 65-year-old Crennel, who was promoted by Kansas City to replace Todd Haley during the 2011 season, has had just one winning season in five years as an NFL head coach and has a 28-55 career record.

Pioli, 47, joined the Chiefs in 2009 after nine seasons with the Patriots, where he helped to build New Englands dynasty. But he has failed to turn around the Chiefs, who are 23-40 in his four seasons.

One of Pioli's first significant moves in 2009 was trading for Cassel, who'd been impressive as a fill-in for injured Patriots starter. Pioli proceeded to sign Cassel to a six-year, $63 million deal.

The Chiefs haven't won a playoff game since 1993. This season was Kansas Citys fifth losing season in six years.

How in the FUCK can this owner keep Pioli!!!?!???????

This man has damaged this organization from the inside out! NO FAN has any faith in this man and now Clark Hunt is giving this man the 1 fucking chance we have had in forever to draft #1 Overall Pick.

Pioli picked Tyson Jackson and Jonathon Baldwin for fucks sake!!!

I am so fucking tired of this organization.........

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Monday that Romeo Crennel has been relieved of his duties as head coach.

Crennel, 65, was named Kansas City’s 12th head coach in franchise history on Jan. 9, 2012. He compiled a 2-14 regular season record in 2012 and finished the 2011 season 2-1 as the club’s interim head coach.

"I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for Romeo, both personally and professionally,” Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt said. “He is an accomplished coach, a man of great character and he helped guide our football team through some extremely challenging circumstances this season.

“However, I am embarrassed by the poor product we gave our fans this season, and I believe we have no choice but to move the franchise in a different direction. I will immediately begin the search for the next head coach of the Chiefs. The entire football operation will remain under review, and there may be additional changes to come. No final determination has been made at this point on the future of General Manager Scott Pioli.

“Finally, I want to personally apologize to our fans for our performance this season. We are blessed to play for some of the best and most passionate fans in the National Football League and they deserve better than what we gave them this season. I want our fans to know that I will do everything I can to provide them with a dramatically better team – both next season and in the seasons to come – and our entire organization appreciates their support.”

Please contact Ted Crews in the Chiefs communications department with any questions or inquiries.
Looks like Clark Hunt is leaving it up to the new Head Coach to determine Scott Pioli's future.

Poor Romeo though........he needs to stick to DC position.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
Chiefs on verge of hiring Andy Reid?

UPDATED JAN 3, 2013 11:46 AM ET

Although early reports this week had Andy Reid set to jump to Arizona to coach the Cardinals, a new team instead appears close to landing the biggest fish in the NFL’s head-coaching hunt.

WALKING PAPERS
Which NFL head coaches have been fired? Find out right here.
The Kansas City Chiefs are on the verge of an agreement to hire Reid as the team’s new head coach, according to an ESPN report that cited league sources.

The report said “the major issues have been discussed and agreed upon” after Reid, fired Monday as coach of the Philadelphia Eagles after 14 seasons, met at a private airport in Philadelphia on Wednesday with the Chiefs’ executive group consisting of owner Clark Hunt, general manager Scott Pioli, executive Ryan Petkoff and president Mark Donovan.

The Chiefs, coming off a dismal 2-14 season, fired Romeo Crennel as head coach on Monday. By sporting the league’s worst record, the Chiefs will have the first selection in the NFL Draft in April.

According to the report, Reid had been expected to fly to Arizona to talk with the Cardinals about their head-coaching vacancy after the Cardinals fired Ken Whisenhunt. But after a day of smooth negotiations between the Chiefs and Reid, the apparent expectation among all parties involved is that an agreement will be reached quickly.

COACHING CANDIDATES
See who the hottest names are as teams hunt for new head coaches.
One source reportedly close to the ex-Eagles coach said early Thursday that “this is going to happen fast.”

Reid is the winningest coach in Eagles history (130-93-1, .583) and led them to seven NFC East titles during his tenure, including a run of four straight NFC Championship Games, a streak that ended with a Super Bowl trip after the 2004 season, and a loss, 24-21 to the New England Patriots.

Despite the unmatched level of success in Philadelphia, the team hasn't won a playoff game since 2008.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Immediately makes the Chiefs better if he comes to KC

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
As long as Pioli ain't got all the power then I don't mind if he stays on in some capacity. He's been knocked off his high horse and I don't believe in kickin him when he's down.
Pioli was officially fired today! It's a great day in Chiefs Kingdom!

Andy Reid looking at 49ers player Personnel and the packers Guy.....

5 year deal for Reid to coach in KC. I'm Hype!!

Clark Hunt took back his fan base today!

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
Bowe will stay.......Reid is a pass first coach, so why would Bowe leave?

Andy Reid press conference today was pretty awesome. Much different than Crennel.

I am ready for football season again, oh wait...........nope......we still need a QB!!