Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
Frank Ocean - Lovecrimes (Pinoal Edit)
Barcelona’s Hivern Discs featured this minimal-discoesque Frank Ocean remix halfway through their Label of the Month podcast at Resident Advisor earlier this week, and now we have the full edit. The original “Lovecrimes” was vaguely danceable in a slowly stomping kind of way, but here rising Madrid star Pional speeds things up appropriately, chopping the track around Ocean’s ad-libbed “crazy,” and brightening the song throughout. It’s something like a Frank-Ocean-Moodymann hybrid, which is insane and also not that insane to think about.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall

Want to become a sell-out? Just ask Odd Future’s Tyler, the Creator. The group’s eccentric frontman told Paper magazine his tips on how to properly capitalize on one’s musical success by selling out, outlining the 10 steps to shredding all credibility. While his suggestions may seem like self-sabotage, there’s an art to making sure you make all the wrong decisions.
See how Tyler recommends flushing your hard work down the drain, and it doesn’t include signing a major label deal with Bad Boy or Roc Nation.

1. Buy a mink made out of an ostrich’s ass.
2. Do a song with some artist who sounds stupid.
3. Get a photo with Justin Bieber wearing a green jacket.
4. Get some ice gold. It has to be gold.
5. Have a sex tape with a Disney star.
6. Make a gospel album.
7. Do a commercial for fucking Kia.
8. Get a fucked up haircut like will.i.am.
9. Make shit that sounds different from your first album.
10. Make a dance record with Lil’ Zane.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
It still baffles me on how much quite a few people read into some of the stuff they say both on and off record. It's a bunch of pretty talented kids fucking around and making some really dope and refreshing music for the most part. I hear a lot of negative stuff about the god disses, 666 stuff, rape, acting weird, etc but that's mostly Tyler, Earl here and there, and Hodgy Beats a few times. Plus the amount of people that have only heard about Tyler and talk shit about them all is pretty puzzling too. Oh well, things should get a lot more interesting until their buzz does top out, which it will at some point of course, but I think they will be around for quite sometime even when the initial buzz does finally quite down.

Also Tyler is a smart kid, he knows that he doesn't need the labels as much as a lot of them need him. He grew up on the internet, he knows how to work it to his advantage and that lables in the traditonal sense are trying to stay relevent in anyway they can. I think he/they will sign to someone eventually, at very least for distrabution which I think would be their best option.

lopro

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
I'll just throw a plethora of shit I've come across:

Didn't expect this cosign.

I know 0R0 posted this a while back but this will be on Goblin. Curious to see how he will flow on this.

Au 79 on Vimeo
http://vimeo.com/3719548

If your into the industry, their manager drops some game on the industry and Odd Future's ethics. A good watch in my book.

Oct 6, 2005
It still baffles me on how much quite a few people read into some of the stuff they say both on and off record. It's a bunch of pretty talented kids fucking around and making some really dope and refreshing music for the most part. I hear a lot of negative stuff about the god disses, 666 stuff, rape, acting weird, etc but that's mostly Tyler, Earl here and there, and Hodgy Beats a few times. Plus the amount of people that have only heard about Tyler and talk shit about them all is pretty puzzling too. Oh well, things should get a lot more interesting until their buzz does top out, which it will at some point of course, but I think they will be around for quite sometime even when the initial buzz does finally quite down.

Also Tyler is a smart kid, he knows that he doesn't need the labels as much as a lot of them need him. He grew up on the internet, he knows how to work it to his advantage and that lables in the traditonal sense are trying to stay relevent in anyway they can. I think he/they will sign to someone eventually, at very least for distrabution which I think would be their best option.
Think Tyler signed with XL... UK label...

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Seriously? lmao

Also I'm pretty sure I mentioned that was gonna be on Goblin already tony. That interview with clancy was kind of weak actually, mostly talked about how unprepared he was coming into the industry and how different the game is nowadays. No game was given imo, unless you haven't been paying attention to how the music industry works since like, 1985 lol. I'll watch the next part/s tho.