Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Tyler, the Creator gave Odd Future its first big look on the charts with his top 5 solo debut Goblin, and now his fellow member Frank Ocean is following suit with his own commercial release.

After Def Jam held off on releasing his debut Nostalgia, Ultra, OFWGKTA’s resident crooner took matters into his own hands, offering the album as a free download on his website. The online freebie became such a sensation that his label took notice and has decided to release it in stores.

Def Jam has pegged a July 26 release for the project, Rap-Up.com has learned. One of the tracks, the Tricky Stewart-produced “Novacane,” will be released digitally to iTunes ahead of the album on May 31. It is currently unknown which songs will make the commercial release and if there will be new tracks added.

The 23-year-old singer-songwriter, who resides in Los Angeles, has been in the studio with Beyoncé, Nas, and most recently Swizz Beatz, who tweeted, “wow the man has real talent much respect to him 100%.”
http://www.rap-up.com/2011/05/19/frank-oceans-debut-nostalgia-ultra-to-get-commercial-release/

Regardless of my feelings on modern R&B congrats to Frank Ocean. Kind of fucked up they put him on the backburner and then when he released it for free himself and got a strong buzz were like "oh, we can make money off this? Cool." But anyways, I wonder if it will have any of the OF members as features. Probably not.

Couple of new interviews:

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Stop trying to steer the thread back on course nukse, this page is about v nasty now.

I'm not sure Jesse, she looks like she could possibly be 1/4 black at most, but if she's from Oakland I wouldnt doubt shes full white and addicted to saying nigga lol.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
http://www.rap-up.com/2011/05/19/frank-oceans-debut-nostalgia-ultra-to-get-commercial-release/

Regardless of my feelings on modern R&B congrats to Frank Ocean. Kind of fucked up they put him on the backburner and then when he released it for free himself and got a strong buzz were like "oh, we can make money off this? Cool." But anyways, I wonder if it will have any of the OF members as features. Probably not.

Couple of new interviews:

i fuck with dudes music..real shit, its a fresh a breath air and i dig the fuck out of R&B

Jan 9, 2009
theres been lots of drum and bass with hip hop bofre

theres been a few..you can count on your fingers how many tho.
zion i, adam f/redman, jungle brothers, krs1, etc...
but i wanna see a shitload of drum n bass rap tracks droppin from the sky like how this house movement has taken over radiio

Grapes you know the British been doing that.
YEP YEP MI SELEKTAH!
CAN I GET A LIL MORE VOLUME ON DA SET PLEASE!
ENGINEER ENGINEER...MORE VOLUME ON DA SET PLEASE!

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
back to OF though, i've been listening to goblin for a while now and i'm going to have to give it a 3.43 out of five. the songs i like, i really do like, but the worldplay is insufficient to make up for some of the beats. but even those beats that i don't like that much, i still like (in a weird way). '

the LP did fall in line with my expectation of the album, having gained most of my info from this thread until they started touring and gettin written up in a couple places here and there.

after reading that stuff on Earl though, itd' be interesting to see what he'd bring to the game. but it sounds like his parents are pretty dope and involved in his life, which is overall a great thing. i wouldn't blame him for not making music anymore. but what a pedigree to come from (in regards to his pops). south african poet? ugghhhh, shitten on the game with that one.

anyways, i like tyler's overall sound. i could definitely hear that 'she' song (i think that's the name of the one w/ frank ocean) being mainstream.

though i really anticipated what OF and goblin were going to bring to the game, it wasn't much of a game changer, IMO at least. if you really wanna be real, kanye west has totally rearranged the game, making semi-gay shit kinda trendy. and i'm not hating on him either because i like kanye's music, but all that 'high fashion' type shit and wearing gucci back packs is on the fruit side of the game to me.

i keep getting off point, but while i appreciate goblin for what it is, it really is an extension of bastard and whatever else music i'd already from the group (or tyler himself). i'm completely interested in the future for this dude. and like i said, the songs that i do like, i like a lot, so more power to the dude. my 3.43 out of five (which is not a great score, IMO, but is respectable) is not a hate on the album at all. but it's not on classic status or anything.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
maybe a three point five (jeether eighth) if i'm feeling generous.

which is like a seven out of ten.

which is why i ended up giving it a three point four three (super jeether eighther) because it was just OK, not enough to crack the seven mark.