Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
It was disappointing seeing Earl say he hasn't been writing much. Was kinda hoping he'd have 50 binders of shit to record the day he got back. I guess I thought with his attitude he'd be ready to jump into the spotlight but it doesn't really seem like that's the case from what his mom was saying.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
It was disappointing seeing Earl say he hasn't been writing much. Was kinda hoping he'd have 50 binders of shit to record the day he got back. I guess I thought with his attitude he'd be ready to jump into the spotlight but it doesn't really seem like that's the case from what his mom was saying.
Exactly. Remember that he knew his mom was mediating this exchange, so who knows how genuinely he was expressing his true feelings and plans for the future. We'll just have to wait and see.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
I doubt earl ever wanted to be a big famous rapper anyway. didn't they say he was all shy about rapping in front of people. they had to kick everyone out the studio and put a curtain over the window of the booth to get him to rap. in his video, it's only him and the camera when he's rapping. this shy bitch would never be able to get on stage and do all the shit tyler does.

Nov 7, 2006
^^and tyler will never have rhymes like earl so i guess it evens out. i can care less about earl live, i just want an album since he has so much potential it's ridiculous. even if he did tone his shit down it can still be some sick shit.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
yeah, but earl is probably contemplating if he wants to be famous or not. I don't think he does. he makes another album now that OF has a record deal and there's no going back. he still has the choice of just going to college and leading a normal boring life without photographers following him and whatnot.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
He isn't quitting. These emails were like third person too, the writer would email the mom who would email Earl and then email the reply. Of course he isn't going to be like FUCK MY MOM! or something lol. Even if he doesn't rap about crazy ass shit anymore Earl is still going to more than likely be dope as fuck when he gets back.

May 31, 2010
I doubt earl ever wanted to be a big famous rapper anyway. didn't they say he was all shy about rapping in front of people. they had to kick everyone out the studio and put a curtain over the window of the booth to get him to rap. in his video, it's only him and the camera when he's rapping. this shy bitch would never be able to get on stage and do all the shit tyler does.
theres been plenty famous musicians who were super shy and didnt even show their face on stage. just cause your shy doesnt mean your not talented.

Jan 9, 2009
Odd Future show ends at Majestic after bottles thrown

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110517...t-Majestic-after-bottles-thrown#ixzz1McusWhdn

Monday's sold-out Odd Future show at the Majestic Theatre in Detroit ended abruptly after several glass bottles were thrown onto the stage and nearly struck members of the group.
It was the second incident of bottle throwing during the show, which marked the first area appearance of the white hot Los Angeles shock rap collective. During the set's opening minutes, a bottle hurtled from the audience nearly hit the group's DJ, Syd the Kyd, and emcees Tyler, the Creator and Hodgy Beats admonished the crowd and told them to cool out.
The set continued unabated for nearly an hour, until another bottle was tossed on stage and lightly grazed the cheek of group member Domo Genesis. Tyler warned the crowd if another bottle was thrown they'd be forced to leave the stage, and another bottle was tossed on stage almost immediately.
A minor fracas occurred in the crowd, and Tyler removed his shirt and threatened, from the stage, to go into the crowd after the bottle thrower. A crowd member was identified and removed from the building by security, and Tyler attempted to steer the show back onto course. But Syd walked off stage and the other members followed, with Tyler finally telling the crowd that the show was over. Scattered boos were heard in the audience as the house lights and house music came up, and the crowd filed out of the theater.
Monday's show came at a time when interest in Odd Future — full name: Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All — is hitting a fever pitch. The concert was originally scheduled at the Magic Stick, the smaller club inside the Majestic Theatre complex, but was moved to the much larger Majestic Theatre after tickets sold out in less than a day.
Odd Future is quickly building a reputation for its rowdy, high-energy live shows and its anti-social attitude. A popular refrain from the group is "kill people, burn (expletive), (expletive) school," and much has been made of the group's misogynistic lyrics and taboo-pushing subject matter.
The 11-member group is the subject of an 8,000-word piece in the new issue of the New Yorker, which exhaustively details the band's roots and tells the story of the group's long-missing member, Earl Sweatshirt. Meanwhile, Tyler, the Creator's second album "Goblin" was released last week, the first Odd Future project to get a proper release in stores.
Tyler plays the evil, demented tormentor on record, but on stage Monday he was in high spirits, even as he was fighting a nasty cold that threatened his voice. He dove into the crowd during set opener "Sandwitches," and seemed genuinely touched when a fan gave him a new pair of Vans, which he tweeted about needing earlier in the day. Before ending the show, he had complimented the crowd on its energy and for showing their appreciation to the group.
There were about four songs left in its setlist when the show was called off, according to the group's rep.
Among those in the audience at the show were D12 member Denaun Porter and Eminem's DJ, the Alchemist.

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
Why the hell do people pay for tickets to show just to throw bottles and f--k it up for everyone? I never understood that...