Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 14, 2002
smh from the music i heard so far i dont see how anybody can take what tyler says to the heart.i just listened to a song and he said something like "fuck whoever listening to my song right now" i just sat there with a plain look on my face like WHAT THE FUCK......then i busted out laughin lol. tryin to use a quote against tyler just dont make since to me.

Jan 9, 2009

"FUCK BILLBOARD. THIS CLUB FUCKING SUCKS."

MORE SHIT TALKING TO THE SOUNDMAN VIDEO AT THE LINK:
http://www.prefixmag.com/news/another-post-about-odd-futures-performancefuck-bil/50449/

So, as I figured would happen, one of the biggest stories from SXSW's final day is the fact that Odd Future ran off the stage at Billboard Bungalow, after telling the crowd, the club and the magazine to fuck off. I was there, and the more I think about it, the more I think that will be the SXSW show (along with the group's show at Fader Fort by Fiat) I remember in 10 years. I'll forget ever seeing OMD at Stubb's, but Odd Future telling me to go fuck myself before storming offstage, is damn memorable. It was punk as fuck.

But the music press is still talking about it, with reactions ranging from outraged to spot-on. Here's a rundown:

The New York Times just sorta mentioned it, and then said they were complaining about microphones. Which is true, but that wasn't the whole story. You can watch video of the disaster above thanks to the Rap Up. Billboard did their best to cover it without being openly angry, laughingly being unable to call out the new MellowHype song that got performed between "Sandwitches" and "Yonkers," and misspelling "Grillade" as "Griod," who it's worth mentioning, are not Big K.R.I.T.'s "band." Here's Billboard's video of the meltdown too. Listen for Left Brain saying "I want to hear my production." The funniest stage banter of the fest, pretty much.

Jul 22, 2008
www.youtube.com

"FUCK BILLBOARD. THIS CLUB FUCKING SUCKS."

MORE SHIT TALKING TO THE SOUNDMAN VIDEO AT THE LINK:
http://www.prefixmag.com/news/another-post-about-odd-futures-performancefuck-bil/50449/

So, as I figured would happen, one of the biggest stories from SXSW's final day is the fact that Odd Future ran off the stage at Billboard Bungalow, after telling the crowd, the club and the magazine to fuck off. I was there, and the more I think about it, the more I think that will be the SXSW show (along with the group's show at Fader Fort by Fiat) I remember in 10 years. I'll forget ever seeing OMD at Stubb's, but Odd Future telling me to go fuck myself before storming offstage, is damn memorable. It was punk as fuck.

But the music press is still talking about it, with reactions ranging from outraged to spot-on. Here's a rundown:

The New York Times just sorta mentioned it, and then said they were complaining about microphones. Which is true, but that wasn't the whole story. You can watch video of the disaster above thanks to the Rap Up. Billboard did their best to cover it without being openly angry, laughingly being unable to call out the new MellowHype song that got performed between "Sandwitches" and "Yonkers," and misspelling "Grillade" as "Griod," who it's worth mentioning, are not Big K.R.I.T.'s "band." Here's Billboard's video of the meltdown too. Listen for Left Brain saying "I want to hear my production." The funniest stage banter of the fest, pretty much.
pretty old

curious...how old is Syd ?

Jan 9, 2009
Hodgy jumps off the roof into the crowd

lol @ the comments on the youtube page:
I was there, front row. I was one of the people Hodgy landed on. He swagged the shit out of me

XanaxHoe69 1 day ago

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
What if Odd Future wants tacos?

While Tyler, the Creator may be Odd Future's outspoken mouthpiece and (currently missing) Earl Sweatshirt the group's most intriguing member, MellowHype's Hodgy Beats and Left Brain are no less talented and the pair are primed to start making a lot of noise themselves.

MellowHype consists of producer Left Brain and rapper Hodgy Beats, and they performed alongside Tyler during OF's watershed moment on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" in February.

The duo first met in high school and went on to release two albums, YelloWhite and BlackendWhite, last year, while Hodgy released his solo The Dena Tape in 2009. Both MellowHype projects were well-received and they plan to re-release a re-mastered version of BlackendWhite through their new label, Fat Possum. And that's not all. When MTV News caught up with the duo in Austin during South by Southwest, Hodgy said they planned to drop a lot more material.

"We're trying to put out, like, two albums this year, even if it's not put out, we're trying to make two albums. I'll have my solo album, so for me it will be like three albums," Hodgy said. "We're pretty much already finished with the new MellowHype project, which is called MellowHype Numbers. We have 2 more songs to record and then it's done."

Hodgy said they had been working out of the studio in engineer Syd's house for the last four years, typically crank out three songs a day.

"I'll sit there, we'll build and the next thing you know we have a song. We have the chorus, we have the ad-libs finished, we have the hook, we have everything we want. It's not hard, because I'm not working. I'm just enjoying my task."

Despite the whirlwind Odd Future has been swept up in over the last few months, Hodgy said he was shocked by the impact their music has made. The L.A. group has appeared in and on the cover of several magazines, got "signed" in a Funny or Die video and arguably made the most noise coming out of Austin for SXSW.

For Left Brain, the highlight of his time in Texas was when the group enjoyed some "good-ass tacos" with Jay-Z. (The group first met with Jay, weeks ago, during their brief East Coast tour.)

"It was hard for me to look at Jay-Z for 10 minutes. Like, real sh--, this is the godfather of music," Hodgy said. " 'I just shook his hand in his house.' Honestly, it made me want to work harder. Jay-Z is amazing."
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1660433/odd-future-mellowhype-jay-z.jhtml

Sounds like at very least Numbers and Hodgy Beats solo will be out this year. Dope.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I would wait for a better source than ONLY taco before I would run with that lol. None of the other members are talking about that, just the disgruntled "ex-member".

Aug 23, 2002
Been lurking this thread for a while. After Nuttkase posted what albums to download a long time ago I dled all of them, after listening for a while here and there. All of there shit is dope.

Don't know why I never posted but these motherfuckers are the truth. It's weird seeing someone actually talented and different getting recognition. I like it. I hope they continue their weird ass crazy style and don't change for no one, obviously I don't think they will. Who woulda thought some shit like this would be blowing up?

I like that they stay different and continue to impress me with great production, lyrics... fuck it great everything lol. If none of the big record labels know what to do with them, then fuck them. With the type of cult status they have and still are gaining they could do major numbers with their own indie label. If they can't do it on their own I hope they sign with an indie label that knows what to do with them.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
i to have been observing. throwing random props out..there are links to DL these guys? i need to see what all the fuss is about

next poster is a fucking idiot

Feb 7, 2006
man Tyler is on his music game for a 19 yr old black kid from LA this nigga knowin bout goblin and electro scores for suspiria and shit...SWAG!