Oakland/Eastbay to lose all professional sports teams?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
Yeah i wont support the Raiders if they move to LA just like if the Warriors change the name to San Francisco. San Jose A's i can tolerate but thats just me, prefered them moving to Fremont if they have to move but it is what it is.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
fuck the warriors. I dont give a fuck what happens to them. I cant stand it when people say oakland is ghetto, cause theres some super nice areas, and then theres some bad areas, but its just like any fuckin big city. If you make a wrong turn by the collisuem and get scared, then you a fuckin pussy. straight up pussy.

Raiders might move, but it aint this year, and im going to every home game. Die hard fan for life, dont care if they stay here or move to la or canada or whatever, theyre my team. I personally think they gonna stay. I think its safe to say as long as theyre still in the hunt for the playoffs, they will sell out all those games.

As for the a's, I hope they stay, and want them to stay at least locally, but with wolf as the owner, thats not gonna happen. I think its time for us a's fans to just face the facts about the a's moving, cause its only a matter of time.

W.Sprayah @W.Sprayah so who would you root for instead? the niners? you might as well switch now, or stop watching football

Jun 23, 2005
i could never root for another football team other than the raiders. thats all i know and will ever know as far as football fanhood goes.

so you niner fans would be cool if they went with santa clara forty niners?

Props: mExIcaNox4
Jan 18, 2006
theres no reason for the Raiders to move, attendance was up last season and if that isnt a sign to Raiders ownership that it will remain that way then fuck them. Oakland is there home only played in another city for like 12 years in there franchises history. No i wont be a Niner fan if it happens. I hope i wont ever have to make a choice of switching to another team but due to my ties to another city which i could end up moving to a few years down the line it wouldnt be the hardest choice

Feb 12, 2004
so you niner fans would be cool if they went with santa clara forty niners?
No, I don't want the Raiders to move to Santa Clara with the Niners.

The 49ers are the ONLY team out of all the bay area teams(besides the Sharks but they havent been around long enough) that was 100% homegrown in the bay and has been here their entire duration.
IMO Raiders will eventually want to move out of Oakland because a.) Attendance issues. You guys did better last season, but you still needed extensions on certain games. The season before that every home game was blacked out. b.) It's Oakland and nobody wants to be in Oakland. The A's want to get the hell out asap and i'm sure the Raiders do too but they don't want to make it public because their following is way more loyal then that of the A's and they wouldn't want to do damage to that while they're still here.

Jun 23, 2005
i stated my question wrong. would you niner fans be okay if they changed the nme of your team to santa clara forty niners?

mark davis said his first option is oakland, the raiders want to stay in oakland, but they also want and need a new stadium

SLICC RICC

Encapuchado
Jan 4, 2005
IF THE A'S LEAVE OAKLAND ILL BE DEVISTATED... I HAVE MANY MEMORIES AS A KID OF GOIN TO THE COLISEUM ON BART, GETTING OFF AT THE COLISEUM STATION, THE SMELL OF SHERM SMOKE IN THE AIR FROM THE DUDES AT THE BUS STOP... DAMN, I HOPE THEY STAY IN OAKLAND...

AS FAR AS THE RAIDERS, FUCK I HOPE THEY STAY OR GO SOMEWHERE ELSE... L.A. DONT NEED NO MORE FUCKIN RAIDERS FANS...

THE WARRIORS... WELL, THE WARRIORS CAN GO WHEREVER THE FUCK THEY WANT... THEYRE STILL GONNA BE SORRY...

Jan 12, 2006
The venue will be located on Piers 30-32 on the waterfront in San Francisco. This area is in close proximity to BART, Caltrain and Muni stops, ferry terminals and the Bay Bridge, while also being located within easy walking distance of the Financial District in Downtown San Francisco. View preliminary concept designs, facts and area maps below. (Credits: Snøhetta & AECOM - official architecture team)

Venue Footprint:
170,000 square feet

Venue Height:
135 feet. For reference, AT&T Park is 183 feet to the light standard, 132 feet to the top of the seating bowl

Venue Seating Capacity:
17,500. For reference, the capacity of Oracle Arena is 19,596

Venue Total Square Footage: (excluding practice facilities and meeting rooms): 740,000 square feet

Practice Courts:
21,000 square feet

Community Event Room:
10,000 square feet

Parking Spaces: approximately 630. Piers 30-32 currently parks 1,500 cars

Retail: 105,000 square feet

Open Space:
333,000 square feet

Open Space as Portion of Total Site Area: 333,000 square feet out of 548,500 square feet. The Warriors are committed to no less than 50 percent of the site being dedicated to open space

Maritime Uses: Ferry landing, fire boat/fire station facility (accommodating three fire boats), water taxi landing, kayak docking

Dec 30, 2003
The only place i would want the A's to move to is the spot by the coliseum with all the flea markets n shit. i hate that flea market crap my whole life anyway might as well shut it all down and build a fat ass stadium there. I always wanted the A's to have their own spot. with as much as i Love the Raiders i was an A's fan first. and they fuck up the field during playoff baseball.

Jan 12, 2006
Oakland Raiders have no plans to share stadium with 49ers

O.co Coliseum in Oakland is a sight to behold, but not in a good way. Home to the Oakland Raiders and Oakland Athletics baseball team, the 46-year-old stadium is beyond renovation, Raiders owner Mark Davis told NFL.com and NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport during the NFL Fall Meeting in Chicago.

The multi-purpose stadium poses problems when it comes to repairs and upgrades and the sightlines for football are "absolutely terrible," Davis told Rapoport.

The Raiders' bay area rivals, the San Francisco 49ers, broke ground on their new, 68,500-seat Santa Clara Stadium in April. But Davis told Rapoport that he has no plans to share the stadium, a la the New York Giants and New York Jets before MetLife Stadium was built.

"I give the 49ers all the credit in the world for getting a shovel in the ground in California," Davis said. "That's phenomenal. But we're trying to get our situation right. It's not easy to do."

The 49ers and Raiders have kept discussion open about sharing a home field, although Davis told Rapoport that the best case scenario would be to keep the Raiders in Oakland and build a new stadium on the current site of O.Co Coliseum, or at another viable site in Dublin, Calif.

Oakland Raiders have no plans to share stadium with 49ers - NFL.com

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
Dont see why the raiders cant just build a new stadium by the Dennys theres so much open area around that area it would give that area a upgrade for sure