Nuclear arms reportedly found in Iraq

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 8, 2002
something to think about

http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20040721-081009-2541r.htm
Baghdad, Iraq, Jul. 21 (UPI) -- Iraqi security reportedly discovered three missiles carrying nuclear heads concealed in a concrete trench northwest of Baghdad, official sources said Wednesday.

The official daily al-Sabah quoted the sources as saying the missiles were discovered in trenches near the city of Tikrit, the hometown of ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein.

"The three missiles were discovered by chance when the Iraqi security forces captured former Baath party official Khoder al-Douri who revealed during interrogation the location of the missiles saying they carried nuclear heads," the sources said.

They pointed out that the missiles were actually discovered in the trenches lying under six meters of concrete and designed in a way to unable sophisticated sensors from discovering nuclear radiation.

The sources said al-Douri, who is related to former Vice Chairman of the Iraq Revolution Council and Saddam's right-hand man Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, was captured after Iraqi police intercepted an e-mail message in which he set a meeting with another former Baath official.

The report could not be authenticated by the interior ministry or the national security department, but the paper noted Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshiar Zibari made a surprise request recently to Mohammed el-Baradei, head of the International Atomic Energy Agency, to resume inspections for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Copyright 2004 United Press International

same article different source

http://interestalert.com/brand/site...teia&Fid=WORLDNEW&Type=News&Filter=World News
BAGHDAD, July 21 (UPI) -- Iraqi security reportedly discovered three missiles carrying nuclear heads concealed in a concrete trench northwest of Baghdad, official sources said Wednesday.

The official daily al-Sabah quoted the sources as saying the missiles were discovered in trenches near the city of Tikrit, the hometown of ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein.

"The three missiles were discovered by chance when the Iraqi security forces captured former Baath party official Khoder al-Douri who revealed during interrogation the location of the missiles saying they carried nuclear heads," the sources said.

They pointed out that the missiles were actually discovered in the trenches lying under six meters of concrete and designed in a way to unable sophisticated sensors from discovering nuclear radiation.

The sources said al-Douri, who is related to former Vice Chairman of the Iraq Revolution Council and Saddam's right-hand man Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, was captured after Iraqi police intercepted an e-mail message in which he set a meeting with another former Baath official.

The report could not be authenticated by the interior ministry or the national security department, but the paper noted Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshiar Zibari made a surprise request recently to Mohammed el-Baradei, head of the International Atomic Energy Agency, to resume inspections for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Copyright 2004 by United Press International.
All rights reserved.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=5731553
Iraq Interior Ministry Says Report on Nukes 'Stupid'
Wed Jul 21, 2004 09:28 AM ET

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraq's Interior Ministry dismissed as "stupid" a report in a local newspaper on Wednesday that said three nuclear missiles had been found near the town of Tikrit.
A senior U.S. military official told reporters he had no information on the report in the newspaper al-Sabah. He said officials were checking the report.

Asked by Reuters about the report, a spokesman at the Interior Ministry said: "It's stupid."

© Reuters 2004. All Rights Reserved.

Jan 9, 2004
I clicked on the link and read this:

Baghdad, Iraq, Jul. 21 (UPI) -- A U.S. military official Wednesday denied a report of Iraqi missiles carrying nuclear warheads being found in a concrete trench northwest of Baghdad.

Mar 18, 2003
TOKZTLI said:
Baghdad, Iraq, Jul. 21 (UPI) -- A U.S. military official Wednesday denied a report of Iraqi missiles carrying nuclear warheads being found in a concrete trench northwest of Baghdad.
I'm wondering if they would notify every military official in the middle-east immediatley after uncovering the missles. The claim for the weapons to have been found and this word from a military official are still just speculation.

Dec 25, 2003
When they look at them, and conclude yes, they are nukes, we will see who brings out the report then.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had a fat ass "made in America" stamp and were postmarked from Texas.

Mar 18, 2003
WHITE DEVIL said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they had a fat ass "made in America" stamp and were postmarked from Texas.
Nah, they've been tripping over those since they invaded. Those could have been produced at any given time I'm sure. I think if this story is true, they are probably genuine nukes, not from America. Why would the U.S. uncover them? Of course, they could have paid some iraqi to weld the stamp off the missle.

Jun 24, 2004
WHITE DEVIL said:
Why the government would place nukes in Iraq, to me, is a dead ringer.

Here we go we finally find the proof we need to see that sadaam deserved to be taken out of power, but of course the commie 2-0 and wd are gonna say the government planted them there. Sorry kids this isnt the fucking movies, Ive heard so much bullshit from u two its like watching a B movie.

May 2, 2002
this doesnt really mean much. it might raise bush's approval ratings. might not. I dont really care either way. cuz like I said before, Im not crazy about bush or kerry.

askG

Sicc OG
Nov 19, 2002
mac yayo said:
does this meen the troops will be in iraq even longer?
regardless of the situation in iraq or what they find, iraq now belongs to the US, i dont see the troops leaving anytime soon regardless of the bullshit that dope bush tells you, believe it.

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
WHITE DEVIL said:
Yes, of course. Because even if you have billions of dollars stashed, you aren't allowed to produce your own 75 cent "Made in America" stamps and put them on there yourself. :confused: