Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
I watched the OL against JJ specifically....when he wasn't double teamed, the one-on-one with the OT was a nice battle. Even through all that, JJ still got his licks in. He is the best D layer in the league by a lot...i mean, a lot. He is a wrecking ball.

And to think, he was a 2* DE/TE coming out of HS that played his first 1 year at CMU buried in the depth, left, and walked on at Wisconsin. The rest is history.

Props: Chree

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Gotta love this news........

Speaking Monday, 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said there's a "good chance" Mario Manningham (knee, PUP) resumes practicing when first eligible in Week 7.
"We're counting down the days," Harbaugh said. Harbs said the same is true of PUP DL Tank Carradine (ACL) and Quinton Dial. Manningham should immediately slide in as a starter opposite Anquan Boldin upon his return, but he's not a terribly compelling stash in 10-12 team re-draft leagues. Coming off a major injury, his upside just isn't that high.

and.........

According to 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh, Michael Crabtree (Achilles, PUP) is on track to be "game ready" by mid-to-late November.
Crabtree is eligible to be activated as soon as Week 7, but he's unlikely to resume practicing before Week 10 or 11. In a best-case scenario, he'd return after the 49ers' Week 9 bye, but there's been no indication that's a realistic possibility. With his timeline still fuzzy, Crabtree is a waste of a roster spot in 10-12 team re-draft leagues. You need to make the fantasy playoffs before Crabtree could help you in them.

gettting stronger..........

Feb 14, 2006
Jim Harbaugh today said the 49ers' two rookie defensive linemen, Tank Carradine and Quinton Dial, are on track to begin practicing for the first time next week. After they start practicing, the team has a three-week window with which to add them to the 53-man roster or shut them down completely for the season. Carradine, a second-round pick who is coming off an ACL injury suffered in November, will play defensive end and is ostensibly the long-term replacement for Justin Smith. Dial, who Harbaugh said was up to 340-350 pounds, would play nose tackle. "Moving real well," Harbaugh said of Dial, a fifth-round pick. "So high hopes for him."
49ers Blog and Q&A: Reinforcements coming: Carradine, Dial, Manningham -- even Crabtree -- close to joining 49ers

Apr 24, 2012
YES back up on the way!!!!!!!

on a side note.. there are a few free agents on the SF roster next year one of them being Crabtree, what you all think will happen or want to happen with that?

resign him? I think he'll want like 8mil

im all for resiging all 3 free agents (keap, crab and iupati ) if we can..

Last edited:

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
Aldon gets Cut if he gets found guilty.... I think he is too dope of a player to let walk and end up a Seahawk just cause.... And thats what will happen for SURE if we cut him loose now.... Just gonna have to wait it out and hope rehab and shit takes its course and the League suspension passes. Cant just give him away....

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
Aldon gets Cut if he gets found guilty.... I think he is too dope of a player to let walk and end up a Seahawk just cause.... And thats what will happen for SURE if we cut him loose now.... Just gonna have to wait it out and hope rehab and shit takes its course and the League suspension passes. Cant just give him away....
aldon is fucked, he might get a deal but he's still getting some time..we might not see him for a few years minimum ...i would be very surprised if he came back even next year now