Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 9, 2005
I will tell you what it is called, it is called self respect. his agent played him, his HC played him, if he goes back to SF I give him props for sucking it up but that doesn't change what happened.
Self respect? Peyton is a top 5 QB in the history of the game. Sorry, but if anyone feels slighted by your team going after a player of this caliber, you're delusional. It's not like they were kicking the tires on Matt Leinhart.

One thing you need on the field is chemistry and how can Jim look Smith in the eye from here on out and say "you are my guy."
Okay, so tell me when you've heard anyone from the 49ers organization discussing Peyton Manning in the media, at all. You won't be able to, that's because they didn't. They went about their business as usual. Behind closed doors. This is the new 49ers regime's M.O.

Again, I think if anything, Alex feels more slighted by his agent, who kept him in the dark about the whole thing, and possibly advised him to hold off on signing the contract with SF, with a potential blockbuster deal with Peyton looming.

Maybe now, but there were alot of other teams that could use Manning's services but they get it. Rookie HC, shitty front office, and that is how you treat the guy that just took your team to the NFC championship game? Call it what you want, but I call it stupid. TTTTTTTEEEEEBBBBBBBOOOOOOOWWWWW WWWWWHHHHHOOOOOAAAAA!

Our rookie HC took a 6-10 team to 2 muffed punts away from a Super Bowl, in one year, without the benefit of an off season.

Our "shitty front office" made an absolute killing in free agency, without breaking the bank last year, and arguably had the most productive draft in the NFL, in terms of immediate impact players.

You call it stupid to take a shot at one of the best QB's to ever play the game, but what you don't know is that Peyton (through his agent) contacted the 49ers to see if there was any interest for him. I'd call it stupid to sleep on an opportunity like that.

GO NINERS.

Dec 2, 2006
Self respect? Peyton is a top 5 QB in the history of the game. Sorry, but if anyone feels slighted by your team going after a player of this caliber, you're delusional. It's not like they were kicking the tires on Matt Leinhart.
If you don't believe in yourself you shouldn't be playing at the proffessional level, period. Peyton Manning is who he is because of hard work and dedication. Like I said, there are plenty of teams that could use his services that overlooked him, are they delusional too?
Okay, so tell me when you've heard anyone from the 49ers organization discussing Peyton Manning in the media, at all. You won't be able to, that's because they didn't. They went about their business as usual. Behind closed doors. This is the new 49ers regime's M.O.
I didn't and really don't follow anything 49ers except to get a laugh every now and then. They were tight lipped because they knew what it would be screaming out, too bad the cat is out the bag now though.
Again, I think if anything, Alex feels more slighted by his agent, who kept him in the dark about the whole thing, and possibly advised him to hold off on signing the contract with SF, with a potential blockbuster deal with Peyton looming.
You may be right, but he can't be too happy with his boy Jim at the moment.

Our rookie HC took a 6-10 team to 2 muffed punts away from a Super Bowl, in one year, without the benefit of an off season.
You guys keep blaming the two muffed punts but it is bigger than that. Football is a team game, there is nothing I about it. Those punts hurt, yes, but it should have never come to that. That is like people that put blame in the system. It is good conversation, it has a little support, but the foundation and people running it is what is skewed....

Our "shitty front office" made an absolute killing in free agency, without breaking the bank last year, and arguably had the most productive draft in the NFL, in terms of immediate impact players.
I simply have to ask, how did that work out for you guys?

You call it stupid to take a shot at one of the best QB's to ever play the game, but what you don't know is that Peyton (through his agent) contacted the 49ers to see if there was any interest for him. I'd call it stupid to sleep on an opportunity like that.

GO NINERS.
I call it stupid because what does that say about their confidence in Alex Smith moving forward after you claim he is your guy? He doesn't want to hear that shit, hence, why it was such a secret.

Look, Harbaugh did do a great job and put together a good gameplan that fit the players, nobody is saying he didn't. But he played it conservative pretty much all year only to turn it loose the Championship game? Like I said, he got outcoached that game and that cost you guys a Superbowl in my opinion.

GO RAIDERS!

Nov 14, 2004
^ you sir are an idiot. the game is a team sport, but that champ game we did everything we had been doing including the struggles to convert on third and in the endzone. we came up short in ST where we had been dominating all season. theres always places to be better, but had we simply done what we had been doing on ST, (i.e ball security) we would have won that game on akers leg, bc that Defense was keeping us in it.

GO NINERS.

Dec 9, 2005
If you don't believe in yourself you shouldn't be playing at the proffessional level, period. Peyton Manning is who he is because of hard work and dedication. Like I said, there are plenty of teams that could use his services that overlooked him, are they delusional too?
Big difference between believing in yourself, and being in touch with reality. The reality of it is that Peyton is better than 95% of the QB's who have ever played the game, probably more, so obviously one can understand that his team is always looking for the best players.

I didn't and really don't follow anything 49ers except to get a laugh every now and then. They were tight lipped because they knew what it would be screaming out, too bad the cat is out the bag now though.
Well, it shows that you don't follow my team. Because I do, and they're tight lipped about everything nowadays.

You may be right, but he can't be too happy with his boy Jim at the moment.
No doubt. But it would be ignorant to confuse public support for unconditional support. Coach Harbaugh has always given him public support.

You guys keep blaming the two muffed punts but it is bigger than that. Football is a team game, there is nothing I about it. Those punts hurt, yes, but it should have never come to that. That is like people that put blame in the system. It is good conversation, it has a little support, but the foundation and people running it is what is skewed....
Of course it's a team game. If you're trying to say that those two muffed punts didn't affect the outcome of the game, you're just letting the Niner hater in you cloud your view. Those two turnovers costed us 10 points. We lost by 3. Do the math.

I simply have to ask, how did that work out for you guys?

I call it stupid because what does that say about their confidence in Alex Smith moving forward after you claim he is your guy? He doesn't want to hear that shit, hence, why it was such a secret.
I see what you're saying, but our front office has always stressed that they are always looking for the best players, and I think even Alex will tell you he knows Peyton is a much better QB than he is.

Look, Harbaugh did do a great job and put together a good gameplan that fit the players, nobody is saying he didn't. But he played it conservative pretty much all year only to turn it loose the Championship game? Like I said, he got outcoached that game and that cost you guys a Superbowl in my opinion.

GO RAIDERS!
Not sure how you figure he got out coached, but you're entitled to that. I think it was a lack of execution on our players parts, most notably on offense and special teams.

Jul 25, 2007
see I told you Ass smith was gonna sign sooner or later. He has no choice.

Radiostaionrep is another delusional Raitarded fan.

LOL @ Tebow. We dont need a running back. We already got Frank Gore you dummy.

Dec 4, 2006
We're doomed for 3 mores years..

sorry guys, but we'll be in the playoffs but we will not win a SB under Alex Smith ...

and fuck off Radiostationrep ... you just jealous because your team is going to fail for the next 2-3 years...#fact

back to 49ers...

so yeah......I have nothing else to say but to deal with it and pretend that weak ass motherfucker is our QB for 3 more years...

Feb 12, 2004
What about Kaepernick Dfresh? You don't think he can be the starter and take over Alex's position within the next 3 years? Apparently one thing thats come out from all this stuff is that the 49ers are very confident in Colin Kaepernick being the qb of the future. You want big arm you got it in Kaepernick that's for sure.

[video=youtube;7BCJeBchzPA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BCJeBchzPA[/video]
[video=youtube;4tfuDwuREdE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tfuDwuREdE[/video]

IMO Kaepernick can be sick but he definitely needs some coaching. He has the big arm ability being able to zip and bomb the ball, he's quick as fuck, he's big, he's super athletic BUT he hasn't adjusted to taking the ball from behind center which has led to SIMPLE problems like handing off the ball and I wasn't impressed with his ability to read the defense. He seems like after his first read he's fucked. He also has a slow delivery and i'm not sure how much touch he has on his passes.

Dec 2, 2006
One thing about football, you have to sieze the moment when the opportunity presents itself, something the Niners just didn't do. Be mad about it all you want, bash the Raiders all you want, you guys are 0-0 like the other 31 teams. Nobody knows what is going to happen next year, maybe you guys win it all, maybe you don't even make the playoffs, that is why they play the game.

All Harbaugh had to do was run the ball a little more and get this, tell his second string kick returner (in wet/sloppy conditions at candlestick) to avoid contact. But instead, his arrogance cost you guys a chance at #6 plain and simple. I like Harbaugh but he got outcoached in the Championship game. He should have stuck with got you guys there and that is smart conservative football.

Don't trip though, Alex Smith is back, HAHAHA!

Jan 12, 2006
Harbaugh: Relationship with Smith is 'strong, as always'

SANTA CLARA -- Coach Jim Harbaugh said Tuesday evening that his rapport with quarterback Alex Smith is as strong as ever.

"It's been good -- strong relationship, as always," Harbaugh said as he left the 49ers' facility. "It's a very strong relationship."

Smith's return to the 49ers appears imminent after an NFL Network report that the sides have agreed to a new contract to guarantee Smith returns to the 49ers for an eighth season.

Harbaugh, however, declined to confirm the deal has been completed.

"I always have a good policy, based on experience, that it's never wise, never benefits anybody concerned to discuss negotiations and contracts in the media," Harbaugh said.

"We're in a negotiating time. We're in a free-agent period. We're in a contract talk. All these questions are about negotiations."

Harbaugh said repeatedly this offseason -- prior to the start of free agency -- that Smith is "our guy." When asked if that's still the case, Harbaugh answered, "Nothing's changed."

The 49ers pursued free-agent Peyton Manning, who on Monday chose with the Denver Broncos. Harbaugh declined to confirm that he had a meeting with Smith on Monday. CEO Jed York said the 49ers' offer remained on the table and it was up to Smith to agree to the deal.

The return of Smith is a move that most expected would happen before now, but it was a big part of the 49ers' offseason plan.

Through the first week of free agency, the 49ers' biggest acquisitions have been wide receivers Randy Moss and Mario Manningham. The team also extended cornerback Carlos Rogers with a four-year, $29.3 million contract.

When asked if Harbaugh feels good with the 49ers' free-agent, he answered, "I do. I feel good about the way things are progressing. Excited to be back working. I felt that way for the last two months, get back get working and continue to build our team.

"And our players are. It's been great watching them come into the facility and see those guys working. i can't imagine there are very many facilities around the NFL with this many guys pumping iron and out there running and doing what our guys are doing. So I think they feel the same as well."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-...with-Smith-is-stro?blockID=673858&feedID=5936

Jan 12, 2006
“I don’t think there will be any bad blood because he went to Miami for an interview,” former 49ers running back great Roger Craig said Tuesday. “That’s part of the process, it’s the nature of the beast. He has to do what’s best for him and his family. I’m pretty sure the 49ers are going to work something out. Players love him, fans love him. I love him.

“I think Alex wants to get this put to bed so he can focus on having a great year, an All-Pro year this year,” Craig said. “He doesn’t want this dark cloud over him. It’s really his time, and he understands the business. He knows it’s a good situation.”

49ers CEO Jed York had said the team’s three-year offer still stood despite the pursuit of Manning, and it was just up to Smith to sign.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-49ers-smith

Feb 12, 2004
One thing about football, you have to sieze the moment when the opportunity presents itself, something the Niners just didn't do. Be mad about it all you want, bash the Raiders all you want, you guys are 0-0 like the other 31 teams. Nobody knows what is going to happen next year, maybe you guys win it all, maybe you don't even make the playoffs, that is why they play the game.

All Harbaugh had to do was run the ball a little more and get this, tell his second string kick returner (in wet/sloppy conditions at candlestick) to avoid contact. But instead, his arrogance cost you guys a chance at #6 plain and simple. I like Harbaugh but he got outcoached in the Championship game. He should have stuck with got you guys there and that is smart conservative football.

Don't trip though, Alex Smith is back, HAHAHA!
11th straight season of no playoffs. Get ready. Commitment to losing.

Just lose baby.

View attachment 109205