Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2006
So from today's game all I can gather up is that the OL needs major work ...

Defense did look solid...I think Kaepernick is better than Ass Smith IMO...if the OL can be fixed and give him enough time to get the ball off his hands, I'm sure he can make magic on the field with that arm ...

There's no remedy for Ass Smith though, you can clearly see he still a pussy....overthrown and under passes still part of his problem..

he can't get the ball off his hands and sits in the pocket waiting for I don't know what when he has players open...

Dec 12, 2006
He's beasting Bro and allowing other players to make plays w/ all that attention the o-line has on him....
Im glad folks see it too cuz like most of the 9er Empire I was caught off guard when we took the kid out Missouri but looks like he put on about 20 lbs since the draft which is hella impressive given the way things are goin, loosin Takeo is a loss in the leadership and neck department but Bowman is from LB U and hes a player like Gore and Morgan with mad talent and potenial that just got overshadowed by injuries and family situations.

When I look my team up and down I cant see a slot where we didnt replace a loss and I feel like regardless of the QB (IMO) Edwards Crabby Morgan Davis at TE and Gore HB, at least on paper, REGARDLESS of who the QB is this the deepest nasty offense on PAPER we have had in maybe 15 yeare because Gore is better than Hearst or any other back, bak then.

I LOVE our LB Core, depth and great players

Secondary suddenly IMO has a much better balance of new talent and established players maybe Whitner is too young in the league to call established but his tackle total last yr speaks for his self

D Line I was at B Youngs last game agaisnt hte bucs but I like J Smith more because he can play more slots, Ray Mcdonald is a sleeper with a good pedigree

O Line I dunno no comments on A Davis Or Chilo

Plz guys take a look at Kaeps junior (?) yr stats which ends with a bowl loss to...Southern Medoist, also lookin at his Senior (?) yr the game vs Boise he clearly gets outclassed number wise by the Boise QB who seems like a STUD and i would LOVE him for the 9ers minus the fact hes 6 1 so call it 5 11 right?

Dec 12, 2006
Damm i almost got taken to some website bout wine coolers but again I dont mean no disrespect to the legend BY but unless J Smith just quits he will finish his career with more sacks, tackles, solo tackles, assit tackles, and most consecutive starts, of course BY gave EVERYTHING to the franchise I just think J Smith is a more complete athlete in todays games, they got about a decade seperating the start of their career... just my two cents again............ BY THE LEGEND, if J smith spends the next 4-5 yrs with the Empire he will be in this talked about 9ers hall of fame in SC

by the way

heard that in SC the parking lot will be a vertical lot and not the sprawl that is the boonies of SF and brisbane for bbqs, kegs, and other car/pregame activites

I wanna seen some fuckin response from the sicc on this, this is god damm HUGE, its all cuz Jed aint fromt he city he said fuck the old guard ima cash out in the burbs......I understand after the games 80 percent of folk go south but this is fuckin bullshit

take the fuckin giants

Feb 12, 2004
Harbaugh opens 49ers' QB job to competition

Coach Jim Harbaugh emphasized Saturday night that the 49ers have not yet named a starting quarterback.
This statement comes on the heels of a preseason opener in which Alex Smith completed 2-of-7 passes for 10 yards. "So far, it hasn't had a chance to be clear-cut, yet," said Harbaugh. "So we'll continue to practice." Harbaugh also said the 49ers would add a veteran quarterback if the "right person" came available, which is a possibility at or around final cuts. Rookie Colin Kaepernick isn't ready, but Smith's job is clearly in danger.

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
Not defending Ass Smith but our O-line looked way out of sync, seemed like there first time playing together, probably in part because of the lockout and our new center Goodwin still learning the playbook, hindering his leadership ability.

We should be fine though, except Rachal needs to step the fuck up and hold his ground, needs help with his footwork. Take it back to fundamentals with him.

Jun 18, 2005
Not defending Ass Smith but our O-line looked way out of sync, seemed like there first time playing together, probably in part because of the lockout and our new center Goodwin still learning the playbook, hindering his leadership ability.

We should be fine though, except Rachal needs to step the fuck up and hold his ground, needs help with his footwork. Take it back to fundamentals with him.
Don't 4get about A.Davis breh, he needs to step up his footwork aswell!

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Colts waived QB Nate Davis.
Davis has never lacked NFL-caliber tools, but work ethic and intelligence have been problematic. It's not a good sign that he was cut after Curtis Painter played so miserably in the Colts' preseason opener. Combined, Painter and Dan Orlovsky completed just 7-of-16 passes for 166 yards and three INTs.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
A source tells CSN Bay Area that the 49ers plan to sign free agent Daunte Culpepper to a one-year contract.
The move obviously reeks of desperation, but at least the 49ers are acknowledging a problem. They're not going to go anywhere with Alex Smith at quarterback. Per CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco, however, the Niners would only view Culpepper as a third-stringer with experience who could play in a pinch if needed. The 34-year-old would not be added to compete for the starting job.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
A source tells CSN Bay Area that the 49ers plan to sign free agent Daunte Culpepper to a one-year contract.
The move obviously reeks of desperation, but at least the 49ers are acknowledging a problem. They're not going to go anywhere with Alex Smith at quarterback. Per CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco, however, the Niners would only view Culpepper as a third-stringer with experience who could play in a pinch if needed. The 34-year-old would not be added to compete for the starting job.