Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 25, 2007
Frank Gore ended his holdout and reported to training camp on Monday.
He only missed Thursday through Sunday. The 49ers didn't practice Monday, but Gore will hit the field Tuesday as well as speak to the media. He's expected to be fully recovered from last season's hip fracture. The injury is not a long-term concern, and Gore is ranked ninth among running backs in PPR leagues per the Rotoworld Draft Guide. He'll be the centerpiece of Jim Harbaugh's offense, especially with top wideout Michael Crabtree out indefinitely.
I guess he read/or agent told him about the new CBA and being fined $30k a day for holding out. lol Gore probably felt dumb.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
49ers undrafted rookie WR Dontavia Bogan will miss the 2011 season after tearing his ACL in practice.
Bogan also cracked a bone in his knee, which may delay surgery. He's the second 49ers player to go down with an ACL injury in the first week of practice (TE Nate Byham was the other). A possession receiver with kick return skills, Bogan was all-conference at South Florida last season.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Writing on his Twitter page Monday evening, free agent FS Dashon Goldson mentioned the Cowboys as a team he'd like to join.
Goldson's market has been awfully quiet for a young player with so much talent. He may not have helped himself by taking a bit of a dig at the 49ers' organization. "I'm not sure what the 49ers' move was for," Goldson wrote, referring to Madieu Williams. "I guess to scare me. ... We'll it didn't work. Try again."

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
Damn....

Has the 9ers signed ANY free agents at all? Don't they have like a TON of cap space???

Manny wasn't the best by any means but he was def serviceable. Now 2 of the starting LB's are gone in manny n takeo, if I'm correct...

I'm a raider fan til the day I die but to ME, I find it more entertaining n competitive when BOTH the raiders n 9ers are playin at a high level.

Jan 12, 2006
Damn....

Has the 9ers signed ANY free agents at all? Don't they have like a TON of cap space???

Manny wasn't the best by any means but he was def serviceable. Now 2 of the starting LB's are gone in manny n takeo, if I'm correct...

I'm a raider fan til the day I die but to ME, I find it more entertaining n competitive when BOTH the raiders n 9ers are playin at a high level.
i agree! sucks both teams will be under 500. this season.

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
U know what im actually pretty confident wit my team. Im not gonna make some over the top prediction n say super bowl or playoffs or whatever cuz it's any given Sunday but I feel like we're taking the right steps to being a competitive team again. I honestly feel that we will be over .500 this year. I dunno bout playoffs n what not but an improvement from last year would be great. One season at a time.

We did over pay some players by a lot but fuck it, it aint my money..... It sucks that we lost Nnamdi but after the HUGE contract Al gave routt, I knew Nnamdi was as good as gone....

Jun 18, 2005
U know what im actually pretty confident wit my team. Im not gonna make some over the top prediction n say super bowl or playoffs or whatever cuz it's any given Sunday but I feel like we're taking the right steps to being a competitive team again. I honestly feel that we will be over .500 this year. I dunno bout playoffs n what not but an improvement from last year would be great. One season at a time.

We did over pay some players by a lot but fuck it, it aint my money..... It sucks that we lost Nnamdi but after the HUGE contract Al gave routt, I knew Nnamdi was as good as gone....

Hate too say it but I do see Oakland improving and possibly having a better record than Frisco, that also if they don't lose Miller. Their "D" will be better....