Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 10, 2006
Well Justin Smith better get more than 2 1/2 sacks for 45 mil over six years, I think you guys over spent. Good though cuzz that knocks one team out of the Lance Briggs competition!

Apr 25, 2002
WoW!

Yeah WTF!! Why would they give him that much? I mean, he's a good player (supposedly) but they're paying him to be great.

I sure hope it works out, because I think they could have paid someone else that type of money, and got a much better player out of it.

Well Justin Smith better get more than 2 1/2 sacks for 45 mil over six years, I think you guys over spent. Good though cuzz that knocks one team out of the Lance Briggs competition!
he's good but he better play like he worth all that next year cuz 2 1/2 sacks aint gonna cut it 4real. we still got chips to sign briggs

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
actually the deal isnt too bad, its not gonna kill our Cap

we still got up to 17 mil left
and if d jack still gets cut, we save 6 mil i believe

but its kinda funny how we have a WR from the Rams and Seahawks, all we need is bryant johnson and we will have a WR from all of our NFC west opponents lol

DONT KNOW IF THIS WAS POSTED BUT

Minnesota has acted swiftly to add a No. 1 receiver for young QB Tarvaris Jackson.

The Vikings have come to terms on a six-year deal with Bernard Berrian, sources have told FOXSports.com. The worth of the deal is not yet known.
Berrian was considered the No. 2 receiver on the open market behind Randy Moss. The Chicago Bears wanted to retain Berrian, who was the team's deep threat. But in the end, the deal Minnesota offered was too good to pass up.

With Berrian now gone, the Bears may look to Devin Hester to stretch the field in the passing game.

Apr 19, 2005
www.SacTownRadio.com
Justin Smith is well worth that $$$ last year was a down year for him....7.5 sacks year before, 6 before that, and 8 before that...and that was on a bengals team with no playmakers on their D...now team him up with Manny Lawson, Bantan-Cain, Willis...dam our front 7 is lookin dope...and if we get Briggs....it's clear to see what type of team we're building...Defense wins championships...and ours is lookin pretty fuckin dope on paper....now it's just gotta translate to the field

Oh and he's durable..only his rookie year did he miss any games...last 6 years he's played in all 16...

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Justin Smith is well worth that $$$ last year was a down year for him....7.5 sacks year before, 6 before that, and 8 before that...and that was on a bengals team with no playmakers on their D...now team him up with Manny Lawson, Bantan-Cain, Willis...dam our front 7 is lookin dope...and if we get Briggs....it's clear to see what type of team we're building...Defense wins championships...and ours is lookin pretty fuckin dope on paper....now it's just gotta translate to the field

Oh and he's durable..only his rookie year did he miss any games...last 6 years he's played in all 16...
I agree fully, we dont need briggs, basically whoever fills derek smiths spot is gonna be clean up, its a waste of money putting briggs there when Brandon Moore, or Jeff Ulbrich can fill that slot just fine.

Justin Smith is a great addition, i think with this our D line will be

Sopoaga @ LE, Franklin @ NT, and Smith @ RE

Smith is a tackling machine, and gets alotta tackles for a D lineman