Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
how about we not fire any coaches and just let them actually build something...yeah they werent perfect but no ones gonna be if they only have a year to do something...5 different OC's in 5 years is insanity

Oct 29, 2007
am I the only one that has a lil bit of faith in Smith? I mean he's shown improvement and our coaches finally use him in the shotgun/spread offense and he's proven to be comfortable. Its just our fuckin oline sucks! Like dude posted above. Work on our oline and draft a speedy WR to stretch out the field and open it up for crabtree, VD and gore.
i agree but disagree at the same time, yea alex has shown much improvement but u cant expect him to be in shotgun the whole time...as a qb he should be able to feel comfortable in any formation they put him especially if he wants to be a great qb...as for the o-line yea we do need a better one to help alex feel better in any formation and to actually protect him and give him some time to find crabtree, davis or morgan...for the coaches i dont think we need new ones, singletary has been a good coach n he recognizes when he did something wrong and he has alot of faith on everyone especially alex even when nobody else does, he is one hella of a motivator n i think one year is too short to decide if he should stay or leave.

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
The San Francisco 49ers announced Tuesday that they have released DT Baraka Atkins. Atkins originally signed with the team on December 9, when DT Kentwan Balmer was placed on the Injured Reserve List.

Atkins (6-4, 268) originally entered the NFL as a fourth round draft pick (120th overall) of the Seattle Seahawks in the 2007 Draft. He has played in 21 career games and recorded 28 tackles, two sacks, two fumble recoveries and one pass defensed. Atkins was released by the Seahawks in September.

Dec 2, 2006
are you guys still satisfied with singletary?

i listened to him on knbr yesterday and the guy really doesnt sound to convincing anymore....

i mean he was a hell of a player but that does not always translate to coaching ability...

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
49ers signed K/P Ricky Schmitt, formerly of the Raiders.
The Shepherd College product (for real) is insurance for Joe Nedney (groin), who is a bit banged up. Nedney's status is uncertain for Week 16

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004

not if he stays with alex

not if he stays with raye

Sing needs a proper O-Coord, he is a de guy and a motivational guy. and that motivational side of it makes him a great coach, but without an offense no team will have success. the de breaks down without an offense.

someone said at least we dont have knapp anymore, well we arent that far off.

and someone who still had hope in alex is a retard. alex is worse than russell, at least russell can win games in the 4th. anytime the game is on the line alex has no chance. alex cant even move a 2 minute drill, its an automatic turnover.

i think it would be better to bring in a new o coord than to stay with raye, raye doesnt understand the current nfl and its obvious he is stuck in a 90's scheme.

we need someone new, fresh, and current. someone younger than 50.

i agree a new o coord every single year is insane, but staying with a loser is more insane. instead of moving forward and at least trying to get better, you're staying with a loser. the loser will lose, the new guy has a chance.

another problem that isnt talked about enough is the complete lack of special teams. a good return for us is 5 yards without a fumble. the longest return was probably 8 yards after we cut rossum.

here is my list of priorities
1a. new o-coord
1b. dump alex
2. return man
3. secondary help with youth and speed
4. o-line help--- maybe a new o-line scheme/coach

its not a big list, and if executed properly we are a playoff team

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
i agree but disagree at the same time, yea alex has shown much improvement but u cant expect him to be in shotgun the whole time...as a qb he should be able to feel comfortable in any formation they put him especially if he wants to be a great qb...as for the o-line yea we do need a better one to help alex feel better in any formation and to actually protect him and give him some time to find crabtree, davis or morgan...for the coaches i dont think we need new ones, singletary has been a good coach n he recognizes when he did something wrong and he has alot of faith on everyone especially alex even when nobody else does, he is one hella of a motivator n i think one year is too short to decide if he should stay or leave.
I don't think Alex will ever be great, but he can still play alot better due to alot of factors, o line, o co-ord & the only thing he has is the recievers, fix the first two next year and there will be an improvement.

i listened to him on knbr yesterday and the guy really doesnt sound to convincing anymore....

i mean he was a hell of a player but that does not always translate to coaching ability...
I was excited last season when he came in and at the start of the season, but he has shown his stuborn side this year, however he has the D playing great so the offense should be his number 1 priority next year.