Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 27, 2008
This is what else I've learned . . .

--The 49ers are not in the running to sign OLB Calvin Pace or WR Bernard Berrian, but they are going after WR Isaac Bruce, whom the Rams released on Thursday. Pace and Berrian are probably getting big deals elsewhere. If Bruce's asking price is right, I'd expect him to sign with the 49ers to reunite with Mike Martz.

--It sure looks as if the Raiders are going to land 49ers OT Kwame Harris with a big deal, somewhere in the neighborhood of $5.5 million annually for five years with $10 million to sign.

--Just because Smith is visiting does not mean he's going to be signing . . . though it's certainly puts the 49ers in a good position. It is possible his price might rise to the point past where the 49ers are willing to go.

dammit......
damnn

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Also, it's pretty clear that Maurice Hicks will not be returning to the 49ers after the signing of Foster.

Haven't heard much about DE Marques Douglas. If he is not snapped up early in free agency when teams have a lot of money, he could end up back with the 49ers.

This has been a crazy night. My cell phone was fully charged this evening. Now, it's running on fumes. I don't think there's much left to report this evening. The big development to watch tomorrow will involve Justin Smith.

Will he leave Santa Clara without a contract? Last year, Nate Clements and Michael Lewis were first-day visitors and both of them signed before leaving town.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Both John Clayton of ESPN and the New York Daily News report that the 49ers, along with the Jets and Rams, are interested in free agent guard Alan Faneca. This is the first word that has reported the 49ers' interest in Faneca.

Dec 9, 2005
Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuce ! I wouldn't mind having Bruce around...but Berrian has youth so, he'd be the first choice. If somehow, some way we could land them both...shit the more the merrier.

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
Bruce on his way to visit 49ers

http://www.49erswebzone.com/content/news/view.php?id=13432

Alex Marvez of FOX Sports reports that former Rams wide receiver Isaac Bruce is on his way to meet with the 49ers at their facility.

Bruce spent the past 14 seasons with St. Louis, including six (2000 to 2005) when Martz was head coach. The Rams released Bruce on Thursday to avoid paying him a $2 million roster bonus.