Nike Awarded NFL Apparel License, Replacing Reebok

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 7, 2006
Oct. 12 (Bloomberg) -- Nike Inc., the world’s largest sporting-goods provider, will replace Reebok as the maker of National Football League-branded apparel and uniforms in a bid to drive sales growth in its largest market.

NFL owners approved a licensing deal with Nike that will begin in 2012, the league said in an e-mailed statement today. Reebok, which was acquired by Adidas AG in 2006, has held the license since 2001. The agreement will last five seasons, Brian McCarthy, a spokesman for the NFL, said in an e-mail

The NFL’s agreement with Nike doesn’t include headwear, which was part of the Reebok deal. NFL-branded hats will be made by New Era Cap Co., based in Buffalo, New York, and the ‘47 Brand from Boston-based Twins Enterprise Inc.

Dec 9, 2005
Foreal tho! There are like 2 or 3 NFL hats that I've bought over the span of the Reebok shit. New Era is the shit as far as caps go, so I know I'll get to rock more 9er shit!

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I have only two NFL hats from Reebok. One is a red Chiefs hat, and the other is an alternate white variant of the same hat, but I have had probably 50 New Era MLB hats since I was a kid.

This is dope news. Now I'll have more NFL hats to rep!

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
It's so hard to find a clean reebok raiders hat...I've got like 4 besides beanies....but if new era is makin raiders hats I'm gonna be broke than a muthafucka coppin everythang!

Finally gonna be able to get a silver jersey again that ain't Charles Woodson